Petition to Give Terry Blount the Boot

Sac

Reaction score
There is a similar post in the Shack that has received some attention from the resident smack artists, but it was pointed out that it would receive more attention (which it deserves) on the main board.

Here is the link to the Change.org petition
https://www.change.org/petitions/espn-r ... ares#share

Please keep your comments clean. The Shacked link is below if you'd like to express your thoughts in a more colorful way.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=93826

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
He is trying to make a living, feed his family, etc.

Even if he sucks at his job it's why bother,....because he hates the hawks?

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":r2v6srij said:

His own bio on ESPN states that he's an award winning writer for NASCAR, PGA, the NBA and some Houston news paper. I'm sure he'd be fine somewhere else. But he needs to not be the 'Hawks dedicated blogger for ESPN. He's awful.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":13bxpp57 said:

You can say that about every poor schmuck out there. It doesn't excuse someone from being incredibly bad at their jobs

Subzero717

Reaction score
-The Glove-":24a6p2u6 said:
ImTheScientist":24a6p2u6 said:

You can say that about every poor schmuck out there. It doesn't excuse someone from being incredibly bad at their jobs

He is just being the scientist. He argues for the sake of arguing. He doesnt believe it.

Heyseed

Reaction score
You suck at your job too...

but who cares?, really

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Heyseed":3e6pnb5g said:
You suck at your job too...

but who cares?, really

I don't have hundreds possibly thousands of customers/readers complaining about me

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think he is hilarious.

I remember before the 49ers game last year, I belive (paraphrasing) his brilliant advice was that the game "was going to come down to big plays" or something like it. Not even sure what that means, since any TD is probably a "big play", also any long run, any sack, any fumble. And in a way, he was right - the Seahawks made plenty of big plays and so did the 49ers.

But yes, sometimes his advice is Maddenesque, but almost as if he was trying to parody Madden.

Either way, the guy he replaced was stellar so near anyone would have left us wanting in comparison but at least with Blount you know you are getting entertainment because his insight is either just stating the blatantly obvious or wrong. So at least he is consistent.

Frankly, we went to the SB with that guy covering the Hawks so the superstitious part of me wouldn't want to change anything. Let him be terrible at covering the Hawks as we march to achieve another SB victory.

I am fine with that trade.

Seafan

Reaction score
Sando grew into his job. Blount doesn't bother me. It's not like he's the only Hawk blogger in the universe. And at this point do you need a Hawk blogger? Given some time Blount might get better.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe he gets paid to do what he does. I'd do his job better, for free.

Tical21

Reaction score
Lame. I admit that I have never written an article he has written, but at least on radio he isn't any worse than Sando. My real question I guess though, is who cares about beat reporters anymore? How can this be important enough to anyone that they would spend time to try to get someone fired from their job?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Tical21":wzlx29r9 said:
Lame. I admit that I have never written an article he has written, but at least on radio he isn't any worse than Sando. My real question I guess though, is who cares about beat reporters anymore? How can this be important enough to anyone that they would spend time to try to get someone fired from their job?

I enjoy reading the blogs about my team. His is the worst with very little effort to cover the team effectively. I'd rather there be someone who is competent to deliver the content I read. I used to read the blog all the time. Now rarely because of his poor coverage.

kearly

Reaction score
To me he seems like an extremely average (non-NFL) reporter filling in for probably the smartest guy at ESPN, a guy (Sando) who knows more about the Seahawks than probably anyone else in that company.

I don't think Blount is all that bad, though on the radio he sounds like a super-corny baby boomer with Southern origins. It would probably be more accurate to say he is uninteresting. Sando may be bland, but he works to bring facts to the table, so he manages to always be interesting.

On the scale of awesome to obnoxious with a 10 being super awesome Bill Simmons and a 1 being the extremely annoying and painfully moronic Danny O'Neil, I'd give Blount a 4 or a 5. You could do a lot better but you could do a lot worse too.

I think he is an okay reporter / writer, just super uninteresting.

Tical21

Reaction score
kearly":1ytzcyy7 said:
To me he seems like an extremely average (non-NFL) reporter filling in for probably the smartest guy at ESPN, a guy (Sando) who knows more about the Seahawks than probably anyone else in that company.

I don't think Blount is all that bad, though on the radio he sounds like a super-corny baby boomer with Southern origins. It would probably be more accurate to say he is uninteresting. Sando may be bland, but he works to bring facts to the table, so he manages to always be interesting.

On the scale of awesome to obnoxious with a 10 being super awesome Bill Simmons and a 1 being the extremely annoying and painfully moronic Danny O'Neil, I'd give Blount a 4 or a 5. You could do a lot better but you could do a lot worse too.

I think he is an okay reporter / writer, just super uninteresting.
You probably already know what I'm going to say, but I don't get the Sando thing. To me, in the media, especially in print, the absolute worst thing you can do is be afraid to have an opinion. To me, that is as uninteresting as it can get. I think Sando knows his stuff, but he is so afraid to ever have an opinion on anything whatsoever, that it totally hinders him from ever saying anything profound. His columns became skip-over material a long time ago. I want to learn something. I want the writer to make me think a little bit.

Again, I don't read anymore, so I have never read a Blount article, but when he's on the radio and the host asks his opinion on something, he'll give it. He isn't great at backing it up with facts or uncovered material we hadn't though of, but he'll tell you what he thinks is going to happen. Sando will just dance around in circles. Sando is a great reporter, and if you take him as that, he's superb. But I can't learn anything from him that I wouldn't find in a box score or transaction list.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Danny Kelly would be awesome because he'd be Sando-esque but I rather have him at FG with an biased approach than at lame mainstream ESPN where anti-Seahawk commenters will douche it up.

Too bad Pat Kirwin and Doug Farrar are senior writers for their respective sports sites.

Kip's Random Thoughts would actually be an amazing feat after games. Stanton would be great too both obviously love the Seahawks but can be unbiased when needed. Both have better gigs though even if it isn't mainstream.

Its sad they took Eric Williams for the ESPN Chargers blog, he would have been awesome.

As I don't really care about ESPN though and what they have to say, my vote would go to Danny O'niel. Then get Mack Strong or Dave Wyman, two guys who actually know something about football, next to Brock Huard.

Blount isn't bad its just he's boring, no personality, there is no passion in his writing and he definitely piggy backs rather than informs.

Besides us Seahawks fans are truly blessed with the .Net posters who love to gather insight and form their own opinion in posts as well as the myriad of writers at Fieldgulls. That's enough for me.

At least we aren't stuck with Chahida.