Secret star or over rated?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I had read Cian's article that this one quotes and the PFF ratings that contradict it. This guy does a good job of staying completely neutral and giving both sides of the story. Very good read.

Tokadub

Reaction score
He's absolutely a star. Has superb skills with punching out the ball on completed passes, he also of course makes a lot of interceptions.

Really not looking forward to 2015 since we will most likely lose him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a year on par to Sherman in 2014. I think Sherman may get injured or this will be his last "prime" year. That's part of the reason I didn't wanna overpay Sherman, if he goes down with those big guarantees AND we lose Maxwell... Well game over to our legion of boom.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Brithawk":2ohj7sz3 said:
Fahey is a tit, he hates on Joe Haden as well

What does Fahey know? he also said maxwell made numerous mistakes in man coverage which is false. Hawks don't play man. Just ask Patrick Peterson.

I did like this nugget...

PFF graded Maxwell as the second-best cornerback in the NFL. During that period, quarterbacks throwing to Maxwell’s side of the field were limited to a quarterback rating of 38.1. (Those throwing against Sherman only achieved a quarterback rating of six. Yes, just six. Nice decision-making, there, Kap!)

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Tokadub":arj4jukf said:
He's absolutely a star. Has superb skills with punching out the ball on completed passes, he also of course makes a lot of interceptions.

Really not looking forward to 2015 since we will most likely lose him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a year on par to Sherman in 2014. I think Sherman may get injured or this will be his last "prime" year. That's part of the reason I didn't wanna overpay Sherman, if he goes down with those big guarantees AND we lose Maxwell... Well game over to our legion of boom.

You're just a ray of sunshine on this webzone, er...website.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":181pw3ic said:
Tokadub":181pw3ic said:

You're just a ray of sunshine on this webzone, er...website.

'Dubs' rolled with legal, controlled weed aren't laced with the weird stuff. I highly recommend them, Tokadub. ;)

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tokadub":1azwvkbe said:

Lolwut

Tokadub

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong with Sherman getting injured next season or slowing down in the season after that. It's just a gut feeling. I'd say that having at least one of those two things happen is pretty dang likely. Hope I'm wrong though, I want us to win obviously...

I'd be amazed if we can keep Maxwell in 2015, which will be rough since he's about to have a monster season in my opinion.

Not sure what's so absurd about my post, perhaps you guys think Sherman is immune to injury and will continue to play to his current level in 2015 when he's nearing 28 years old?

Only time will tell :les:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Tokadub":1qgt75lb said:
I hope I'm wrong with Sherman getting injured next season or slowing down in the season after that. It's just a gut feeling. I'd say that having at least one of those two things happen is pretty dang likely. Hope I'm wrong though, I want us to win obviously...

I'd be amazed if we can keep Maxwell in 2015, which will be rough since he's about to have a monster season in my opinion.

Not sure what's so absurd about my post, perhaps you guys think Sherman is immune to injury and will continue to play to his current level in 2015 when he's nearing 28 years old?

It falls in line with every webzone analyst. The only argument they can come up with for Harvin is he won't play more than 4 games blah blah blah, even though before his ankle injury he played 56 out of 59 games.

Will Sherman get injured? Possible but the only place you see people actually predicting it is the same place wishing for it on the webzone. Personally I like their predictions. So far just about everyone has back fired and it is their players suffering the karma of their wishes. I would prefer no one gets injured but if it has to happen then happening to players of a fan base that constantly wish injury and even death of opposing teams players seems a much more fitting bit of karma.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Tokadub":hsma9c8d said:

So 28 years old is the new drop off age? Thanks, you never fail to educate.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
That means I've been falling apart for 37 years.

Seems 'bout right. :lol:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":2y897juk said:

Guess what? Maxwell is older than Sherman. Yet, somehow, Sherman's going to get injured/slow down while Maxwell is going to have a monster season?

Chalk this up to another idiot post of yours.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
The Hawks had plenty of injuries last year and Still won the Super Bowl. Time for a healthy season for the guys

kpak76

Reaction score
Tokadub":1w527xie said:

You seem like a butt hurt fan who has followed a losing team for years and is now scared that your great team will turn into a pumpkin at any moment. Relax, enjoy the ride that is this Seahawks team. We are setting up for a dynasty. Don't sit there and expect one of our difference makers to get hurt, its bad karma. If you do, keep that shit to yourself dude.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Semi off topic, but kinda on: I find it interesting that the only time the safeties come into play is when people are criticizing our corners. In the Sherman/Peterson battle, many Peterson proponents argued Sherman's success is partially contingent on the terror inspired by Earl and Kam. And this article mentions (rightly so and very objectively, it's a good artifle) that PFFs method for grading Maxwell could be impacted by the safeties. This bothers me. Are we the only team with safeties?! Nope. Are any other safeties as good as ours? I'd feel safe in saying no, but let's not do a disservice to them. Safety in general was a fairly unheralded position until lately. Frankly, I feel that Sherman, Maxwell, any of our DBs have always acknowledged that it's not one of them, it's the entire LOB.

Anyway, I get that there will always be one on one comparisons, but with the increased attention of DBs, it feels like people are constantly trying to pick the most important nail in the board, when they're all holding it to the wall. Rant aside, Maxwell is very good. Couldn't be happier.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
My personal opinion is that Maxwell is a systems CB. Sherman would shine anywhere, but Maxwell shines in our system. What Cian says about his technique is true, but what this article says and PFF has found is true too. Take Maxwell out of this system, it would expose his flaws. But they chose Maxwell because they wanted someone who FIT this system. He thrives as a Hawk even if he's not got the technical skills CB's need outside our system.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Put Maxwell in a man scheme and he would be fine. Put him in a zone and maybe I see your point. Thats the beauty of the Hawks scheme. There for the majority of it, is no scheme. Its line up and we are better than you. We dont disguise, run exotic blitzing schemes for the most part.