Has it happened to you yet?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Has someone accused you of bandwagoning the Seahawks yet?

Finally had it happen to me today.. hot shot asked me to name 4 QB's from the last decade.

So I gave him 8. :lol:

Funny enough he's a Patriots fan and had some difficulty answering questions I had for him. Funny how that whole projecting thing works.

This is the best offseason ever. :th2thumbs:

Clayfighter

Reaction score
It has happened to me multiple times, but I live in CA close to 9er territory so I expect it. I usually tell them that I can show them my faded Hass jersey.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Yep, some asshat on Twitter who noticed my Richard Sherman jersey and asked where I was during the Kingdome blackouts in the 90s. I just laughed. Why waste time trying to provide my bona fides to some random clown?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I haven't been called a bandwagon fan, but mostly I am around people who have known me and my fandom is VERY obvious. I have had a few comments made insinuating that there are a lot of bandwagoners out there though. Can't really argue that point. I've seen more Seahawks stuff this past 6 months than I ever have in my life.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
yes but I guess by some definitions you could classify me as a bandwagon fan of sorts. I joined this site and began following the hawks becasue of Russell Wilson, JR Sweezy, and Steve Hauschka.

I've spent most of my life on the east coast but we did live outside of Seattle as a child when my father was stationed at Jim Creek. ;)

pmedic920

Reaction score
I get it a lot in Tx.
I wear gear all year long so that helps.
I am surprised that it hasn't seemed to happen more, post 48.
Either way I usually just say GoHawks.
"Left No Doubt" shirt is what's been getting the most comments.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
any 'bandwagon' conversation to me has become a non-issue

because

I watch the Superbowl and I see all those 12's in the stands making more noise than we've ever heard for a team in the superbowl

and I remember all of the sh*ttsburg fans in 2006.

and I couldn't care less if they decided they were seahawk fans 30 years ago, or in the second quarter of the game.

If you're gonna be loud for this team on game day, welcome to the wagon.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Heh, when I first joined this forum in 2006 I was accused of being a bandwagon fan by fellow hawks fans (this was old scout site) :D

As a little kid I remember opening a pack of football cards and getting Cortez Kennedy's rookie card, and our QB had a funny last name "Dave Krieg". I don't know why, but it was funny to me. I also remember wanting us to draft Drew Bledsoe, but we got some Notre Dame chump I never heard of.

warden

Reaction score
People know better

Most know that I was a Seahawk fan back in the days when it wasn't cool to be a Seahawk fan.

I have been to a game in the Kingdome (96 packers game) when things where throw at me for wearing Seahawk colors all game long. Three quarters of the crowd was green and gold. Cortez called that game the lowest point of his career. I literally saw people get beaten up because they wore Seahawk colors

I remember in my earlier days as Season ticket holder when I still lived in Canada, crossing the border at Blaine, The Border guard asking "what is the purpose of your trip?", I replied "to go to the Seahawks game". He said " wait here" he left and when he returned he was accompanied with a half dozen other border guards which had me thinking holly phuck, then he pointed and said "Seahawk fans" and the group of guards broke out laughing at us.

I have been doing road trips for years. Trust me this chit that the Seahawk fans travel well is just a recent thing, for years the only other people wearing Seahawk colors in the opposing stadiums wear the players families (which was cool for it was really easy to meet them)

See when I was a teenager in the seventies it was cool to be a Seahawk fan, it was also cool in the eighties, but it was not the in thing to do in the nineties.

I have always asked where did all the Seahawk fans go to in the nineties? They sure the he11 were not supporting the team. The lack of interest almost cost us our team. I can fully see this happening again if we struggled like we did in the nineties again. Most Seahawk fans today are band wagon fans and will disappear as soon as we struggle. But they will call themselves the ultimate best fan ever when things are going well. The Seahawk fans are not the best fans in the league, trust me they will disappear in the masses when the going gets tough.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
I get it alllllll the time. Then I whip out this photo. That's me all the way on the left.

Attachments

• IMG_26009877623506.jpeg
    IMG_26009877623506.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,968

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I thought his name was MudBone.

Either way, I am a bandwagon fan too.

I joined the bandwagon back when I was a kid and I got to see guys like Michael Sinclair and Rufus Porter play.

Still, I would have no problem with someone joining the bandwagon now. If you love football, you probably also love hard hitting defenses. The Seahawks play football the way it was meant to be played (though so do the 49ers, which is why I respect them but I have a hard time hating them) , the defense is stellar. Everything about this team is exceptional at the very things that most people watch football for in the first place.

They earned the admirers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Happened to me in Vegas by a suit that worked at the Cromwell (former Bill's, former Barbary coast), he was half joking, I was wearing my Richard Sherman jersey and he said "You JUST picked the right team!", I laughed and said yeah "Just 38 years ago", he then asked where I was from I said I was born in Seattle and live in Edmonds.

He was a pretty cool guy and said he was a Hawks fan who used to live in Seattle area and he has been seeing A LOT of folks wearing Hawks gear down there the past couple of years, and asked if I've been to Scooters Pub (the Hawks bar) during games, I said I had.

253hawk

Reaction score
warden":1wlizz12 said:
I have always asked where did all the Seahawk fans go to in the nineties? They sure the he11 were not supporting the team. The lack of interest almost cost us our team. I can fully see this happening again if we struggled like we did in the nineties again. Most Seahawk fans today are band wagon fans and will disappear as soon as we struggle. But they will call themselves the ultimate best fan ever when things are going well. The Seahawk fans are not the best fans in the league, trust me they will disappear in the masses when the going gets tough.

I didn't even mind when we were bad because we were still fun to watch, but I find it very, very, very difficult to feel supportive when management/ownership is completely inept and stupid. That goes for any sport.

Jville

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3j3m0wh0 said:
Yep, some asshat on Twitter who noticed my Richard Sherman jersey and asked where I was during the Kingdome blackouts in the 90s. I just laughed. Why waste time trying to provide my bona fides to some random clown?

No mystery to me who orchestrated Kingdome blackouts.
“He was not a nice guy,” von Reichbauer said. “He used us as a playground.
2022126187.jpg

"Ken Behring bought a Seahawks team that made the playoffs in 1988, but by 1996, his heavy-handed management style had failed and alienated the fan base."
2022132739.jpg

[urltargetblank]http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2022126162_seahawks27xml.html[/urltargetblank]

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I am confident and very comfortable in my fandom. People accusing of bandwagon doesn't mean shit. I love who I love and that's all I need.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I get it sometimes but it doesn't bother me all that much. It's usually some drunk idiot or some smug niner fan.