Mayowa Articles

Jville

Reaction score
Now, after an offseason of conditioning designed to add pounds and muscle, Mayowa weighs 255. And, by all accounts, he has retained the speed and quickness off the edge that compelled the team to keep him in the first place.

“I needed to put that weight on and not just have speed, but look the part of a LEO defensive end,” Mayowa said. “I was looking at the people in front of me, and that’s what I wanted to look like.”

Said defensive coordinator Dan Quinn: “He had always shown some pass-rush stuff. But we knew for him to play all downs, he had to get bigger. And so that was one of the goals of the offseason. So for him to come back and have the added size and strength and still be moving well was going to be important, and that’s what I’ve seen.”
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

"Mayowa eager to play a bigger role with the Seahawks" >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/professional/latestseahawks/2279347-8/mayowa-eager-to-play-a-bigger-role-with[/urltargetblank]

kearly

Reaction score
Great news. Power was the one part of his game that sorely lacked last season, hopefully the time in the weight room pays off.

sutz

Reaction score
Mayowa is one of the guys we're counting on to step up and cover our off season losses to FA.

Sounds good so far. Hard to say much until the pads go on, though. Regardless of some opinions around the media and here, I think we're all rooting for him to excel.

:pray:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
In my limited knowledge and limited looks at Mayowa, it seemed like his pluses last year were a high motor, a nice outside rush, and a developing ability to dip his shoulder and get inside that looked like he could work on it to get consistent with it. His minuses were being pushed around and no really developed moves beyond speed. Is that about right?

Jville

Reaction score
:hmmmm: I wonder if Richard Dent and Pete Carroll ever had that discussion .... about other moves and technique.

lukerguy

Reaction score
He's going to take C.Mcdonald's inside pass rush role.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
lukerguy":2hneiyvy said:
He's going to take C.Mcdonald's inside pass rush role.

I doubt that. 2 completely different players. Mayowa's a Leo, McDonald was a 3-tech inside guy. Mayowa is much more of a Clemmons replacement and might find himself as an outside pass rusher in nickel situations.

kobebryant

Reaction score
His height/weight is fairly similar to Clemons; and I believe that for the most part his workout numbers were better than when Clem was an undrafted rook. There is a lot to work with here. Its gotta be a positive when in his only regular season action he was generating pressure against Jordan Gross.