Top 100 - 4 seahawks in the top 20.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the countdown got to 21 today.

Lynch, Wilson, Thomas, Sherman are still in play.

Wilson will finish higher than Luck, Sherman will finish as the #1 CB.

I like it. I like it a lot.

A few years ago I don't think we had anybody on the list.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Based on the previews I would have thought it was a sure thing that Wilson would have gone in the 21-30 range. I guess most NFL players didn't buy into that "game manager" BS.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":7sfi7rtr said:
Based on the previews I would have thought it was a sure thing that Wilson would have gone in the 21-30 range. I guess most NFL players didn't buy into that "game manager" BS.

Like I have said, the players no the truth, and Rw, Sherman are also up for ESPYs which are voted by writers, and experts, so they get it too.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":8b7gvq67 said:

Yeah, they actually have to try and tackle him and they know the unbelievable plays he makes.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Big gap between the top 20 and the next highest rated Seahawk, which is, I forget, in the 60s?

kearly

Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick, last week: 15,000+ votes over-rated.

Colin Kaepernick, right now: 17,000+ votes under-rated.

Bots are fun.

Anthony!

Reaction score
kearly":3trkbvq3 said:
Colin Kaepernick, last week: 15,000+ votes over-rated.

Colin Kaepernick, right now: 17,000+ votes under-rated.

Bots are fun.

The players voted him 81st that says it all

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":4742jbaz said:
How freaky would it be to have a Seahawk at #1?

I suspect if the NFL network did this list in 2005, Jones would have been #1. The Sporting News ranked him #1 that year.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Thomas is #1 in my book but sherman will be the only top 10 hawk i think.

the last teaser for next week's episode implied there were 3 superbowl champions on it so we could see 3 hawks go in 11-20.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
At the end of the 21-30 show, they said in the preview for 11-20 "Here come the Badgers" and said there's 3 of them. They showed J.J. Watt and Russell Wilson when announcing all that.

Still, Russell Wilson is up for NFL's Best Player at the ESPY's. Be sure to vote! http://espn.go.com/espys/2014/
Best NFL Player: Russell Wilson
Best Team: Seattle Seahawks
Best Coach/Manager: Pete Carroll
Best Breakthrough Athlete: Richard Sherman

Love how Kam is motivated to hit harder since he was voted by his peers in the 60's. Can't wait to see what that looks like on the field!

LolaRox

Reaction score
My guess -

#19 Wilson
#14 Beast
#11 Earl
#9 Sherm

Earl and Sherm could flip flop.

The others I think will be on the list (in no particular order). I'm one short and can't think of anyone else and listed two 'not sures'

RB - AP, Shady, Charles
QB - Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees
WR - Megatron, AJ, Gordon?
TE - Graham
OT - Joe Thomas?
LB - Mathis, Kuechly
DE - Quinn, Watt

Forgot Watt

A

Anonymous

#'s 20 through 11 tomorrow night on NFL Network!

9:00pm eastern / reaction show @ 10:00pm.

Set your DVR's people.

According to the previews, no shots of ET, that I've seen anyway, just Sherm, Russ and Marshawn. :x

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
OMG.....yall have the opportunity to put one of them Numma 12 and no one does it??? Wilson numma 12. I did it.

fine print stuff here that means it is fine print stuff.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
on the reactions show last week they mentioned that only 1 defensive player is in the top 10. If that's the case we will likely see 3 or all 4 in this week's episode.

Pretty amazing when in 2011 there were none on the list.

This is the 4th year this show has been going and Seattle has really been represented well the last 2 years.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3j8u6gw8 said:
#'s 20 through 11 tomorrow night on NFL Network!

9:00pm eastern / reaction show @ 10:00pm.

Set your DVR's people.

According to the previews, no shots of ET, that I've seen anyway, just Sherm, Russ and Marshawn. :x

They flashed Thomas in the previews. Right after Quinn, right before Sherman.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Anthony!":123myf4r said:
Shadowhawk":123myf4r said:

Like I have said, the players no the truth, and Rw, Sherman are also up for ESPYs which are voted by writers, and experts, so they get it too.

Some of the writers and experts aren't on board just yet though. Check out this quote from Charlie Caserly:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... uarterback

I'd take at least 12 NFL quarterbacks over Wilson
I do not consider Russell Wilson a Top-10 quarterback, let alone one who belongs in the top five. The Seahawks win because they have one of the NFL's best defenses and an outstanding running back in Marshawn Lynch. Wilson -- who I think is a good, but not elite, passer -- operates in an offense that takes a lot of pressure off him, meaning the Seahawks don't have to rely upon his arm to win games.

When evaluating players you always ask yourself how would that player perform with another team that is better than his. For example, if you put Andrew Luck in Seattle would his numbers improve? I don't have any doubt they would. In no particular order, I would rank these AFC signal-callers ahead of Wilson: Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady and, possibly, Joe Flacco. And the NFC quarterbacks I would rank ahead of him: Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning (despite his poor 2013 season), Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Tony Romo and Nick Foles.