The green stone..

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
Is named after a national park where it was either discovered or made famous. It's location?

On the border of Kenya and ... you guessed it Tanzania!

Coincidence? Probably. Lol!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Okay, I"ll be the first to bite. What green stone are you on about? And how - besides it's color and proximity to Tanzania - is this to do with the Seahawks?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":380wuzk3 said:
Okay, I"ll be the first to bite. What green stone are you on about? And how - besides it's color and proximity to Tanzania - is this to do with the Seahawks?
He's referring to the green stone in the ring and the fact that Paul Allen put ads up at the C-Link for Tanzania a couple of years ago.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I know about Tanzania. I think the entire country should be canonized by the Pope.

Not following the link between there being a green stone on the Super Bowl ring and Tanzania though.

OP
OP
Tempest_Crow

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
Wow how quickly we forget. In the past when PCJS first arrived, as mentioned there were adds in one end for Tanzania. Now to some who attended games this end zone brought some sort of good ji-ju to the team. It was talked about at some length on the boards at one time. And I was curious about the green stone as the eye in the ring so looked it up. Saw that tidbit of info and thought that some may of found it interesting. As it was apart of their experience with our team.

Sorry for disappointing you. Now I realize why I don't post much after being on the site for 10+ years. Thanks for the reminder.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Tempest_Crow":2sgv4u3j said:
Wow how quickly we forget. In the past when PCJS first arrived, as mentioned there were adds in one end for Tanzania. Now to some who attended games this end zone brought some sort of good ji-ju to the team. It was talked about at some length on the boards at one time. And I was curious about the green stone as the eye in the ring so looked it up. Saw that tidbit of info and thought that some may of found it interesting. As it was apart of their experience with our team.

Sorry for disappointing you. Now I realize why I don't post much after being on the site for 10+ years. Thanks for the reminder.
Wow. overreact much? First off, you didn't "disappoint me", you left me blank. Green stone? What green stone? Like I'm supposed to be frakking telepathic and know you're talking about the green eye of the Seahawk in the Super Bowl ring.

Sorry if I disappointed you that I'm not telepathic or Sherlock Holmes for that matter. All I asked for was clarification, like perhaps this:
A relative newcomer to gem world, tsavorite was first discovered in 1967 by renowned Scottish geologist and gem expert, Campbell Bridges, while he worked as a consultant for Tiffany & Co. at the original tanzanite source in Tanzania.

Ahhhh! Light goes on in head! The green stone in the Super Bowl ring is made from a gem found in Tanzania! Super cool! I totally get the Tanzania part and know all about the corner of the end zone where the sacred sign is displayed. What I didn't get was what green stone you were talking about and how it was linked to Tanzania.

A little explanation goes a long ways.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":5atjycim said:
Tempest_Crow":5atjycim said:

Wow. overreact much? First off, you didn't "disappoint me", you left me blank. Green stone? What green stone? Like I'm supposed to be frakking telepathic and know you're talking about the green eye of the Seahawk in the Super Bowl ring.

Sorry if I disappointed you that I'm not telepathic or Sherlock Holmes for that matter. All I asked for was clarification, like perhaps this:
A relative newcomer to gem world, tsavorite was first discovered in 1967 by renowned Scottish geologist and gem expert, Campbell Bridges, while he worked as a consultant for Tiffany & Co. at the original tanzanite source in Tanzania.

Ahhhh! Light goes on in head! The green stone in the Super Bowl ring is made from a gem found in Tanzania! Super cool! I totally get the Tanzania part and know all about the corner of the end zone where the sacred sign is displayed. What I didn't get was what green stone you were talking about and how it was linked to Tanzania.

Doesn't make your post any less douchey. Your post came across like a complete ass.

grizbob

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1w02cc3p said:
Tempest_Crow":1w02cc3p said:

This post feels like somebody is being intentionally dense just to be argumentative. Hell, even I knew what the post is about just from the title. :141847_bnono:

godawg

Reaction score
Let's not make a tempest in a teapot. For those of us who prefer our posts in words of one syllable, a link or explanation about the gem (as subsequently provided) would be good. Some posters are not overly polite, so it's better not to be too sensitive when posting here. Thick skin is helpful.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
grizbob":3m3jagim said:
SalishHawkFan":3m3jagim said:
Tempest_Crow":3m3jagim said:

This post feels like somebody is being intentionally dense just to be argumentative. Hell, even I knew what the post is about just from the title. :141847_bnono:
You know what? I can't say outside the shack what I think about both of the posters who followed my last post up on this subject. Firetruck Officials.

Before I was just confused and very unintentionally dense. NOW I'm being impolite.

camdawg

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2ezoptm1 said:
Darn, I thought it was an emerald; as in Emerald City.

Me too! Until now. Perhaps those who were bothered by Salish in the thread were a little over the top...the connection wasn't obvious to me either in the beginning.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
camdawg":2wu5th8s said:
LymonHawk":2wu5th8s said:

Me too! Until now. Perhaps those who were bothered by Salish in the thread were a little over the top...the connection wasn't obvious to me either in the beginning.

Are you unintentionally dense like Salish?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3h8kgnoq said:
Fire truck
Firetruck Officials.

Cute, but fire truck is two words not one which would make you run creative capitalization be F.T.O instead of just the F.O. That you intended.

Before I was just confused and very unintentionally dense. NOW I'm being impolite.

Oh, she mad now.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
camdawg":1grahria said:
LymonHawk":1grahria said:

I too was curious (non-presumptive) about the reference to "The Green Stone", therefore I mouse-arrowed onto the post.
I'm also put off by so much foo foo and overreaction.
In any case, it's a good story line, with ties to Paul Allen & Tanzania, and in the end, that's the positive that I'm taking from this post :mrgreen:

Pie Romania

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":22ta05vv said:
Tempest_Crow":22ta05vv said:

As soon as I read the title, I understood. I mean, how many "green stones" related to the Seahawks have there been recently? A single green stone on the face of our first Super Bowl Championship ring that came out a few days ago and you still can't get it? Maybe it's not his lack of an explanation, but rather, your lack of brain functionality when attempting to process a problem to find a solution? It's easy to be rude on the internet or try to be a smart ass (obviously, I can do it too). No need to attack OP because you made yourself look stupid. I'll even go so far as to say sorry for this post because I don't browse Seahawks forums to be rude to other fans. We're all here for the love of the same team.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
as a group of human beings who all speak roughly the same language it really shouldn't be this difficult to talk about a rock.

#gohawks?