if you haven't done this yet, you should try it

Hawknballs

Reaction score
when I'm bored at home or work with some time to kill i just pick a team, and their active message boards, and read their Superbowl XLVIII game thread. It's like reliving the game from a different perspective every time.

Today it's the dallas cowboys:

"When you consider how the league has stacked the deck in favor of offenses, it is just a pleasure to watch a good defense."

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/superbow ... 85/page-11

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
seahawkslombardi.gif

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I have tried to find some of those but some are harder to find than others. If anyone finds one please slap a link up in this thread. The ones I have read have been pretty entertaining.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1nbfluwv said:
when I'm bored at home or work with some time to kill i just pick a team, and their active message boards, and read their Superbowl XLVIII game thread. It's like reliving the game from a different perspective every time.

Today it's the dallas cowboys:

"When you consider how the league has stacked the deck in favor of offenses, it is just a pleasure to watch a good defense."

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/superbow ... 85/page-11

Reading it now and the game just started. Best quote so far: "Sounds like Seattle brought the home crowd with them"

Perfundle

Reaction score
Hawknballs":wttjua3c said:
I've already done that and much more. I've read every team's message boards and blogs through the 10th page of Google search, as well as checked the forums and blogs of major college football teams, other professional sports teams (e.g. Sonics and Nuggets), other general sports boards, sports betting boards, and most time-consuming of all, the tens of thousands of comments on each of the four quarter-threads on reddit. The thread that was the most positive towards Seattle was on a relatively obscure Patriots site, here.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ynvuw4s said:
The official Broncos forum one is textual gold. Here's a link to the page the game starts on: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... cos/page34

Seriously, it's an orgasmic read. :snack:

And yet, I have to give a shout out to the Broncos fans on that forum. Even in the depths of their misery, apart from a handful of posts here and there, they never started wishing Seattle ill, cheering when Sherman and Chancellor got hurt, or anything like that. It stands in stark contrast to another board I could mention where there were multiple pages of posts from people who were hoping that Richard Sherman had suffered a career-ending injury.

Much respect to the Bronco fans on that board!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1gyyobi1 said:
And yet, I have to give a shout out to the Broncos fans on that forum. Even in the depths of their misery, apart from a handful of posts here and there, they never started wishing Seattle ill, cheering when Sherman and Chancellor got hurt, or anything like that. It stands in stark contrast to another board I could mention where there were multiple pages of posts from people who were hoping that Richard Sherman had suffered a career-ending injury.

Good to know because we all are aware of how that other board and fanbase is.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3hirt8gj said:
RolandDeschain":3hirt8gj said:
The official Broncos forum one is textual gold. Here's a link to the page the game starts on: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... cos/page34

Seriously, it's an orgasmic read. :snack:

A number of them did right in that very thread, both when Kam looked like he might be out and Sherman, though; so I'm not really sure what you're talking about? I mean, it's not like most of them screamed "YES!!!!!!" or anything, and definitely not like the classless Whiners fans, but...Meh.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
From the Cowboys thread:

Seattle Defense is good, but not that good. I joked about Denver making high school mistakes before earlier, but they REALLY look like a high school team in the SB right now.

Ahem.... actually they are. You just haven't been paying attention dumb Cowgirl fan. :D

and:

Must be nice being R Wilson you don't have to do a thing but still get all the credit.

Sometimes you just gotta shake your head. Wilson was on fire in the SB, throwing lasers, just on top of his game, ice in his veins. Then you read a comment like the one above.

Face_Palm.jpg

hawkfannj

Reaction score
That was just awesome !! Let's you appreciate what's going on with this team and how great it really is to be a 12 . Let the good times roll!!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd say my favorite was

"I will sell my ovaries to get a Defense like that in Dallas"

As to some of their fans saying our defense wasn't THAT good, and it was Denver being bad...well part of that landslide was Denver's inability to come back.

They play us up here next year. They're going to find out how good that defense is. I'd like to shut up about 3/4 of the NFL fanbase that aren't Hawks fans......let Sherman roam around and blanket Dez Bryant. That'll shut up the Sherman detractors as well as the defense detractors.

yes, I know we don't have to do it, but it would be somewhat gratifying.

Pstark3

Reaction score
"Couldn't agree more. The team just looked scared from the beginning. I can't wait until 10 years from now when it comes out that the whole Seattle team was hopped up on PEDs, and then they have to forfeit their championship. Mark my words. It will happen. Carroll is dirty, dirty, dirty. And I'm a USC fan... the program is a lot more classy and less shady after he left. Just wait. The same thing will happen to Seattle. Carroll cheats, cheats, cheats. That defensive to addicted to adderall big time."

welp

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Pstark3":2oztbpba said:
"Couldn't agree more. The team just looked scared from the beginning. I can't wait until 10 years from now when it comes out that the whole Seattle team was hopped up on PEDs, and then they have to forfeit their championship. Mark my words. It will happen. Carroll is dirty, dirty, dirty. And I'm a USC fan... the program is a lot more classy and less shady after he left. Just wait. The same thing will happen to Seattle. Carroll cheats, cheats, cheats. That defensive to addicted to adderall big time."

welp

I didn't know Tokadub posts there as well.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Didnt someone post a load of superbowl thread links? I can't seem to find said post but it was awesome.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
^ LOL!!
Mrs Manning: "Where are you son?"
PM: "Omaha..Mom. That's.....OMAHA.... I think. Damn should have gone silent count."