RW....12-hour days in the offseason

mikeak

Reaction score
It is why I laugh every time I see Manziel being quoted making a point that he can do whatever he wants on the weekend, he deserves time off as they work hard etc etc

Sure he is technically right, so was Romo the year he hit the beach during playoff bye week.

Would RW, Brady or Manning ever have the same attitude?....

JSeahawks

Reaction score
mikeak":2df65hpn said:
It is why I laugh every time I see Manziel being quoted making a point that he can do whatever he wants on the weekend, he deserves time off as they work hard etc etc

Sure he is technically right, so was Romo the year he hit the beach during playoff bye week.

Would RW, Brady or Manning ever have the same attitude?....

[youtube]dgi2lY62Hto[/youtube]

kobebryant

Reaction score
mikeak":ixho8php said:

Sure he is technically right,

He is not just technically right, he is exactly right.

A grown ass man can do whatever he wants in his free time and shouldn't be criticized for it.

It didn't affect his play in college, and unless it affects his play in the pros (which will be hard to quantify) it is a non-issue.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kobebryant":tki5ng06 said:
mikeak":tki5ng06 said:

A grown ass man can do whatever he wants in his free time and shouldn't be criticized for it.

It didn't affect his play in college, and unless it affects his play in the pros (which will be hard to quantify) it is a non-issue.

Yep. And as a "grown ass man" he will accept the consequences of his behavior.

kearly

Reaction score
Russell WIlson had 120 kids show up to his first passing academy.

Which he held when he was a junior in High School.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
kearly":4z6gbm9m said:
Russell WIlson had 120 kids show up to his first passing academy.

Which he held when he was a junior in High School.

Damn. I really can't comprehend still on how lucky we are having him as our QB. :179417:

kobebryant

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":16ut70m5 said:
kobebryant":16ut70m5 said:
mikeak":16ut70m5 said:

What part of his behavior warrants "consequences" ?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kobebryant":6wm470qx said:
Tech Worlds":6wm470qx said:
kobebryant":6wm470qx said:
mikeak":6wm470qx said:

There are consequences to everyone's actions, both good and bad. We have yet to see how his will play out. Being the face of the franchise his actions will be closely scrutinized and thus his negative consequences magnified. I look forward to watching this saga.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":dznwrfnt said:
Tech Worlds":dznwrfnt said:
kobebryant":dznwrfnt said:
mikeak":dznwrfnt said:

You keep insisting on entirely missing the point.
The OP's thread was about Russell Wilson's constant drive at FIXING the mistakes he's made, and ALL Quarterbacks make mistakes, it's just the very few that aspire to be in the top of the conversation, actually do what it takes to get there.
Wilson isn't taking anything for granted, while Manziel (who should be honing his craft), is instead, ignoring his opportunities.
So unless Mr. Football has already mastered the game, and I assure you, he HAS NOT, there's no better time to start getting his shit together.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Yep. RW is beyond. That guy figured it out a long time ago. We really are lucky. The guy is everything a team wants out of their QB. In those games where his arm is needed because they know the defense is going for the run, he just shreds. RW makes it look easy and has been doing so since preseason of 2012, like he is just on a different level. The Hawks have never had a QB like that. One that comes out owning his game.

kobebryant

Reaction score
[/quote]
What part of his behavior warrants "consequences" ?[/quote]
You keep insisting on entirely missing the point.
The OP's thread was about Russell Wilson's constant drive at FIXING the mistakes he's made, and ALL Quarterbacks make mistakes, it's just the very few that aspire to be in the top of the conversation, actually do what it takes to get there.
Wilson isn't taking anything for granted, while Manziel (who should be honing his craft), is instead, ignoring his opportunities.
So unless Mr. Football has already mastered the game, and I assure you, he HAS NOT, there's no better time to start getting his shit together.[/quote]

I'm not missing any point. Someone took a thread about Russell Wilson's work ethic, which is quite impressive, and used it as an opportunity to take a shot at Johnny Manziel; a young man who has been nothing but successful on the football field and who everything we know about him off the field is derived via some third party media medium.

The insinuation out there that Manziel isn't honing his craft is unfounded; no one knows what he is doing with 90% of his time away from organized football activities. A young QB is perfectly capable of taking a memorial day weekend ( aka collectively bargained time away from work) trip to Vegas, have some drinks, kick it with some girls and work on his craft; taking your job seriously and enjoying your time off are not mutually exclusive.

The kid has not been arrested, hurt anyone, nor failed on a football field. Lets wait until one of those things happen before we start criticizing his lifestyle.

Sometimes I feel like Hawks fans have adopted this arrogant "Patriots way" or "Classy St Louis Cardinals" attitude towards QBs who aren't living like Russell Wilson (who none of us actually know aside from his carefully crafted public persona).

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I see no problem with Manzeil making a spectacle since he's a grown ass man. I also see no problem with grown ass men criticizing him either for his foolishness or naiveté. Why does he allow embarrassing photos of himsellf to be posted when he is so obviously sensitive to criticism.