New-Look Seahawks Offense

ivotuk

Reaction score
"May Be NFL's Best Heading into 2014 Season"

Very good article about Seattle's offense.

"In 2013, Lynch averaged just 4.2 yards per carry, but he did that behind a depleted offensive line in the toughest division to run in the NFL. He also set a career high in receiving yards and scored 14 regular-season touchdowns. In the playoffs, he averaged 4.4 yards per carry and scored four touchdowns despite a brief performance in a Super Bowl blowout that didn't require him to produce much.

Lynch is known for his power and violent running style. According to Pro Football Focus (subscription required), 956 of his 1,550 total yards came after contact in 2013. Furthermore, he broke the most tackles on running plays among NFL ball-carriers by a substantial margin."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2081 ... 014-season

kearly

Reaction score
They probably won't lead the league in scoring and definitely won't lead the league in yards, but they have a great chance to finish #1 in offensive DVOA if the OL stays healthy and finally plays up to their ability level.

The Seahawks OL has two first rounders and two seconds, and the fifth guy is JR Sweezy who is well on his way to being an above average guard.

I think if the OL plays up to its potential and they can manage a league-average fullback from Coleman/Small, and Harvin is reasonably healthy, then a top offense is definitely in reach IMO.

Dreo

Reaction score
I'm thinking that the TE corps will be under the radar and will be great contributors towards a Top 5 Offense this season.

Less TE blocking required (hopefully) so Miller can be available in the open more frequently. Willson blooming, McCoy back.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Certainly has the potential to be the NFL's best offense.

1. Another year under Russell's belt

2. A more stable offensive line with the core members gaining cohesion and chemistry.

3. Three top tier RB's that can all carry the load.

4. A Healthy Harvin

5. A potentially deeper WR corp with a great mix of speed, quickness, smarts, length and size.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1nrj60fr said:
Certainly has the potential to be the NFL's best offense.

1. Another year under Russell's belt

2. A more stable offensive line with the core members gaining cohesion and chemistry.

3. Three top tier RB's that can all carry the load.

4. A Healthy Harvin

5. A potentially deeper WR corp with a great mix of speed, quickness, smarts, length and size.
Agree with all of the above reasons. #1 offense is possible but for that to happen we definitely need a healthy Percy.

Brahn

Reaction score
scutterhawk":vl9s1hjk said:
The 2014 Seahawks = EXPLOSION! :vodka:

I agree last year we heard the Boom in full force, this season we shall feel the Shockwave that follows.

Jville

Reaction score
It is a good presentation. Thanks for sharing and posting.

The more perspectives we enjoy ....... the richer this community becomes.

Tundra

Reaction score
Brahn":2iuce7cd said:
scutterhawk":2iuce7cd said:
The 2014 Seahawks = EXPLOSION! :vodka:

I agree last year we heard the Boom in full force, this season we shall feel the Shockwave that follows.
Last year we got the Shock, this year we get the Awe!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Even when Okung was healthy he struggled with speed rushers from the out side. He isn't quick to move latterly. I hope that Russell Wilson will have a healthy Harvin waiting in the flat to help Okung out.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
I think having Harvin in the backfield is going to open things up for the beast too.
Teams have been stuffing up the middle to stop Marshawn. Now they are going to have think about the outside too!

Smellyman

Reaction score
brimsalabim":289w4iud said:
Even when Okung was healthy he struggled with speed rushers from the out side. He isn't quick to move latterly. I hope that Russell Wilson will have a healthy Harvin waiting in the flat to help Okung out.

he was only healthy for week 1

brimsalabim

Reaction score
never the less Okung will still struggle against speed rushing DE's like Quinn and last season's RT Breno couldn't slow down Long either. It would be nice for Russell to be able to throw the screen to Harvin to help negate this pursuit. Our "new look offense" needs to incorporate this element most of all.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Who cares what pissco thinks? And, I don't read bleacher report "articles", they are generally uneducated pap. Even if I agree with them, I still don't read 'em!

Sherminator

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are overlooking the Saints.
If Payton can manage to get a running game going, some type of consistency with that O-line, and Brees with more targets they might surprise a lot of people.
On paper they look incredible

Brees as your QB throwing to Graham, Colston, Stills, Cooks (if he is used the same way he was as OSU), Meachem, and Ben Watson? Not to mention they just added a Red Zone target in Brandon Coleman (dude is 6'6 and on average during his collegiate career got a TD every 5 receptions)
Couple that with the addition of Ben Grubbs as LG and a couple O-lineman returing from injures they might do pretty well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
To be honest, I think what opposing teams that are based on the passing game need to do is abandon their normal "plan" much sooner and play backyard football against us.

...Look at how Tampa Bay got up on us in our house last year. Running back throws a jump pass for a TD? Really? That still annoys me, haha; and we ended up winning that game in overtime.