How long are morons gonna say LUCK > WILSON...??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Danny O'Neil said Luck was ahead of Wilson...

John Clayton said paraphrasing "Andrew Luck and Ben Roethlisberger could be considered rank 5 QB."... he now has Russell Rank 8 or 9 up from his totally ridiculous statement a few months ago where he ranked him like 12-14...

Clayton says "you make the graduation after 2 years... first year you kinda OK YOU DID GREAT, YOU KNOW HE'S GONNA DO IT. But I'd say top 8 or top 9"...

OK so it takes 2 years for Clayton to judge a QB but somehow Luck who also is in 2nd year is possibly rank 5 when Wilson is rank 8-9...

I didn't see the video or article but it sounds like almost all the NFL Network guys are putting Luck ahead of Wilson as well???

What the hell is the deal here? Wilson has outperformed Luck by a significant and vastly obvious margin... when in the hell are the med-IDIOTS gonna wake up and give Russell some credit???

We can't even get Seattle reporters to give Russell the nod over Luck? What the hell...

Completion Percentage:

Wilson: 63.6%
Luck: 57%

Yards Per Attempt:

Wilson: 8.1
Luck: 6.8

Touch Downs:

Wilson: 52
Luck: 46

Interceptions:

Wilson: 19
Luck: 27

Touchdown/Interception Ratio:

Wilson: 2.74 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)
Luck: 1.70 (if he continues at this rate he'll be tied for rank 15th ALL TIME behind guys like Tony Romo, McNabb, Matt Ryan, Jeff Garcia, Ben Roethlisberger, and several other guys I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF...)

Source: http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-tdintratio

Touch Down Percentage:

Wilson: 6.5%
Luck: 3.8%

Passer Rating:

Wilson: 100.6 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)
Luck: 81.5 (if he continues at this rate he'll be tied for rank 44th ALL TIME behind guys like Tony Romo, Philip Rivers, McNabb, Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan, Jeff Garcia, Ben Roethlisberger, Andy Dalton, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, EVEN OUR VERY OWN MATT HASSELBECK and MANY other guys I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF... he's virtually tied with Eli Manning who for his career has a below 60% completion percentage and barely more touchdowns than interceptions 229 TD/171 Interceptions = 1.33 touchdown/interception ratio...)

Source: http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-rating

Rushing Yards:

Wilson: 1,028
Luck: 632

Career Record:

Wilson: 12-6, 16-3 = 28-9
Luck: 11-6, 12-6 = 23-12

Win %:

Wilson: 75.7%
Luck: 65.7%

Super Bowl Victories:

Wilson: 1
Luck: 0

Looking at these comparisons I don't see how it's even debatable... Russell Wilson IS better than Andrew Luck at this stage of their careers end of story.

I have some theories why everyone's praising Luck even though he's blatantly being outperformed, but it's too distracting and disgusting to mention and would only detract from my obvious conclusion here:

WILSON > LUCK

I'm tired of these idiot media clowns saying otherwise with no logical or statistical explanation or evidence other than he throws a few less passes per game... :141847_bnono:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
It being 2014 and caring one iota what Clayton or O'niel have to say...

I believe NFL players voted Wilson over Luck in the Top 100 players of 2014... all you need to know.

McG

Reaction score
But Luck does everything! Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that he was crowned the next coming before he even played a snap in the NFL. Lets not get started on RGIII... I'd rather see him go sell sandwiches than play football.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I like Andrew Luck, he's going to be a long term Franchise QB. I'd be happy to have him or Wilson.

Wilson is a victim of Seattle's success, the run first o and the notion that defence wins championships. He's an important part of the jigsaw for those understand the Seahawks but for outsiders you can sort of understand why they don't see him as an important cog. Luck is arguably the Colt's most important player whereas you could argue Wilson isnt for the 'hawks. It's this perception that skews his ranking imho. A bit like the argument that Sherman isnt the best CB in the league because Thomas is the best DB in Seattle and his making Sherm's job easier.

Wilson's time will come, at some point they won't be able to deny him any more.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Game manager, blah blah blah.

I kinda like it when they say stuff like that. For one thing, RW is just going to prove them wrong, so eventually they will have hoof in mouth and egg on face, and I enjoy seeing them squirm.

But I really like it when opposing fans say that kind of stuff. It shows they either aren't paying attention or are in denial, and that sets them up for a fall later. And I enjoy watching the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

TXHawk

Reaction score
You can quote stats all day to Luck supporters and you'll never make the slightest headway with them. Their arguments are based on subjective claims and imaginary scenarios rather than real world results. As far as they are concerned Luck "carries" his team while Wilson doesn't and if their teams were reversed Luck would have won the Super Bowl while Wilson would have struggled with the Colts. It doesn't matter that none of that is provable they simply believe it to be true.

Also a lot of the old school media and team executives just can't get past the height issue. There has never been a quarterback as short as Wilson who has had anywhere his type of success so many are still looking for ways to attribute that success to other factors, i.e. the Seahawks defense and running game. To them he must be a product of Carroll's system and the players surrounding him because he's too short to be having this type of success otherwise.

Wilson has always had an uphill battle to prove himself because of his height and that hasn't changed. As long as he keeps producing at a high level and winning he'll eventually force his detractors to come around or make them look small minded and foolish.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Yeah I understand the argument that our team is so good that we could theoretically rely on Wilson less. But let's not forget that we are in the same division with arguably the 2nd best team in the League the 49ers.

So you really can't say with a straight face "Yeah Wilson is good but Seahawks could win a Super Bowl without him."

The 49ers were 12-4, very close to taking our home field advantage. If that happens I'm not sure we even get to the Superbowl even though I think we are the better team.

The truth is that our offensive line is so terrible that Wilson HAS TO PUT THE TEAM ON HIS SHOULDERS TO AVOID MULTIPLE LOSSES. No matter how good our defense is without Wilson's elite ability to make plays in clutch situations there's no way we would have gone 13-3.

I am in the process of re-watching all of our games from last season. Even in the first 5 games that I've watched so far it is 100% clear that Wilson is carrying our team when we need him most.

Week 1 vs Carolina he throws for a career high 320 yards with 75.8% completion percentage and 115.7 passer rating. We win 13-7 in a game we were trailing with less than 11 minutes in the 4th quarter. Not to mention our offensive line was TERRIBLE that game. Also a game where we ran the ball 26 times for a total of 70 yards... that's 2.7 yards per carry. Without Wilson's phenomenal performance we should have lost that game.

Week 4 vs Texans... my goodness... I can't believe how they were shredding our defense throughout 80% of the game. According to the commentators their coach scripts 15 plays for both the first and second half... well it worked and I'm surprised more teams didn't try to copy their game plan when facing us later in the season.

JJ Watt was a completely scary animal even with his .5 sacks they were blowing our offensive line up like a light saber through butter.

At half time we were down 3-20... that score remained until less than 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter where we reached 6-20...

We started a critical 4th quarter drive down 6-20 on the 1 yard line with 99 yards to go...

In this crucial situation where we are seemingly doomed to lose what does Wilson do? An amazing pass to Baldwin and an even more amazing tippy-toe catch on the sideline (very similar to Baldwins clutch catch against Carolina). Then Wilson ran a 1 first down for 25 yards.

We were still down 6-20 with less than 9 minutes left in the game. During this drive we had multiple penalties... Kearse got pass interference on an amazing touch down throw from Wilson, the result? We are now 1st and 20... Tate gets screwed on some defensive pass interference non-call... then Wilson runs for 13 yards... 3rd and 7 now... Baldwin makes 1st down catch.

Another flag, offensive false start... 1st and 15... Wilson gets sacked because our offensive line can't handle JJ Watt and Texan pressure, Carpenter watches Mercilus run right by him like a fat boy eating ice cream when he inexcusably double teams the edge rush and lets the middle man run untouched for an easy sack. Wilson has been sacked 4 times now 2nd and 24... Wilson runs for 11 yards 3rd and 13... Throws to Tate but short of first down... 4th and 3rd... the next play...

Commentators say "Russell Wilson has it HE'S Under Pressure.... HEEEEE... SOMEHOW GETS PAST THE STICKS THAT'S AMAZING!!! It looked like he had nowhere to go!"

Lynch scores like a bawler, and then Sherman intercepts like a boss... so we get to overtime in a situation when we are down 6-20 with less than 8 minutes left in the game. We ultimately win in overtime.

Drunken Conclusion: Even in the first 5 games Wilson had to pull off some incredible and more importantly CLUTCH performances for our wins vs Carolina and the Texans. Yes he did have the help of his team but even watching the first 5 games you can see that Wilson did some phenomenal things. I personally think other QB's would of gotten destroyed with how bad our offensive line was at this time. During this stretch we were at times missing Unger and Okung.

Against the Texans our offensive line was (shudder) Paul McQuistan, James Carpenter, Lemuel JeanPierre, J.R. Sweezy, Michael Bowie... and yet Russell Wilson finds a way to win even in a game where our offensive line couldn't stop a newborn turtle and we faced numerous crazy penalties putting us in insanely bad situations.

I expect this trend to continue in all of our numerous close games, Russell Wilson is a clutch player who has "IT" he just simply wins games. If you simply watch all the Seahawks games I simply don't understand how you could rate Wilson below Luck.

My best guess is that most the med-IDIOTS don't watch all our games fully they just look at the box scores and other stats... if you watch the games you know Wilson is better than Luck.

The sad thing is that EVEN IF YOU LOOK AT THE DANG STATS Wilson is STILL BETTER THAN LUCK!!! So there's just no excuse.

I think Wilson deserves consideration for the top 5... my list would be like this if you are including past performances, history, super bowls, and potential. I have Rodgers edging out Brady and Manning due to his ridiculously nutty Passer rating (#1 all time 104.9) and touchdown/interception ratio (#1 all time 3.62).

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady
3) Peyton Manning
4) Drew Brees
5) Russell Wilson

Wilson will begin to climb this list next season as he continues to improve while proving his greatness and the others continue to decline. I expect Wilson to be #1 or #2 someday (soon).

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Tokeadub I totally agree with your unmentioned assumption as to why, but you're right, we'll just leave it alone. After 35 years in this country... Hell, on this PLANET, I think I know EXACTLY why at least a few of these media a$$hat 'professionals' STILL continue to say that silly mess. Saul Goode tho, Russ will continue to shine and bring back the shiny football trophy to the PNW, so eff 'em. I will just take solace in the fact that the kid balls for MY (OUR) squad and leave the bs commentary in perspective. Be forewarned tho, this time next year we will have to endure the "Johnny Football is the greatest QB drafted in the last decade!" talk, even when the Browns struggle to crack .500 every year for the next few seasons.

The talks with my grandpa about his years as a' sharecropper' and Pullman Porter gave me GREAT insight as to how we have to work 3 times harder than others to gain even a modicum of respect. And all of that hard work payed off as he went on to become one of the FIRST Black men to work in the UW Chemistry lab!

So, once again, eff 'em! PROFUSELY!

chrispy

Reaction score
When RW gets his big contract, then everyone will have an easy way to rank him. He doesn't fit the norm so it's just easier to rank him lower. He's a low round pick making peanuts. Once he's making elite money, we'll see quotes like, "Pete knew all along that he'd have to pay Wilson like a top tier talent. He's played like the best QB in the game so now they have to pay him like one." ... again, because that's easy reporting.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I think all the local reporters just don't want to seem like homers. They know deep down inside Wilson's having a far more impressive career after two years.

Let's not forget Wilson plays in the superior conference in the toughest division in the NFL while on the flip side Luck plays in the weakest division.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Well, the NFL players voted and said that he was a top 5 QB and ahead of Luck. That is way more validation than any talking head.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I remember in 2011 when TJack was the starting QB. He was playing through pain and the locker room loved the guy. In that regard, I had a lot of respect for him but I always knew he was not ever going to be an elite starting QB after watching him play for Minnesota(remember, I live in Michigan and they mainly televise all NFC North games). TJ was just a stop gap. I remember seeing the D develop that season, and recall saying that all Seattle needed was a really good QB. Then came the 2012 draft. When Seattle drafted Wilson, I will admit that I didn't know who he was. I am sure I would have if I was a Spartan fan but I am a Wolverine fan. There was a game vs MSU that Wilson lit it up and since I don't care about MSU so much, I didn't witness it. Anyways, after that 3rd round pic, my brother(who is a huge collegiate fan) calls me and says Seattle just got the steal of the draft. Remember this website during the 2011 season? Suck for Luck?
Then came the 2012 regular season and the games vs GB and NE. I began to wonder if this was our answer. By halfway through the season, I was convinced that Russell was special. I was so confident that last season was going to be HUGE.
WAS IT EVER! I really hope that the OL gets better because Wilson is a great pocket passer IMO.
44 sacks and he still pulls out wins? That is a GREAT QB!
Andrew Luck is an extremely talented young QB himself. Let's not kid ourselves. Russell has proven to be better. So what if the media is in love with Luck? I don't care, I know what we got and wouldn't trade for any QB in the league.

Riley12

Reaction score
If other teams fans care about the Seahawks as much as I care about every other team in the NFL, then they have seen him for some/most of the NFCCG and then the Super Bowl up until 12 seconds into the second half. What they would see and possibly remember is so much different than what we have seen time and again.

For instance - Before reading through the OP, I couldn't tell you one good thing about Andrew Luck. To me, he is a neck-bearded doofus who somehow went to the playoffs with the Colts and then, as I expected, lost. That's it. He could be the greatest QB of his generation and I would neither care about it nor appreciate it because I only care about one team and one team only.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Luck took at team who was zero wins into a perennial playoff contender all by himself. He has no running game to help him in PA situations, he has no defence. He has to drum up the team success all by himself.

While Wilson's statistics may be better, I'd still take Luck.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
IIRC, RW had 5 come from behind late game wins last season, without those 5 wins where would the Seahawks be? That's nearly 1/3 of all the regular season games. If that's not "carrying" the team and "putting the team on his back"
what is?

I understand Luck, IIRC had 6 come from behind wins, but the difference is with Luck in several of those games, they were behind because of Lucks interceptions and poor play earlier in those games (even though he was playing against lesser defenses than the Seahawks). Luck is a good QB, but IMO he is very much overrated at this point in his career.

Seafan

Reaction score
You have to ask yourself why it's important to you. What difference does it make who thinks who is better?

If people feel that Luck can make throws easier from the pocket than Wilson why do you care?

Ultimately whether a player gets into the Hall is going to be the real test. Super Bowls and stats are going to be the biggest factors in determining that. Since they are both young and their careers shouldn't finish for a long time it's going to be a while before history judges them. I could care less if RW makes it into the Hall. I am interested in how many championships the Hawks can win. Is Luck going to get more money than RW. Probably. And I think that's good for the Hawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The more important question is "when are morons gonna stop taking Luck > Wilson as a personal attack or crime against humanity?"

Hawkpower

Reaction score
lukerguy":1ya3f0a5 said:
Luck took at team who was zero wins into a perennial playoff contender all by himself. He has no running game to help him in PA situations, he has no defence. He has to drum up the team success all by himself.

While Wilson's statistics may be better, I'd still take Luck.

That Indy team was not a zero win team, talent wise. Suck for Luck.

Nor is the current Indy team ALL Luck. They have some talented players over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.