So, now that the new look has settled...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the place looks terrific personally. Kudos to Anguish of course for all the hard work that goes into making things look pretty and effortless.

I want this thread to NOT be about minor, little things you would still like to see. I want this thread to be about anything MAJOR you think we have missed. Is the blue shade within these posting walls to your liking? Do you want darker or brighter? Is the font type and size okay?

Just the main stuff folks. That's what we want to refine at this stage.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Everything is beautiful...fonts, colors, all great. The only thing that really bugs me and I don't know if you consider it major but I do is:

The tiny little dot that marks if you replied to a thread is sooooo small and actually becomes indestinguishable with the feather. This drives me crazy looking for it because I like to check back at least once, sometimes much more, on topics I responded to.

Again, beautiful work overall though.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Everything is awesome, but "next topic" and "previous topic" buttons would make it so much easier to browse...having to bounce out to the main forum each time really sucks on a mobile device. A lot of page loading.

Rainger

Reaction score
Aros":2v3t4966 said:
I think the place looks terrific personally. Kudos to Anguish of course for all the hard work that goes into making things look pretty and effortless.

I want this thread to NOT be about minor, little things you would still like to see. I want this thread to be about anything MAJOR you think we have missed. Is the blue shade within these posting walls to your liking? Do you want darker or brighter? Is the font type and size okay?

Just the main stuff folks. That's what we want to refine at this stage.
Looks great man. Please do not become like the Government or the PC police and start changing things because one or 2 or a vocal minority says some thing isn't right. EX: "Redskins"

The silence you will get will be the majority, the silence is what you need to listen too. Thanks for allowing feed back but I hope no changes are made unless they are major productivity features. Great Job!!!!!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":3odwr76v said:
Everything is beautiful...fonts, colors, all great. The only thing that really bugs me and I don't know if you consider it major but I do is:

The tiny little dot that marks if you replied to a thread is sooooo small and actually becomes indestinguishable with the feather. This drives me crazy looking for it because I like to check back at least once, sometimes much more, on topics I responded to.

Again, beautiful work overall though.

We are working on that actually. You will notice at the top of the main forum page a thread about asking for help with the icons. We have had some nibbles and we hope to have a new icon set soon...Anguish will be able to provide the update on that since all entries have to go through him, but I agree.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Just waiting on that upgrade to the icons, as they're still a reasonably large issue. Still don't like the narrow width of the forum, but like your daddy's Seahawks, you get used to it over time.

Would like to see the "Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ] link at the bottom turn into a button. It's odd and it's easier to hit the Post Reply button instead. That may be just me, but it gets annoying at times.

Would love to see the stadium background frozen in place even when you scroll down. Not sure that's workable though, as Twitter and some other sites are the same way, and it may be inherent in the coding of the site. Still, it'd be a small upgrade that would provide a major visual improvement.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Galen96":3alcyeq3 said:
I can honestly say I'm not a big fan.. mostly of the logo. :?

The title image? Something about it I don't really like either. Maybe part of it is that the lettering looks too plain to me, or too cutesy. I voted for one of the other images.

I've also never really been a fan of the dark background with light text. It annoys my eyes and makes things difficult to read imo. But I have a browser add-on that inverts the colors of this website and makes it much better for me.

Finally, it seems a little difficult to see which threads you've posted in. The only way to tell appears to be a three pixel dot to the right of the thread icon (what is that anyway, a tulip or a book?). It would be nice if "subscribed" threads were differentiated more significantly.

Edit: I see the icon was already mentioned

Ruminator

Reaction score
The Outfield":12viccme said:
Galen96":12viccme said:

The title image? Something about it I don't really like either. Maybe part of it is that the lettering looks too plain to me, or too cutesy. I voted for one of the other images.

I've also never really been a fan of the dark background with light text. It annoys my eyes and makes things difficult to read imo. But I have a browser add-on that inverts the colors of this website and makes it much better for me.

SEAHAWKS.NET needs to be green glow outline around black letters; Seattle skyline could be a fainter/thinner green glow. Keep the wicked hawk talons and eye for the "W" of course.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Ruminator":32v8cmvz said:
The Outfield":32v8cmvz said:
Galen96":32v8cmvz said:

SEAHAWKS.NET needs to be green glow outline around black letters; Seattle skyline could be a fainter/thinner green glow. Keep the wicked hawk talons and eye for the "W" of course.

Definitely agree with the wicked hawk eye and talons. That is the best thing it has going for it imo.

Cartire

Reaction score
The Outfield":3u219i4d said:
Ruminator":3u219i4d said:
The Outfield":3u219i4d said:
Galen96":3u219i4d said:

Definitely agree with the wicked hawk eye and talons. That is the best thing it has going for it imo.

You guys are insane but entitled to your opinions.

Love it the way it is.

kearly

Reaction score
Could really use an "edit" button on PMs that get sent out, which was a feature on the previous version.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is now a Championship site, to go along with a Championship team.

You KNOW other team's fans are envious of everything Seahawks now. :snack:

253hawk

Reaction score
My only major complaint is still the narrowness. I can fit the website across my monitor 3 times comfortably; reading posts is almost like a haiku.

Minor complaint: Save draft-Preview-Submit should be Submit-Preview-Save draft. Left-to-right priorities. It's like having a Cancel - OK prompt instead of OK - Cancel.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree on the width of the post/thread section...I would suggest increasing that 150px both directions at the very least. Most of us are on high resolution monitors.

The font bothers me still. Not a fan. I prefer cleaner-looking fonts like Arial, Helvetica, et al, but admittedly that could be just me.

I actually like the new logo a lot. And that's saying a lot being a graphic designer by profession AND the person who created the logo up to this new era. It's stylish, clean and creative. Trust me, I know first hand you can't please everyone as we all have our own tastes for what appeases us visually.

I think I agree on the background being static as you scroll. That might be cool actually even though it's an age-old concept.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":34ccnhre said:
I agree on the width of the post/thread section...I would suggest increasing that 150px both directions at the very least. Most of us are on high resolution monitors.
The current site width fits 1024X768 monitors. Monitors running that resolution were commonplace 15 years ago.

Keeping the very narrow width to prevent a small number of mobile users from having to pinch-zoom when they load pages on a phone seems nowhere near worth the trade-off of the vast majority of the site's users having to scroll down pages significantly more due to the average post length taking up much more vertical space than need be, IMO.

:229031_shrug:

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":28wngdfc said:
Aros":28wngdfc said:
The current site width fits 1024X768 monitors. Monitors running that resolution were commonplace 15 years ago.

Keeping the very narrow width to prevent a small number of mobile users from having to pinch-zoom when they load pages on a phone seems nowhere near worth the trade-off of the vast majority of the site's users having to scroll down pages significantly more due to the average post length taking up much more vertical space than need be, IMO.

:229031_shrug:

I run a 1920x1200 monitor, and allthough its skinny, its not bothersome at all to me.

I also use it on the ipad, where it fits perfectly. I wouldnt underestimate the mobile users. They will only continue to grow as tablets become more common place.