Seahawks Are 293-303 Lifetime in RS

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Another 13-3 season would push them to .500 after 39 years.

Seahawks are also 12-12 in Post-Season play. 1-1 in the Superbowl.

Batting .500 lifetime isn't as embarrassing as 49er fans love to paint our franchise history, especially considering that their meteoric rise in the 80's came after 36 years of similar turmoil.

The Golden Age of Seahawks football is just beginning (much like the 49ers' began in the '80's) and the team has much more winning to do. I'm not going to say Dynasty but it will be highly competitive affair; and the Seahawks have great promise to contend for future Championships as well as any team in the league for the forseeable future.

Go 'Hawks!

Vetamur

Reaction score
The Golden Age of Seahawk football for me starts in the Holmgren area and I think historically will be seen that way. Obviously different regimes and a bad two year transition, but the Holmgren years got the fans and owner and the team in all it's incarnations to expect success, it created a winning culture that continues obviously to this day. No more are Seahawk fans or media content with 8-8 as long as there are a couple of players in the Pro Bowl. I'm sure long time fans remember like I do the highlight of the post season being the Pro Bowl and getting to see Largent or Easley one more time before the off season.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Heh, I noticed that earlier this offseason. I remember looking through an NFL almanac of sorts several years ago and seeing how many games we were below .500. It was disheartening. But the solid Holmgren years cut into that in a big way, and the last two years have really brought us to the brink of reaching that milestone.

It's nice, though, that we weren't even further below... I guess that's the legacy of a ton of seasons that ended up in the 6-10 to 10-6 range. Seriously, in the 34 full, non-strike seasons that the team has played since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule, the Seahawks have finished outside the 6-10 to 10-6 range only 8 times (4-12 in 1980, 12-4 in 1984, 2-14 in 1992, 13-3 in 2005, 4-12 in 2008, 5-11 in 2009, 11-5 in 2012, and 13-3 in 2013).

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I liked the 80's!

First, not much was expected out the team so every time anything positive happened it was a BIG DEAL.
Second, for me again, it was a time when I first got to go to a game, I turned 21 and was able to join the pub/tavern Sunday crowds and we screamed and yelled and pounded the tables.

For me the 80's was golden!!