Seahawks' Schneider on success: 'It's very surreal

Jville

Reaction score
"It's very surreal," Schneider said. "I felt like I was blessed enough to get my own opportunity to do it the way I wanted to do it for a guy like (Seahawks owner) Paul Allen is pretty neat. To go ahead and hook up with (Seattle) coach Pete (Carroll) and put our philosophy in place, put our heads down and just grind through it and see it come fruition is very special."

Event Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/06/25/seahawks-schneider-on-success-its-very-surreal/11388377/[/urltargetblank]

“In second and third grade, he had his own football cards and he was building his own teams,” said his father, Bill, a retired orthopedic surgeon who with his wife, Sandy, still lives in the De Pere house where John, his four older sisters and one older brother were raised.

Years later, after John was hired by the Green Bay Packers as a pro personnel assistant, he would wheel and deal with then-general manager Ron Wolf, also an avid football card collector.

“They were always trading cards and comparing their card collections after hours,” Bill said.
“John’s so lovable, I mean I love him, I do,” said Kansas City Chiefs general manager John Dorsey, who was named 2013 NFL executive of the year and worked alongside Schneider with the Packers. “I look at him as a little brother, and I always will. I love being around him. He put a smile on your face. He makes you think. He’s very respectful. We had a lot of similarities in terms of principles we both believe in. John is a good man.”
Excellent background article on John Schneider >> [urltargetblank]http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20140201/PKR01/106250002[/urltargetblank]

bilde

hawk45

Reaction score
No matter what Schneid does from now on, he can go back to Green Bay, whatever, he's got a free pass from this fan. Much like Lynch, the contributions to the franchise are just crazy. Also love his contributions to the autism community in WA.

JS and Pete meeting in Seattle was just destiny for a franchise with zero rings before they came.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
As a franchise long fan, JS will always have my respect for what he helped bring us. I was listening to the announcement of his hiring on the radio and at first thought that he was just going to be processing the deals for the guys that Carroll wanted.

Instead, Allen got a 2 headed monster that literally did what they said they were going to do. I remember hearing JS talk to the players, saying that he had been watching some of them since before they were in high school. It was then I realized how good that guy really is at his job.

Just having the patience to wait for the right QB, not jumping at crazy trades to get unproven first round picks and bringing in the guys that THEY wanted.
Never just going on the Kiper program and working with Carroll to find talent deep in the draft makes him one of the best I have ever seen in that role.

I never want to see JS leave this place and I hope that he gets rewarded in a manner that makes him want to be part of the organization for as long as possible.

djb28

Reaction score
There should be a movie about this guy in the future. If the Lonely Browns can get one...

McG

Reaction score
As football fans and obviously Seahawk fans we should all feel blessed that PC and JS came to our team. Our history was horrible, laughable even, whatever you want to call it. It was always hard to be a Hawks fan, even our run with Holmy never seemed like a 100% stone locked situation. Sure we had a very solid team in '05, but we had a very underwhelming defense and very average receivers that couldn't catch a cold and that was our best team, up until now.

We have a dominate, young, hungry defense, a one-in-a-billion leader, and a beast. That's all thanks to JS and PC. How great is it to watch a game and not have to always say, "maybe next year" about half way through the season? That was how my whole childhood was through the 80's-90's. It's still one of the reasons I love the draft to this day. Now when I watch the draft it's not who can we get to make win the playoffs, it's who can we get to make us a champion? Thank you JS.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
McG":2mi1y7d4 said:
As football fans and obviously Seahawk fans we should all feel blessed that PC and JS came to our team. Our history was horrible, laughable even, whatever you want to call it. It was always hard to be a Hawks fan, even our run with Holmy never seemed like a 100% stone locked situation. Sure we had a very solid team in '05, but we had a very underwhelming defense and very average receivers that couldn't catch a cold and that was our best team, up until now.

We have a dominate, young, hungry defense, a one-in-a-billion leader, and a beast. That's all thanks to JS and PC. How great is it to watch a game and not have to always say, "maybe next year" about half way through the season? That was how my whole childhood was through the 80's-90's. It's still one of the reasons I love the draft to this day. Now when I watch the draft it's not who can we get to make win the playoffs, it's who can we get to make us a champion? Thank you JS.

Actually for me, now the draft is "who can we get to develop into a potential starter in a couple years" instead of "who can we get to start and get us to the playoffs."

Hawknballs

Reaction score
"The Seahawks' dominating 43-8 win over Denver in February was the largest margin of victory in a Super Bowl in two decades."

every time i read something like this i start to stand up but usually catch myself before a random fist pump.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
After winning multiple Superbowls and Pete deciding to retire, I can see him leave for Green Bay. Either way John has brought so much talent to this corner. Who else can bring no names and make them into household names in a few years?