Help needed to resolve team scoring in 2013

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Something is not adding up... literally.

if you add up the team's scores of all regular season games you get 417 points... and that's consistent with all the final standings data that I have seen... yet the team's scoring summary table at espn.com accounts for only 415 points.

link... http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/nam ... e-seahawks

What's strange on that list is Jermaine Kearse getting credit for scoring 26 points off of 4 TDs... but when I look into it further, he also scored a safety... so his 26 points is correct.

But still, where did the other 2 points go to?... because when you add up the scores of all the games, you get 417 points... not 415.

I'm guessing that there's a simple answer... I just haven't found it yet.

TIA for the help.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If we get a safety, that pair of points should go to either a defender or the offensive person that fell in the endzone or out of the bakc of it??? That may set up the proper account for it. Example....Superb Owl where the first score is a 12 second safety. That would be on the 12s....would it not???

camdawg

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2486rwkz said:
kearly":2486rwkz said:
It does... and it doesn't.

Scroll down to the Scoring Summary table and you'll see only 415 of the 417 points accounted for... we're missing 2 points somewhere. :?

Hmm...the safety early on in the Colts game was attributed to Kearse, according to the ESPN play by play. So it looks like that was correctly accounted for.

Does anyone remember any other safeties we forced? Or did we score any two point conversions during the season?

<<Edit...found it. In the 49er home game with the weather stoppage, Bruce Miller held in the endzone to keep us from sacking Papaki for a safety. Because the safety then came about due to a penalty, I guess no one on the Hawks gets credit. Maybe the team overall is supposed to get credit?

Basis4day

Reaction score
camdawg":11r1kta4 said:
onanygivensunday":11r1kta4 said:
kearly":11r1kta4 said:
It does... and it doesn't.

Scroll down to the Scoring Summary table and you'll see only 415 of the 417 points accounted for... we're missing 2 points somewhere. :?

Hmm...the safety early on in the Colts game was attributed to Kearse, according to the ESPN play by play. So it looks like that was correctly accounted for.

Does anyone remember any other safeties we forced? Or did we score any two point conversions during the season?

<<Edit...found it. In the 49er home game with the weather stoppage, Bruce Miller held in the endzone to keep us from sacking Papaki for a safety. Because the safety then came about due to a penalty, I guess no one on the Hawks gets credit. Maybe the team overall is supposed to get credit?

I think you've figured it out. The Seahawks as a whole were credited with 417 points in the regular season. Individual players were credited with 415, which included Kearse getting credited a safety against Indy. The safety against SF came as a result of a SF Hold, thus no Hawk got credited with the missing 2 points.

OP
OP
onanygivensunday

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
camdawg":1mxk37ze said:
Outstanding... thanks brother!! :th2thumbs:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3r1ycf6h said:
camdawg":3r1ycf6h said:
Outstanding... thanks brother!! :th2thumbs:
Yes, very good detective work camdawg. You rock!