Sherman boycotting local media bc they published his address

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/06/19/ ... m-sherman/

Most of the outrage at the Seattle Times is coming from Sherman himself who says he is being bombarded with fans hanging out around his house wanting autographs — or wanting to just “hang out.” The attention has gotten so out of control that Sherman is now refusing to speak to the local press

Totally justified in my opinion. While the sales of big, expensive properties definitely do hit the local media from time to time, its different when you are a pro athlete and hoards of lunatic fans want to get a piece of you. That info should not be published.

Also:
To any 12th Men going to Sherman's new home: Leave him alone you morons.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. I said it was really messed up of the Seattle PI to do that in the original thread showing his new house.

And just because residential addresses are generally public doesn't excuse the press. No one needs their personal address printed in a widely circulated publication. That's a completely different thing.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rottweilers, German Shepherds, or Belgian Malinois'

get like 5 of 'em, Sherman, to roam around the yard, can't trust people they are crazy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Throwdown":33hct221 said:

get like 5 of 'em, Sherman, to roam around the yard, can't trust people they are crazy.

Agreed. And people wonder why athletes are cold to them when said athletes are out in public.

warden

Reaction score
I stated in a post in the first thread that showed his new home, that I thought they should not have put the address in the article.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
It takes a real weirdo to randomly hang around someones' house hoping to bump into them for an autograph or to be welcomed in like a friend.

Next thing you know a knife salesman is demanding you intercept a pass for him in the superbowl or he kills your son.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
More hits, controversy, conversation, anger. Bottom line more attention to seattle times. They win, and they suck for it.

Total douche-bag move.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Good.

Have never understood the fascination with celebrity; they're just everyday dudes like you or I who happen to have a very public job and a unique skill set, but who still should be afforded the everyday common courtesy that we all get and desire.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't care if the info is public, the Times shouldn't have published it.

Give the guy some privacy for crying out loud.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I bet a couple of the chaps from the DOUG BALDWIN SNUBBED ME thread are hiding in the bushes outside Sherman's place RIGHT NOW as a matter of fact.

Guys, I know you're hitting refresh on this site on your little iPhones while you wait to harass a professional football player, so please read this and STOP IT. Thanks in advance!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2c1m41xh said:
I bet a couple of the chaps from the DOUG BALDWIN SNUBBED ME thread are hiding in the bushes outside Sherman's place RIGHT NOW as a matter of fact.

Guys, I know you're hitting refresh on this site on your little iPhones while you wait to harass a professional football player, so please read this and STOP IT. Thanks in advance!

They wouldn't do that if Sherm had some guard dogs out there ready to maul a sucka.

Yes I'm advocating violence towards stalkers.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I just think we should get some burly dudes to stand out there and club morons who come to Sherman's home to harass him like they were baby seals.

Seahawks.com can even monetize this opportunity! They can run a stream. I'll pay to good money watch an Italian dude with some brass knucks named Rocco and some black dude who only goes by the name Stone and who wields a Louisville Slugger beating down the beer-gutted, lonely, halitosis-having, chumpstain losers that hang out around a man's home to "hang out" with him.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
You gotta be a creepy person to go hang out in front of someone's house looking for an autograph. Seek help.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1txtnzbo said:

Earl says he will for it for free.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, very stupid on the local media's part. I would be pissed off as well.

Stop hanging around his house hoping for whatever you are hoping for. Give the man the privacy he deserves!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
TriCHawk":2uq36rkc said:
You gotta be a creepy person to go hang out in front of someone's house looking for an autograph. Seek help.

Maybe it's Jim Harbaugh wanting to know what a Superbowl ring looks like?

Throwdown

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1l7dsbtd said:
Throwdown":1l7dsbtd said:

Earl says he will for it for free.

That's almost as entertaining as watching a german shepherd go into a frenzy... I could go for it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If I already needed another reason to hate the SeattleTimes, maybe we should publish Frank Blethen's address and see how he likes it. He is CEO of the Times. Just a matter of time before that rag goes ta ta's up anyhow.