Conversation with a Broncos Fan at the Beach today

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Not sure if this should be in the main forum or what. But, I gotta share.

I'm standing on the beach today watching my kids and his guy wearing a Broncos hat says, "Oh oh, you're wearing a Seahawks hat." I didn't say anything at first and can't remember how the conversation started. But, I'll say this... he approached me. Every Bronco fan that wants to talk about the Super Bowl still can't get it through their heads that they were throttled. I was mostly nice about it, but he was launching a few choice comments.

He starts talking about bandwagon Seahawks fans, but didn't take him to long to realize my passion. I was actually offended at how he was talking about Seahawks fans. He said I was only the 3rd fan he'd ever met. (I did a mini rant there, but knew this guy was going to keep at it.)

His deal was that if only the Broncos line would have blocked a bit better...
I had to empathize with him a bit and say, "Listen... I know the disappointment of a Super Bowl not going your way and I'm sure it sucked to see your team thrashed." But, then I shook my head and just turned to him and said (about the "if only" OL comments), "You mean if only the Seahawks didn't have a pass rush?" (Are you kidding me? Come on.) I said, "That's football. The Seahawks built a fast Defense and the Broncos experienced what many other teams already had."

But, THIS took the cake. He offered more of his insights to the game (which I was tired of hearing). So, I started talking about how Kam Chancellor really set the tone early. You know what he said? "Who's Kam Chancellor?" I was almost speechless. I nearly blurted out what I thought of his football IQ at that moment, but decided to educate the poor chap about the Legion of Boom. I came out of the conversation just thinking I'm going to assume most Broncos fans are probably as ignorant as this guy. That seems to be a pattern. Those I've run into know virtually NOTHING about the team that destroyed them, but then they still can't wrap their minds around what happened.

All I could say to the guys was, "Man, that's football. You feel the same way virtually every other opponent team fans felt like this year." Just Bizarre conversation.

By the way... Kam, if you're reading this - I hope that's even more motivation to make sure EVERY other team fan knows who you are this next season. I hope you literally knock the snot out of the Broncos so that "fan" I talked to today has nightmares about you.

irocdave

Reaction score
Lol, that guy sounds like almost every member on the Broncos Country bumpkin website prior to the game. Donkies got it handed it to them, they were intimidated from the first snap. Every football fan that watched that game could see it. The donkies were afraid. The Hawks did what they do, hate to say it but if the niners made it the outcome would have been about the same. The NFC west brings a different brand of ball to the rest of the league. Carolina plays a similar style also. Donks got their ass whipped, and would 9.9 times out of 10.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Agree with the above comment.

I used to get pissed about it, because we were underdogs going into the game by all the "experts". At least the experts came out and gave us all the credit once the Hawks kicked the Donks asses.

Go on the internet before the game and Donk fans were all puffed up about the "best offense in the history of the NFL" and how it wouldn't even be close. How our offense was terrible and we wouldn't score on them. How they held the Patriots vaunted rushing offense in check and they'd do the same to us (which was true for the most part). Then, after the game, it was all the excuses "well, we had 8 starters out on defense". Seriously, why wasn't that EVER brought up before the game ? If it was such a big deal AFTER the game, why wasn't that ever considered when they were all talking smack about how bad we were going to lose ?

Most football fans are hypocrites. It's just varying degrees. The casual fan usually didn't even play football and has no real inside knowledge of the game. I'm over it because of this, but it's really amusing to watch all the back tracking and denial. It's almost like Denver fans were physically violated by the SuperBowl loss. They've blacked out what really happened in their minds already.

I think we'll get our revenge this season. We're going to dismantle the Donks up here; they think we were intense for the SB, wait till they get us on a home game during the regular season. We're also going to see what's going to happen to the Donks all season long against the rest of the NFC West. I think the Rams are going to give them holy hell and the Cards will beat them as well. I'd think the Niners would beat them ,but Denver is pretty tough at home.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I knew the Bronco fans were delusional before the game. But, come on... to not even know who Kam Chancellor is? Still, AFTER the Super Bowl when he made several statement plays? That's complete ignorance. It would be like any Seahawks fan not knowing who Wes Welker is or a similar impact player on their team.

Yeah, I wasn't pissed. I was in near shock. I guess I gave Broncos fans too much credit previously.

HawkWow

Reaction score
He obviously was unaware that you could have just beaten him to death. ; )

Think of the smile such an act would have brought to Kam's face:

Dear Kam, after I felt you were disrespected at the beach today, I was forced to open up a can of whup-ass on some Bronc joker. Please send money...like fast.

LOL...how goes the training bro?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Weird.

That is the polar opposite of every Bronco fan I have met so far.

The overwhelming reaction is first to share just how amazed they were once they saw just how good the Seahawks were. Congratulate me on them being one of the best teams they ever saw (as if I had anything to do with it!) and want to talk about just how good guys like Wilson, Kam and Sherman already are.

I remember one, trying to check into a hotel in Austin and the manager shared he was a huge Broncos fan. I thought I was in trouble, but he just went on and on for almost a half hour about how great the Seahawk players were. I shared that since he got all those SBs with Elway, we were probably due - and we were.

Often if I see a Broncos fan we usually end up talking and I usually get a drink bought for me, so I was confused at the difference between the people on some of those Bronco message boards and how Bronco fans were in person.

On my last trip, same thing. People with Bronco hats were nothing but classy when they saw me wearing a Seahawk hat. (on that note, kudos to them for still rocking their team gear even after such a crushing loss).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Have a fairly new boss that is a Broncos fan and cool guy who doesn't talk smack. He asked me before the Super Bowl, what I thought our chances were, I said a Seattle win by 12-14 points. He asked how did I come to that conclusion. I replied that Seattle's defense will be the fastest and hardest hitting that Denver has seen all year!

After XLVIII, the only thing he said was "congrats, you were right!"...... :)

253hawk

Reaction score
I wonder what Donk Nation's excuses were after getting thrashed in SB XXI, XXII and XXIV. Hell, if it wasn't for Seattle stealing the division by one game in 1988 (thanks to a week 15 head-to-head game,) the Broncos might have made it and lost four years in a row, right before Buffalo did. Even SB XII against Dallas was a pretty good beat-down statistically (1/12 3rd downs, 4 INT's, 4 fumbles lost, 35 yards passing) despite the misleading 27-10 score.

It's not like Denver doesn't have a historical precedent of getting whooped on the the big game. All five SB losses have been in convincing fashion. Any true Broncos fan that's actually followed the team would know better than to open their mouths after getting manhandled by the Hawks.

tooshort

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":16mwxlnz said:
Weird.

The overwhelming reaction is first to share just how amazed they were once they saw just how good the Seahawks were. Congratulate me on them being one of the best teams they ever saw (as if I had anything to do with it!) and want to talk about just how good guys like Wilson, Kam and Sherman already are.

I remember one, trying to check into a hotel in Austin and the manager shared he was a huge Broncos fan. I thought I was in trouble, but he just went on and on for almost a half hour about how great the Seahawk players were. I shared that since he got all those SBs with Elway, we were probably due - and we were.

Often if I see a Broncos fan we usually end up talking and I usually get a drink bought for me, so I was confused at the difference between the people on some of those Bronco message boards and how Bronco fans were in person.

On my last trip, same thing. People with Bronco hats were nothing but classy when they saw me wearing a Seahawk hat. (on that note, kudos to them for still rocking their team gear even after such a crushing loss).

:thirishdrinkers: This is pretty much the reaction I've gotten since the day after the S'owl,Broncs fans kudos and drinks on the plane back from ny/nj, Broncs fans K&D during layover in SF :D , random Seattle based Bronco fan praise while watching the world cup in random bar,etc..etc..

Given that the OP comes from near the furthest NFL outpost from Seattle and the Bronco dullard happens to root for an NFL team that shares colors with the Florida Gators I have to ask...was he a "bandwagon" local or a "horseface loving" tourist?

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
tooshort":2er34id7 said:
TwistedHusky":2er34id7 said:
Weird.

:thirishdrinkers: This is pretty much the reaction I've gotten since the day after the S'owl,Broncs fans kudos and drinks on the plane back from ny/nj, Broncs fans K&D during layover in SF :D , random Seattle based Bronco fan praise while watching the world cup in random bar,etc..etc..

Given that the OP comes from near the furthest NFL outpost from Seattle and the Bronco dullard happens to root for an NFL team that shares colors with the Florida Gators I have to ask...was he a "bandwagon" local or a "horseface loving" tourist?
Nah. He is from Denver now living in Florida. I do agree (sort of) with the Kudos for still wearing the gear. But, it's hard for me to give any kudos to ANY NFL "fan" that doesn't even know who Kam Chancellor is... especially a "fan" of that team after the impact Kam had on that game. He must not really follow what's going on around the rest of the NFL... maybe only the Broncos. After talking with him a bit, I really questioned what he knew about the game.

Interesting that you two had "polar opposite" encounters. I'm not looking for trouble (and as I said, this guy approached me talkin smack), so I'm tending to believe at this point that those fairy tale-ish encounters are more the exception. No big deal. Nothing I haven't dealt with before. Like I said, I think I was thinking too highly of Broncos fans. I wasn't saying this was the worst encounter in the world. But, I became quite disenchanted with his act when he asked "Who is Kam Chancellor?"

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
HawkWow":3equ1dza said:
He obviously was unaware that you could have just beaten him to death. ; )

Think of the smile such an act would have brought to Kam's face:

Dear Kam, after I felt you were disrespected at the beach today, I was forced to open up a can of whup-ass on some Bronc joker. Please send money...like fast.

LOL...how goes the training bro?
:lol:
Nah, that never crossed my mind. Maybe I'm getting soft. ;) I did my best to honor the Legion of Boom to educate the guy. But, I think he must still be stunned from that beat down on 2/2/14 that will last a lifetime.

The training continues... when I'm not training others.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3rxesvrv said:
Not sure if this should be in the main forum or what. But, I gotta share.

I'm standing on the beach today watching my kids and his guy wearing a Broncos hat says, "Oh oh, you're wearing a Seahawks hat." I didn't say anything at first and can't remember how the conversation started. But, I'll say this... he approached me. Every Bronco fan that wants to talk about the Super Bowl still can't get it through their heads that they were throttled. I was mostly nice about it, but he was launching a few choice comments.

He starts talking about bandwagon Seahawks fans, but didn't take him to long to realize my passion. I was actually offended at how he was talking about Seahawks fans. He said I was only the 3rd fan he'd ever met. (I did a mini rant there, but knew this guy was going to keep at it.)

His deal was that if only the Broncos line would have blocked a bit better...
I had to empathize with him a bit and say, "Listen... I know the disappointment of a Super Bowl not going your way and I'm sure it sucked to see your team thrashed." But, then I shook my head and just turned to him and said (about the "if only" OL comments), "You mean if only the Seahawks didn't have a pass rush?" (Are you kidding me? Come on.) I said, "That's football. The Seahawks built a fast Defense and the Broncos experienced what many other teams already had."

But, THIS took the cake. He offered more of his insights to the game (which I was tired of hearing). So, I started talking about how Kam Chancellor really set the tone early. You know what he said? "Who's Kam Chancellor?" I was almost speechless. I nearly blurted out what I thought of his football IQ at that moment, but decided to educate the poor chap about the Legion of Boom. I came out of the conversation just thinking I'm going to assume most Broncos fans are probably as ignorant as this guy. That seems to be a pattern. Those I've run into know virtually NOTHING about the team that destroyed them, but then they still can't wrap their minds around what happened.

All I could say to the guys was, "Man, that's football. You feel the same way virtually every other opponent team fans felt like this year." Just Bizarre conversation.

By the way... Kam, if you're reading this - I hope that's even more motivation to make sure EVERY other team fan knows who you are this next season. I hope you literally knock the snot out of the Broncos so that "fan" I talked to today has nightmares about you.
Well it's hard to take a Bronco fan seriously. Especially when he's walking down the beach in a thong! Please tell me you didn't enjoy that :eek:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I laugh at the "Well the Broncos had an off day" theory. Why? Because that is what EVERY team's fanbase resorts to when they cannot psychologically deal with the fact that their precious team was simply not as good as the other team on that given day.

It's human psyche 101.

The AFC's top teams cannot beat the NFC's top teams right now. That is not misplaced fan logic, that is a fact.

The NFC's top teams are built off of punch you in the mouth, take your lunch money and laugh about it while the AFC's top team is to avoid the bully at all costs, hoping their finesse counters their physicality.

Nope.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1ltklsys said:
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I knew the Bronco fans were delusional before the game. But, come on... to not even know who Kam Chancellor is? Still, AFTER the Super Bowl when he made several statement plays? That's complete ignorance. It would be like any Seahawks fan not knowing who Wes Welker is or a similar impact player on their team.

Yeah, I wasn't pissed. I was in near shock. I guess I gave Broncos fans too much credit previously.

Wes Welker? Never heard of him. Did he play in the Super Bowl?

Largent80

Reaction score
Yesterday at the gym this dude was wearing a 9er hoodie. I walked up to him (thought of Radish ) and did this.. :141847_bnono: while pointing at the very large Seahawk logo on my shirt and walked away laughing hysterically.