Jesse Wiliams -- 2013 knee injury and recovery insights

Jville

Reaction score
I've been curious about the knee problems of Jesse Williams since he went on IR last year. Saw this linked explanation yesterday. I thought some of you might also be interested. Big :th2thumbs: to Curtis Crabtree for providing this insight.

.... A lingering meniscus injury from college severely limited his effectiveness during the offseason and training camp. Williams suffered further injury to the knee during the preseason and landed on injured reserve.

Williams said he didn't have surgery to repair his knee. He traveled home to get orthokine injections in his knee, a treatment that wasn't available in the United States.

After an offseason of rehabilitation, Williams says he feels the best he has in years.

"Probably (since) before Alabama," Williams said. "Alabama was a tough gig for me. I feel a lot better now. I've lost close to 20 pounds now. It feels a lot better on my knee and running out there is a lot easier for me now."

He said he's down to 312-315 pounds and feels much better at that weight.

Williams said the issues with his knee definitely affected his ability to perform on the field last preseason.

"I was a lot, to be honest," Williams said. "I tried to tough it out as much as I could. Watching back on film from last year - even from rookie mini-camp to now - getting off the ball and pushing off my right leg is night and day for me to see."

Read more: [urltargetblank]http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/articles/seattle-seahawks-289737/seahawks-wrap-up-threeday-minicamp-july-12483012/#ixzz35CjenlCC[/urltargetblank]

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Really good to hear about our guys getting healthy again, amazing how medicine over seas is different and, at times, better than in the U.S.

Really looking forward to seeing our DL rotation this season.

grizbob

Reaction score
HawkHouse":3bdgbdge said:
Really good to hear about our guys getting healthy again, amazing how medicine over seas is different and, at times, better than in the U.S.

:13: But man at first glance that thread title gave me heart palpitations!!

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
grizbob":2xdbjc78 said:
HawkHouse":2xdbjc78 said:

:13: But man at first glance that thread title gave me heart palpitations!!

Good point ...... title edited to read ...... Jesse Wiliams -- 2013 knee injury and recovery insights

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
That's really good to hear. Hopefully he and Sid recover really well. Sounds like Jesse dominated with only one good knee while at Alabama. That's awesome, and it's very encouraging to think we might have him at full strength.

godawg

Reaction score
I asked my orthopedist about the treatment Sidney flew to Switzerland for. He's in Santa Barbara, and has been using that method for about a year now. There's a non-stop to SB from Seattle and I'd bet it's an easier flight than Geneva.

Subzero717

Reaction score
godawg":2de7a6c9 said:
I asked my orthopedist about the treatment Sidney flew to Switzerland for. He's in Santa Barbara, and has been using that method for about a year now. There's a non-stop to SB from Seattle and I'd bet it's an easier flight than Geneva.
and better weather.