20 best players of the 2000s

The Outfield

Reaction score
If that's true, I'm not going to click and give them ad revenue.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Very interesting that they would have Hutch over Walt. I'd love to know their determining factor... Walt's injuries? Make no mistake, Hutch was an absolute beast. Walt is and always will be the man, but I am not stunned by this. Was Walt a better LT than Hutch was a guard? Despite Walt's incredible numbers (9 holds total) I can't say he was clearly better than Hutch (once I put the bias aside). I'd be more inclined to call them equally awesome.

Basis4day

Reaction score
HawkWow":en56d3w5 said:
Very interesting that they would have Hutch over Walt. I'd love to know their determining factor... Walt's injuries? Make no mistake, Hutch was an absolute beast. Walt is and always will be the man, but I am not stunned by this. Was Walt a better LT than Hutch was a guard? Despite Walt's incredible numbers (9 holds total) I can't say he was clearly better than Hutch (once I put the bias aside). I'd be more inclined to call them equally awesome.

Probably the fact that Hutch was a 7x All-Pro to Jones' 6. But Hutch wasn't competing for the Top O-Lineman with Ogden and Pace at the time.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Basis4day":1y70bfrh said:
HawkWow":1y70bfrh said:

Probably the fact that Hutch was a 7x All-Pro to Jones' 6. But Hutch wasn't competing for the Top O-Lineman with Ogden and Pace at the time.

I think an argument can be made that both were the greatest of all time at their respective positions. Those were the days, my friend (Ruskell thought they'd never end).

I am hopeful they used more than just number of PB appearances. That would be too easy, if not rather shallow. Walt dominated with technique and did so rather quietly. Hutch was a monster that loved to create (inflict) catastrophe. I can't think of many linemen that played with Hutch's intensity or that I'd rather watch play the game.

There was a period when Hutch was my favorite player in the league. I doubt many guards enjoyed such status. He was to linemen what Lynch is to RBs.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Six of the top seven are offensive players, and there is not one single defensive lineman on the list (yet there are four quarterbacks and five wide receivers). The list is just dumb. Jason Taylor had 104 sacks during that ten year run, was a first team all-pro three times and went to the Pro Bowl six times. He's left off the list but Priest Holmes, who had a total of three great seasons, and total mediocrity otherwise, makes the list? Sorry but no.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning Holmes. It seems forever I've been trying to think of who Sankey most reminds me of. Bishop = Priest, IMO.