Seahawks get Super Bowl rings today?!

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
My son just sent me a text. Looking for the info now.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... ses-today/

June 19, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Thursday links: Mini-camp closes today
Posted by Bob Condotta

The Seahawks will close mini-camp today and also get their Super Bowl rings, in what will be a private event. Then they will be excused for the summer, off until training camp begins in late July (official dates have not been released on that yet but all teams will start in the last week or so of July).

We’ll have our usual coverage of today’s mini-camp practice today afterward.

It would be hard for today’s workout to be more intense (entertaining?) than yesterday’s, which in case you missed it, included some fisticuffs.

Safety Earl Thomas was a guest on KJR-AM 950 this morning, and while well-prodded by host Mitch Levy, didn’t give up a whole lot else about the fracas.

Thomas said the fight was “real as fire” but that “nobody was at fault” other than a joking reference to linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr. as always being “the instigator.”

Thomas said all is good with everyone and that the fight was a good reminder that while feelings can get heated at practice, everyone is ultimately pulling for the same goal.

“We understand we are after the same goal,” he said. “But that doesnt stop us from going at each other’s neck sometimes.”

As detailed in our coverage, the fight stemmed from the offense’s initial irritation at what it felt was some overly physical play from the defense, which came to a head when Bryan Walters hurt his shoulder while making a diving catch while under heavy coverage from Thomas.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I fully expect that social media will be buzzing with images of the rings shortly after they are received today

OP
OP
D

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
I made a post on Facebook to reward the first person to text me a picture of the new rings by sending them $10.00 via PayPal and the last 10 minutes have had five people send me the 05 NFC Championship ring. Ugh!

suppaball

Reaction score
What no pics leaked out yet? And I thought this was the age of instant gratification.

253hawk

Reaction score
They just ended practice...probably doing the ceremony right now.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
In before someone in the press accuses Marshawn of simply showing up to get his ring!

sc85sis

Reaction score
Both Pete and Russ made reference to getting their rings tonight during their press conferences after practice today.

Guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

OrFan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":30i389f0 said:
SoulfishHawk":30i389f0 said:
How many Santa Clara players are getting their rings? oops..........
Hey now, they had a ring ceremony...............20 years ago.
:49ersmall:

Very true. It sounds better if you say, "two decades ago," though.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 1m
Michael Robinson, back in town for ring ceremony tonight, stopped by media room and talked to a few of us.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
wish there was more info about the ring thing. they keep referring to it as a 'ring ceremony' tonight, but it would be great to know when and if there will be any live coverage, etc.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2vs12rgu said:
wish there was more info about the ring thing. they keep referring to it as a 'ring ceremony' tonight, but it would be great to know when and if there will be any live coverage, etc.
It's going on now at the EMP