You know what *I* like most about our new receivers?

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
That they go up against the LOB every day at practice!!!

I would like to think that it takes an average rookie and makes him a bit above average and ready to compete in the NFL.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Well, if they make it I think it shows something. Guys will either exell or go away (Harper, Durham). Trial by fire, many will fail.

HawkWow

Reaction score
No doubt. The LOB turns no name WRs into superbowl superstars. Make no mistake, there was a time when Kearse and Baldwin actually were "pedestrian". Their success is a combination of effort, coaching and competition (LOB) and why I am peeing myself over Kevin Norwood. He's way better, more ready than either Kearse or ADB was when they first joined the team.

billio155

Reaction score
I'm going to disagree. A successful offense is predicated on creating rhythm. Offense is about timing. If you are practicing against the best defense in NFL everyday I don't see how you create the timing needed to be élite. Think about it, were the Giants better the week after we played them? Do you think the beat down we gave Denver made them better? Ive always thought our offense suffered from practicing against our defense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
billio155":besg9wio said:
I'm going to disagree. A successful offense is predicated on creating rhythm. Offense is about timing. If you are practicing against the best defense in NFL everyday I don't see how you create the timing needed to be élite. Think about it, were the Giants better the week after we played them? Do you think the beat down we gave Denver made them better? Ive always thought our offense suffered from practicing against our defense.
NO, and Denver's "Elite" Receivers didn't work out against the Seahawks Defensive Secondary, so when the time came to play them for all the marbles, they're skillsets weren't honed enough to compete.
As far as rhythm goes, you have to learn how to play through the constant disruptions, to get anything positive going.
Finding a rhythm is an over-rated facet, and kind of a misnomer.

seanutz

Reaction score
HawkWow":r82w3pex said:
No doubt. The LOB turns no name WRs into superbowl superstars. Make no mistake, there was a time when Kearse and Baldwin actually were "pedestrian". Their success is a combination of effort, coaching and competition (LOB) and why I am peeing myself over Kevin Norwood. He's way better, more ready than either Kearse or ADB was when they first joined the team.
:13: I'm so stocked on Norwood as well, he's going to be a beast.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
billio155":p3944ioa said:

All of our vet WRs, to a man, say that playing against the LOB makes them better. Disagree with that. ;)

How about this reasoning... you have to know how to overcome it when an opposing D manages to successfully disrupt your timing.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It does make them better, this goes back to when PC was coaching @ USC the players frequently said that practice was tougher than the games, which make them so formidable for a decade.
Amazingly enough (who would ever thought) that after several years seahawks players would be saying the same things. Over the last 2 years I've heard players say exactly that that practice is tougher than games, which if you going up against the LOB than games should be a cakewalk. I'M super stoked for Norwood and RICHARDSON, I think there progress will be accelerated by going up against the best day in and day out