Michael Bennett Show

hawknation2014

Reaction score
They're just like everyone else letting off some steam by looking for things to complain about in their situation. Players making millions of dollars a year are more highly scrutinized than the average person. It's part of the cult of celebrity.

Society creates models that it proceeds to both worship and scrutinize. This scrutiny does put a lot of undue stress on the celebrity, but it would be hard to say that stress is more onerous than the aggregate of the average worker's problems-- most of whom struggle to make ends meet while doing a job they hate. Can you really blame them for living vicariously through someone who gets paid millions to work out and play football?

This is also an example where you wish people would have more appreciation for the lives they have, or at least more perspective while looking down at the common fan from their ivory tower. If all people did was "watch" celebrities, we wouldn't last very long in this world, much less have the money to watch your games or buy your merchandise.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Pretty dope actually, let them talk about real stuff. Different kind of platforms though, RRR was more comedic, this is more of a real talk session with your boys.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
That was awesome. I don't even care if it was a bit of a bitch session, it was real talk. Just players playing poker and shooting the shit. Yeah they make millions, but they're people like the rest of us. They want to be able to speak their mind on issues they want to talk about, regardless of their status. They mentioned being scrutinized by the public and viewed under a magnifying glass. Shit, I felt a similar way when playing in HIGH SCHOOL, you know. That stuff isn't reserved for million dollar athletes. I bet they had these same issues in college, too, where they weren't making a paycheck and still had to go through the media mis-quotes and higher than reasonable expectations. They have to deal with it all, because there is huge salary that goes with playing in the Pros, but it doesn't mean they have to like it.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":s82ikmyd said:
That was awesome. I don't even care if it was a bit of a bitch session, it was real talk. Just players playing poker and shooting the shit. Yeah they make millions, but they're people like the rest of us. They want to be able to speak their mind on issues they want to talk about, regardless of their status. They mentioned being scrutinized by the public and viewed under a magnifying glass. Shit, I felt a similar way when playing in HIGH SCHOOL, you know. That stuff isn't reserved for million dollar athletes. I bet they had these same issues in college, too, where they weren't making a paycheck and still had to go through the media mis-quotes and higher than reasonable expectations. They have to deal with it all, because there is huge salary that goes with playing in the Pros, but it doesn't mean they have to like it.

Well thats debatable.... but I guess Mike Bennett played at A&M before they were in the SEC :)

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think it's actually a very interesting conversation about media manipulation--both in terms of what celebrities (in this case, NFL players) feel they can or can't discuss, and with regards to the way the media "massages" what we actually get to read/hear/see.

McGruff

Reaction score
I thought it was really cool . . . and the right group of guys to pull it off. Except I couldn't figure out who the small guy is . . .

Bennett and Moffitt are both sideways thinkers. Philosophical, outside the box, deep readers who are deeply passionate about what they believe. Williams brings a different perspective just by not being American (although most of this clip he was the toddler in the group . . . seen but not heard).

Its a different side of the NFL. Not just a bunch of dumb jocks or pranksters or uptight PC press pushers.

Onyx

Reaction score
McGruff":2h8tah7x said:
I thought it was really cool . . . and the right group of guys to pull it off. Except I couldn't figure out who the small guy is . . .

Steve the Producer from the Bj Shea show on KISW.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2dv77myd said:
Recon_Hawk":2dv77myd said:

Well thats debatable.... but I guess Mike Bennett played at A&M before they were in the SEC :)
:lol: touché

lukerguy

Reaction score
The first video seemed forced, but the sex scene one seemed funnier.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
McGruff":3irkxhl4 said:

Bennett and Moffitt are both sideways thinkers. Philosophical, outside the box, deep readers who are deeply passionate about what they believe. Williams brings a different perspective just by not being American (although most of this clip he was the toddler in the group . . . seen but not heard).

Its a different side of the NFL. Not just a bunch of dumb jocks or pranksters or uptight PC press pushers.

Ha! The "small guy" you're referring to is Cliff Avril. ;)

I appreciated the segment. The only comparison to the RRR is that it is video of NFL guys talking unscripted while not playing football. Otherwise, different format, tone, and focus.

The Bennett brothers are two of the most broadly-intelligent men in the NFL. They are well-versed in a vast amount of topics, and quick witted to boot. Martellus's interview from media row before the Super Bowl was one of my favorite interviews of a player all time!

HawkWow

Reaction score
My bro just watched Bennett get interviewed by some local sports guy, who is a hardcore 9er fan, up at St. Louis HS (Oahu). Typical boring ass questions highlighted by 1..."Who is the hardest QB in the NFL to defend"? Bennett answered "Wilson" followed by "he won the SB". Then the dufus reporter said "let me clarify..I meant QBs you play against...like Kaepernick". And Bennett said "no way, I don't like those guys".

My bro spoke with Bennett briefly and he said Jessie Williams and Sherm (+ Manti Teo and Martellus) will be attending the camp on Sunday and he believes Lynch will be there as well. I'd go over if I could but have a wedding to attend and friends in from the mainland. And that sux. lol.