John Schneider's hand-written message to Horace Miller

Jville

Reaction score
Just know that, while you know you have a ways to go, that we feel that you have a very cool upside! Be confident in your skills as you get ready to prepare for training camp. Know that you really have to bring it on Special Teams!

See Note >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-offseason-2014/2014/6/22/5832108/john-schneiders-hand-written-message-to-horace-miller[/urltargetblank]

Cool writeup on Horace Miller >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-offseason-2014/2014/5/27/5755448/seahawks-sign-olb-horace-miller[/urltargetblank]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That's awesome. A handwritten note of encouragement to a nobody (no offense, Horace!) from the GM? I can't imagine that's common around the league.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27cvvcib said:
That's awesome. A handwritten note of encouragement to a nobody (no offense, Horace!) from the GM? I can't imagine that's common around the league.
I submit that anyone worthy enough to be going to training camp with these Seahawks is a somebody.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Sounds promising. Curious, if his numbers were so good, why did he drop into Free Agency?

Hawks46

Reaction score
ManBunts":363s9ypo said:
Sounds promising. Curious, if his numbers were so good, why did he drop into Free Agency?

He wasn't invited to the combine. Teams miss enough during the draft, I honestly believe most teams either don't have deep enough scouting staffs, or they just aren't as in depth as ours is.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
ManBunts":e1nw22ls said:
Because of all the negatives many scouts and evaluators work with. He doesn't have length for their program. He doesn't come from a football factory. There is a question of fit and whether he has an NFL position. Those kinds of things. And, although the league talks about the importance of special teams, final cuts suggest it is not actually a top priority for some teams.

I'm please the team added Horace to the mix for a look. His raw athletic ability and speed represents value. Especially, in a year where the team emphasis is "all the speed we can get". Seahawk emphasis on special teams is second to none. Predictably, they are looking for a new impact player for special teams work.

Horace Miller is the type of prospect that will get a opportunity to win a Seattle Seahawk roster spot. But to get it done, he will "really have to bring it on Special Teams!"

P. S. Most have their favorite plays in football. For me, It's a blocked kick that's returned for a touchdown. A blocked field goal attempt is especially nice. That's a point swing of 9 points. Ten points in the minds of those that include the follow up extra point.