Percy Harvin Interview on John Clayton

suppaball

Reaction score
Good stuff I like how he name drops the other receivers before he says anything about himself when asked about how good the O can be.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
For most Hawk fans....character is not an issue with Percy. He sounds very team orientated to me.
Most of us would like to see him handle the ball at least three times a quarter.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I heard it on the treadmill. He sounds ready and 100 percent healthy. He wants to do some damage on offense and answer the questions from last year.

It is like the trade happened THIS year and we will finally get to see Harvin against those division teams he didn't play against last year. This will be a tremendous impact to this team.

Landhawk1

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice at about the 4:45 mark that when PH was talking about Paul Richardson he said (I'm paraphrasing here)....."hopefully Richardson will get his shoulder fixed real soon". You had to listen close as he kept right on going and JC didn't say anything in response to that. I wonder if Harvin knows that Richardson will have to get something done to "fix" his shoulder or if he really meant "heal". PR's shoulder has been banged up twice so far in practices and I just hope it isn't a serious thing. I want to see all these guys stay healthy so we'll be able to use their speed to our advantage. Has anyone heard anything about Richardson having a serious shoulder injury? I sure hope not....Go Hawks!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Landhawk1":jkbn2zb6 said:
Did anyone else notice at about the 4:45 mark that when PH was talking about Paul Richardson he said (I'm paraphrasing here)....."hopefully Richardson will get his shoulder fixed real soon". You had to listen close as he kept right on going and JC didn't say anything in response to that. I wonder if Harvin knows that Richardson will have to get something done to "fix" his shoulder or if he really meant "heal". PR's shoulder has been banged up twice so far in practices and I just hope it isn't a serious thing. I want to see all these guys stay healthy so we'll be able to use their speed to our advantage. Has anyone heard anything about Richardson having a serious shoulder injury? I sure hope not....Go Hawks!

Pete's said only a week ago or so that if there was an actual game Richardson could have played in it. I took Harvin's meaning as he hopes that Richardson can get on the practice field soon, so if that's what he meant then it couldn't be a serious injury. Until there's more news, I wouldn't fret over it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Man I can't wait... Dude sounds ready to kill it. After reading that long post (forget who posted it) about his competitiveness in HS track and field and smoking a future Olympian, I know he's going to feel like he has so much to prove.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I dont care about interviews, I care about what he does on the field and in 2013 it was nothing.

He was the most overrated player in the nfl when he was in minny and he continued it last year.

Out of 19 seahawks games he only played 3, and he was only good in one of those games and it came in garbage time when the game was already out of reach (victory was sealed in 1st half).

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
bjornanderson21":10zk0zcp said:
I dont care about interviews, I care about what he does on the field and in 2013 it was nothing.

He was the most overrated player in the nfl when he was in minny and he continued it last year.

Out of 19 seahawks games he only played 3, and he was only good in one of those games and it came in garbage time when the game was already out of reach (victory was sealed in 1st half).
The fly sweeps in the first half were in 'garbage time?' The KO return for a TD was the first play of the second half.... How was that 'garbage time?' I wouldn't call a nail-in-the-coffin play with 30min left 'garbage time.' John Fox still had hope before that play happened.

It would be cool if the anti-Harvin posts had some measure of objectivity, but it seems they are heavy with hyperbole, and as such, must be dismissed with a heavy *sigh*

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":m80brnyf said:

I swear you're trying to challenge Tokadub or something with your posts

253hawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":306rvrix said:

I dunno how a guy is overrated when he's rehabbing a pretty serious injury for a majority of the season.

His plays extended drives that helped set up 2 TD's in the Vikings game and his lining up in the slot in the Saints divisional game pulled Harper so far over from his safety position that Lynch was able to brush past him for the first TD.

Victory sealed in the first half with a measly 22 points? Did the Oilers think that in '93 when they were up 35-3 in the 3rd quarter going up against Buffalo's backup QB and RB?

You obviously don't know squat about football. Just do everyone a favor and stop posting.

hawks509

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1whctqv2 said:

Worst anti-player post ever. Easily. First off no victory is ever sealed in the first half, especially in playoffs. Also, every play he was on the field, no matter if he even touched the ball, he stretched the D a ton. He opens everything up. Please actually watch the player you intend to hate on before actually trying to hate.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1jhdnryu said:
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
bjornanderson21":1jhdnryu said:

The fly sweeps in the first half were in 'garbage time?' The KO return for a TD was the first play of the second half.... How was that 'garbage time?' I wouldn't call a nail-in-the-coffin play with 30min left 'garbage time.' John Fox still had hope before that play happened.

It would be cool if the anti-Harvin posts had some measure of objectivity, but it seems they are heavy with hyperbole, and as such, must be dismissed with a heavy *sigh*

Harvin put the nail in the coffin. And those fly sweeps were huge plays that led to the first points being put on the board.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3ucren28 said:

Are you cereal?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3a4mgsah said:

And you guys thought I was negative................

HawkWow

Reaction score
ON the field, few can match what Harvin brings. IF we can get 25-30 games out of him over the next 2 years, I will feel we finally one-upped the Vikes. When we signed him, not knowing he would elect to have surgery, I felt we had a chance to go undefeated last year. In hind-sight, I don't think that was improbable. This year will be tougher and we will learn a lot in week 1, but IF Carp (etc) gets it together and the line actually pass blocks, I will again feel going *14-0 is doable.

* I say 14-0 because if we are 14-0, those last 2 games may not be significant enough to have RW etc playing 4 qtr games...so anything can happen. Record aside, I will still feel like it was an undefeated season (upon winning 49).

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3t3ce17p said:
bjornanderson21":3t3ce17p said:

I swear you're trying to challenge Tokadub or something with your posts
I've drawn that same parallel more than once, LOL!

HawkWow

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1gid8ycv said:

It would be hard to argue with anything you've said here, other than your second sentence.

Harvin was on pace for NFL MVP honors in 2012. His average catch was at the line of scrimmage, he turned all of those into 10 yd gains. I've been critical of the way Harvin's conducted himself as a professional, and even as a man, but there is no denying his greatness with a football in his hands...and that is why I've followed him since his soph year at Florida.

I like the fact he's not a superstar on this team. I also like the fact we dominated in 2013 without him. Those 2 things, I hope, should keep Harvin's head out of his a** and in the game.

Oh...how many feel Harvin's TD in 48 really impacted the outcome of the game? It was a thing of beauty for sure, but had he fumbled at the 12 and the Donks returned it for 6, we still win going away. We were not to be denied on that day. It's easy to pot shot a post or poster, so post below if you feel we lose that game without Percy Harvin, even though I feel he deserved mention in MVP talks.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2xm4vbxl said:
bjornanderson21":2xm4vbxl said:

Are you cereal?
I have theory. Tokadub is a frustrated Niner fan, and Bjorn logically fits the mold of a bitter Vikings fan. Could be one person who's a fan of both teams.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I will; however, agree with Earl when he says Percy needs to learn how to fall. I thought Sidney slamming his shoulder into the turf like a sledge hammer had somthing to do with his length, but now Percy? Is this a Minnesota WR thang? Burleson was reckless in that manner as well.