hawks HQ getting a bit cheap with their success.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
We sign our daughter up for the kids club every year. This year they went from a credit-card type plastic membership card to a flimsy cardboard one you just punch out of the back of the calendar. On top of that, kids club members formerly got invites to the seahawks family fest with free admission. This year you have to pay on top of already paying the kids club fee.

You'd think with the jack in ticket prices they wouldn't be cutting corners after a championship season.

Anyhow just observations, I don't really care too much. My ticket prices went up about 18% and I was fine with that, just kind of a bummer to see corners cut in fan service after that. Especially on top of the insane amount of hawks merchandise that they must have sold this year, on top of the past couple years after changing uniforms adding a boat load of new jersey sales.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Now's the best time to maximize profit if you think about it. Where you gonna go now????? :D

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Hawknballs":18omme70 said:
We sign our daughter up for the kids club every year. This year they went from a credit-card type plastic membership card to a flimsy cardboard one you just punch out of the back of the calendar. On top of that, kids club members formerly got invites to the seahawks family fest with free admission. This year you have to pay on top of already paying the kids club fee.

You'd think with the jack in ticket prices they wouldn't be cutting corners after a championship season.

Anyhow just observations, I don't really care too much. My ticket prices went up about 18% and I was fine with that, just kind of a bummer to see corners cut in fan service after that. Especially on top of the insane amount of hawks merchandise that they must have sold this year, on top of the past couple years after changing uniforms adding a boat load of new jersey sales.
I want your life for one week where this is my biggest complaint, to the point where I deem it thread-worthy on .NET.

Seriously man. (smh)

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yes I'm sorry for not being more deep and conceptual and addressing more worldly issues on a football message board mid-offseason.

I totally apologize for saying something marginally questionable about the organization. I forgot that being critical in any sort of way was an overt offense to the forum.

Sounds like you've made a bigger issue out of it than I have with that kind of response. I was simply observing.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2xkuso30 said:
Yes I'm sorry for not being more deep and conceptual and addressing more worldly issues on a football message board mid-offseason.

I totally apologize for saying something marginally questionable about the organization. I forgot that being critical in any sort of way was an overt offense to the forum.

Sounds like you've made a bigger issue out of it than I have with that kind of response. I was simply observing.

Ignore him, his posts are an idiot.

On topic - that's the price of success I guess.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Send them a polite letter inquiring about the changes. Just point out that you were suprised and a bit disappointed, without going over the top about it.

Feedback matters.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I actually emailed to ask about the pricing change to the family thing because I wanted to make sure we got signed up but i didn't want to pay 50 dollars (two girls/kids club members) extra if I was missing something and they just replied with a very generic "There unfortunately is no free of charge invitation available this season." response.

Again I'm not trying to be a whiner, it's not a big deal to me and when the ticket prices were increased I came here and said no big deal, price of success - and it's good to hear that we are getting stadium upgrades.

I guess I was just surprised at some corner cutting, in the past the Seahawks events have always seemed top notch, I just hope it's not a pattern that continues.

hidn

Reaction score
My guess is the organization gives the kids club a budget to work in. Perhaps they added other things/made changes that were more costly and needed to cut some costs elsewhere to make their budget work for those things.

Business is all about providing more for the same or less money. The more you offer, the more valuable your product and the more business you get. Subsequently you make more money. From their standpoint the change from a plastic card to a cardboard one probably lost them 0 registrations which just means it is something that is easy to cut.

The Radish

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":33yi4qc6 said:
Hawknballs":33yi4qc6 said:

Ignore him, his posts are an idiot.

On topic - that's the price of success I guess.

Somersethawk please check your PMs

Radish

Jville

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3b0qfxms said:

I chalk it up to organization effects of hierarchy. Decision makers at the up top of a hierarchy can lose touch with individuals. Language and machinery can isolate us.

Many years ago I gave up on a Paul Allen venture ..... Charter Cable. I've been sending money elsewhere for 2 decades now .... all over a 90 cent connector. Charter's standard, one and only, outside cable connector routinely corroded at my location. And I, the customer, tired of going round and round over a solvable problem and accepting a temporary fix. To this day, I'm certain the management at Charter Cable has no idea why I gave up on them and have diverted so much money to a competitor.

:177692: Not that I can conceive of being driven off from the Seattle Seahawks. It would certainly take a lot more than a 90 cent part.

mikeak

Reaction score
The secondary issue is with success comes a lot of new people. So now they used to give something to say 500 kids for free and suddenly there are 2000 kids that wants in. Just saying things like that can make them charge. You could have hoped for some grandfather rule but that clearly didn't happen.

In regards to complaining about the OP post - funny how one has time to complain about the OP spending time writing a post.......

AgentDib

Reaction score
I agree with the previous comment that your feedback matters here, as It sounds like you would have been happy to pay for the marginal price difference between the two materials. They clearly did not put the same value on the card material that you do and that will not change unless they hear that from their customers.

The free family day passes are a much larger impact and without reviewing the kids club books I would hesitate to use it as an argument that they are cutting corners. The opportunity cost went up significantly this offseason and for all we know they could have taken a loss on them last season. There just may not be enough spots to go around if they gave them away for free this year, and raising the membership price to cover the true cost of the passes may have made them a worse option for many who would not have attended the family day.

I would also suggest that ticket prices this season should influence your argument in the opposite direction. Yes they are higher than last season, but the ticket face value still looks to be about 50% of what the actual value will be. Obviously this will not seem like a perk if you are using every ticket yourself but that consumer surplus is something that most businesses would attempt to capture with higher prices, stronger price discrimination, and much larger price deviations based on opponent.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Im tired of the price jacking too. I was irritated with the ticket gouging when a good portion are owned by brokers. Just as bad are the merchsndise hikes. It is what it is. Ive chosen not to buy.

seanoob

Reaction score
I have to say that the kids club has been awesome for us. Getting to take pictures with the lombardi trophy was worth the year long membership fee. It is our first year, so maybe there have been a lot more perks in years past.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
You guys do realize that this is exactly how big business works, right? Have you paid attention to the business models of companies like Amazon & Netflix? They start out giving great service to their consumers in an effort to gain market share and brand name recognition. But once they firmly staked their place in the market and had the demand for their services that they wanted, that was when they started to increase prices and lessen the bang for the consumers buck. It sucks. But it's just the way free market capitalism works.

Just because you are in love with the Seattle Seahawks and consider them close family, it doesn't mean it works that way on the other end. Sure, they'll play up the fans and community and all that. And to a certain extent, it's true. But don't be fooled. At the end of the day, 6 ways to Sunday, this is a business. Plain and simple. Don't underestimate that. You are a consumer. Not a fan. And most certainly, not family.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SeaTown81":at348ybu said:
You guys do realize that this is exactly how big business works, right? Have you paid attention to the business models of companies like Amazon & Netflix? Once they firmly staked their place in the market and had the demand for their services that they wanted, that was when they started to increase prices and lessen the bang for the consumers buck. It sucks. But it's just the way free market capitalism works.

Just because you are in love with the Seattle Seahawks and consider them close family, it doesn't mean it works that way on the other end. Sure, they'll play up the fans and community and all that. And to a certain extent, it's true. But don't be fooled. At the end of the day, 6 ways to Sunday, this is a business. Plain and simple. Don't underestimate that. You are a consumer. Not a fan.

Very true...which is why I see more of the thursday night football game idea pushed to CBS and NFLN so they can draw you in and get ADDICTED. Then they cut you off and put the show on PAy PEr VIEw. :mrgreen:

dutchman063

Reaction score
Its all about capitalism and the almighty dollar, and the bigger they become the more they cut corners