Awesome article on Wilson

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yes it's Bleacher Report, Yes I've screened it to make sure it's a good BR article and not one written by an amateur blogger verbally pandering to his favorite team.

My favorite anecdote about Wilson's college career came from a member of the Wisconsin Badgers support staff. Following his arrival from North Carolina State, the coaching staff met to decide how much they were going to dumb down the playbook. Meanwhile, in the same time, Wilson had basically digested the entire thing.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2101 ... rogramming

mikeak

Reaction score
I enjoyed the article - thanks

I chuckled when I read the below -- "not a huge change" - seriously......

"This year, the Seahawks hope to have Harvin (and Sidney Rice) healthy and drafted a few young receivers in Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood to add to the mix. It's not a huge change, but the pieces are there for a big leap forward in support for Wilson. "

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Since his Pre-Season breakout, showing brilliance, and earning the job as the Seahawks starting Quarterback, Wilson has had to overcome faulty O-Line protection, injuries/sub-par play/false starts Etc., stacked boxes, sacks, extraordinary pressure, and opponents throwing everything they could at him, aimed stopping his development.
Most teams passed on him because they had the perception that although he might be athletic as hell, he was just too short to run with the big dogs, and I think it's his intelligence, and drive that had been overlooked.
I think that if the O-Line bucks up, and our TE's & Receivers "get it", I think we're going to see Wilsons numbers skyrocket.
I think a lot of Coaches around the League are done betting against him.
The only thing that worries me, is one or two Defensive players purposely doing a cheap shot on him, like they did with Hasselbeck.