Richardson and Harvin

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I am Sure it has been posted before but the thought of these two on the Field at the same time is going put the fear of God in teams with Lynch or Michael in the backfield. Bevell must feel like a kid in the candy shop. Good luck to opposing teams stopping this offense. :mrgreen:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Our schedule looks a ton harder than last year's (although things change....Atlanta was a tough game on paper in the preseason), yet I think we can hit the same record and maybe improve it if:

Harvin can stay on the field. Thing is, I can see this happening. We can use him so many ways, but we have Baldwin, Kearse, Miller, maybe Rice, and Lynch that will get the ball. We won't have to use him like Minny used him; getting him 10 touches a game at the LOS and in the middle of the field where he's going to take shots from larger athletes (even then he wasn't hurt from contact, it was an ankle that sidelined him).

Richardson pans out league average for a rookie. League average for him is going to be huge as he specializes in catching the long ball and we like to throw it deep. That's going to create a lot of stress on a defense. I see us having PR on one side of the field and PH on the other. Baldwin and maybe a TE or Kearse underneath.

Willson improves. There were times Miller broke open, but he broke open a second too late as the pass rush already got to Wilson and at least caused him to pull the ball down and reset. Willson is faster and should get open against LBers and even safeties more quickly than Miller does. He doesn't have to improve a lot really, and it's more in the run game than the pass game. He WILL be better in the pass game due to experience and chemistry with Wilson.

Kearse improves. This gives us a dangerous 4th weapon. It also gives us a different look as we can go 4 wide with a single set back, and most of the WRs on the field block well...it's a tough set to cover for passing and we could run well out of it as well.

Lockette improves. From what I've read from OTA's, Lockette is looking pretty good. He's also damned good on ST; combined with Lane our ST's will be lights out again this year. This really only imrpoves depth, but it allows us to rotate our WR corps like our DL does, keeping guys healthy and defenses guessing. It's really hard to have to watch tape and prepare for 4-5 WRs, but this is what I realistically expect to see next year from us.

Lynch stays the same. We really only need the same production and consistency from him. If he plays in every game, it's going to be tough sledding against us again. Add in our backups and we really could be anything we want to on offense. If our OL improves it's run blocking, we can literally bludgeon teams start to finish. With our outside speed, we can kill teams over the top with PA. With our depth, we can spread the field and cause instant mismatches.

Anthony!

Reaction score
I would not overlook Norwood, every indication is he is going to be a beast, runs perfect routes, is big and strong, catches everything, and is fast enough, oh and catches in traffic.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Norwood. All he needs is targets. Plug and play. I would have been just as happy had we used our 2nd on him. Love Kearse, but with his contract looming, he better not miss a beat or will have trouble fending this kid off.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Should I make my feeling about Norwood be known? I think this is the right time for me to say Norwood is gonna be the reason Rice won't make the squad.

HawkWow

Reaction score
No question. I'd keep Norwood even over a healthy Rice. And that's not a knock on Rice. Age / money / upside all favor Norwood. He will be our #4 guy, I'd bank on it. This year's Luke Willson.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I like the idea of these guys on the field together as well. But I don't think Big Russ can handle another season of pinball in the backfield. This team will live and die by the offensive line. Hopefully the depth is better this year.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm of Norwegian decent, and Norwood's talent for the clutch play gives me Norwood.

I hope I did you proud, Largent80.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kearly":ucxiwd5n said:
I'm of Norwegian decent, and Norwood's talent for the clutch play gives me Norwood.

I see what you did there.....I think :0190l:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
HawkWow":2cj9bups said:
Norwood. All he needs is targets. Plug and play. I would have been just as happy had we used our 2nd on him. Love Kearse, but with his contract looming, he better not miss a beat or will have trouble fending this kid off.
I see Norwood as Kearse's eventual replacement. We won't be able to pay Kearse IMO and I think Norwood is an upgraded version of Kearse in any case (bigger, faster). I'm really looking forward to seeing him play this preseason.

43to8

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1h0xn7y1 said:
I am Sure it has been posted before but the thought of these two on the Field at the same time is going put the fear of God in teams with Lynch or Michael in the backfield. Bevell must feel like in the candy shop. Good luck to opposing teams stopping this offense. :mrgreen:

I'm psyched to watch our offense this season with its new additions and updates. The addition of Paul Richardson has me reflecting on my free agency fantasies of signing LeSean McCoy and creating an offensive powerhouse alongside our defensive one. I see now that there are other ways of doing so, and these new combinations will be a sight to behold. Let's just hope Harvin stays injury-free! The repeat is so close I can smell it!
- :49ersmall: 43to8

43to8

Reaction score
Our receiver versatility is going to play a major factor in getting a repeat this season. We have so many great options!

43to8

Reaction score
The most exciting part about this season is that every game we play will be a mini Super Bowl. Hopefully we'll do as well in our mini Super Bowls as we did in our full sized one.

DirtyDave

Reaction score
CANHawk":32uk4hwe said:
kearly":32uk4hwe said:

Skol!

My Dad use to say that back in the day.. SKOL! .. thanks for the flashback in time..

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
43to8":cpjx4i8z said:
The most exciting part about this season is that every game we play will be a mini Super Bowl. Hopefully we'll do as well in our mini Super Bowls as we did in our full sized one.

When the Hawks pull into town......every other NFL team will consider it their "Super Bowl"!

Subzero717

Reaction score
jlwaters1":fxg9gqp3 said:
HawkWow":fxg9gqp3 said:
I see Norwood as Kearse's eventual replacement. We won't be able to pay Kearse IMO and I think Norwood is an upgraded version of Kearse in any case (bigger, faster). I'm really looking forward to seeing him play this preseason.
Not that they mean a heck of a lot but Kearse is 6th on the depth chart that I saw. Norwood was 5. P Rich 4, Percy 3, Rice 2 and the kid with the Angry face was #1.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2wxdrc1w said:
43to8":2wxdrc1w said:

When the Hawks pull into town......every other NFL team will consider it their "Super Bowl"!
This is true. Our Super Bowl will be Super Bowl Sunday

TXHawk

Reaction score
I agree with most of the points but I'd add that the OL needs to be healthier and more consistent this year for the offense to take the next step. They don't necessarily have to be great; even league average would be a big improvement and would open up a lot of options for the Hawks on offense.