Custom Nike Elite Jersey

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm ready to order my custom Nike elite away jersey...Where is the place to go? I want to make sure I am getting the quality jersey not what the NFL Shop sells... (I hear the Pro Shop has the quality jerseys and the ones the NFL Pro Shop has are horrible)...Any help would be appreciated!

pmedic920

Reaction score
My last one came from the proshop. It's fine. Remember however( as far as I know) no matter where you order it, it will not have double stitched numbers.
The blank elite jersey is from the same place as any elite. And the way I understand things, the custom work is not done at the blank factory, it's done where ever you place the order. Either way I'm happy with mine. I knew going in that the stitching would be diff than a factory elite. Ve7y7u5u

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
after buying 2 of them, my best advice would be to go to the pro shop on fourth avenue, they send the custom jerseys out to have them manually sewn by the same person that is used for the seahawks team

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
It's worth the trip to the Pro Shop, assuming they still have the same place do the stitching on the Nike Elites that did the Reebok Authentics. The Reebok Authentics were way better from the Pro Shop than any other source because they sent them to the same place that does the team's jerseys.

The big difference was the letters on the nameplate were the same as the players', unlike the smaller ones from other places.

Don't know if you ordered from the Pro Shop website it would be the same as calling or going down there, because they are obviously part of the Fanatics website now.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, that's my question...Can I order online through the team shop or do I need to go in person and would there be a difference?

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
I would go down in person. Explain you want the DOUBLE STITCHING and not the fake silkscreened gray/brown stitching that NFLshop.com is using.

Go to the 4th and Pike store.

When I was down there trying to explain what NFLshop.com had sent and what I wanted the gal showed me the actual double stitching on the jerseys.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
my son's post on reddit:

I'm posting this because I'm hoping that more people are aware of an issue going on with NFLShop, and I imagine a lot of people on Reddit are die hard football fans and would want to know. I've included the images below so you can view them.
I ordered a Seahawks Elite, personalized jersey on October 22nd, 2012.
Upon receiving the jersey I immediately noticed the numbers on my jersey were not the twill fabric described on the site, nor did they match the numbers of the Elite 51 jerseys at the Pro Shop at Century Link Field.
The numbers on my jersey are a stiff, plastic material, and are stitched onto the jersey one time. Additionally, the silver, feathered part of the numbers is not twill (fabric) like the Elite 51 jerseys at the Pro Shop. If you purchase one you'll notice that the numbers are so cheaply made that they included an image of stitching on the silver part, which isn't even the way the "official" Elite jerseys are made, or offered at the Pro Shop.
I've called NFL Shop Customer Support more than five times now, and while they've been more than accommodating with the return, I keep being told: "these numbers are SUBLIMINATED TWILL" not premium twill.
Then why advertise it as twill? Why create an expectation that we're getting what is being worn on the field when we're not?
The first time I was told I'd have another jersey sent to me and my order price would be refunded. I called back November 13th, and was told that I'd need to ship back my "damaged" jersey, and they'd send me another one. After requesting to speak to a supervisor I was told that she would get in touch with the manufacturer to see what the issue is with the numbers being sewn on to the Elite 51 jerseys, and if it's intended to be this way.
To be noted - my father also ordered a personalized Elite jersey and received the same lettering type, so this isn't a one time issue.
The rest of the jersey is top notch - the materials are quality and everything else is up to spec, however, the numbers feel like the "Premier", $100 stitched Reebok jerseys that were offered by the NFL in the past. These numbers would permanently crease if they were bent too much, and I have a feeling that's what these will do. $300, huh?
I don't know if this is a manufacturer issue or if this is the NFL taking a short cut, but for $300 I want my jersey to be the EXACT jerseys worn on the field, not Elite 51 with the exception of cheap, plastic numbers in which a shortcut was clearly taken.
I'm incredibly disappointed, not only for receiving a jersey that isn't what is being advertised by the league themselves, but that NFLShop couldn't care less. I'm worried that a LOT of fans of not only the Seahawks, but other teams, may have been fleeced by this, and it's completely unacceptable. Why pay $300 for a jersey when it's not a true, Elite 51 jersey?
If you want a jersey that's actually Elite 51 down to the numbers, do not order from NFL Shop. Wait until they get this whole fiasco figured out, or order the jersey from the Pro Shop of the team you're affiliated with.
The images are all you need to see.
I apologize if this is a bit excessive, but I hope this gains traction - we're (Seahawks fans, maybe more?) being ripped off and no one at NFLShop seems to care as long as they're counting money. They'll offer to refund the jersey from the one person that notices, but the one refund for every 100 they sell won't matter. Hopefully if NFLShop gets a rash of calls and/or refunds they'll take this a little more serious. CHECK YOUR JERSEYS!
Image gallery: http://imgur.com/a/QwTIa#6AdWJ
The first two images are the jerseys offered at the ProShop at CenturyLink Field in Seattle. The second two are of the jersey I received from NFLShop advertised as "Elite". I've also included images of both my NFLShop.com receipt as well as the email from them explaining that it's not the twill numbers they advertise on the jersey listing on their site.
I've added a link to the Seahawks Elite jersey on NFLShop.com - notice how it says "premium twill numbers"? (Under Additional Details). I addressed the issue of them advertising them as twill when I've been told by a support rep that they're using "subliminated twill". They have no answer. I was told "it'll be updated soon". That was three weeks ago. They'll keep the listing as twill when it's clearly not, and they'll keep charging $300 for a jersey that I wouldn't pay $100 for. Not with those numbers.
NFLShop listing: http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.js ... &cp=716699
Edit: I've had a couple people ask what the best way to contact NFLShop is. I've emailed [email protected], and more effectively, called the tier two customer support number where you can leave a voicemail and have a tier two rep call you back. As far as I know, this number isn't readily given out (I could be wrong).
That number is 1-866-533-3467. Leave a voicemail here and a manager will call you at their convenience.
TLDR: Ordered a customized, Elite jersey from NFLShop.com that was supposed to have "premium twill numbers", jersey arrived with hard, plastic, non-twill numbers. NFLShop Customer Support admits they're supposed to be "subliminated twill", but won't change the listing on NFLShop and continues to charge $300 for what's supposed to be worn on the field but isn't. Other fans who have customized "Elite" jerseys may not be noticing this. If you have one and it has the cheap, plastic numbers, you're owed a refund. We shouldn't be paying $300 for jerseys that aren't as advertised, nor the quality worn on the field.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the exclamation mark! This smacks of people who think NFL football fans are generally lower IQ, beer-swillin' bafoons who would never know the difference in quality of a jersey.

I'm thankful that I asked about this as I knew my 12 brethren would help me out.

I will make sure I go down to the Pro Shop in person to order my custom elite. Thanks again and SHAME ON YOU NFL SHOP!

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Amazing information to share, thank you, as this offseason i was going to be purchasing a new customized ELITE jersey. Are you saying that I should go directly to the team pro shop at century link to place my order (directly through the seahawks) to get the real deal, through seahawks.com proshop, as opposed to nfl.com ?

dracolich81

Reaction score
Stay away from Nflshop.com.
I ordered a custom elite from there about a year ago and was totally disappointed and ended up getting a full refund.

Issues I had:

- As everyone here has said, single stitched numbers with lame "fake stitch marks" on the numbers.
- The nike swoosh logos on the shoulders are not stitched in, they are basically a sticker.
- The 12 tribal logos around the collar started cracking after 1 wash (Delicate, hang dry)

After that experience I only order from the Pro Shop...

kmeleon

Reaction score
So being an across country fan who's been waiting to order an Elite jersey, can I order from the Pro Shop site and still get the top quality double stitched jersey?

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
kmeleon":2st9ixpy said:
So being an across country fan who's been waiting to order an Elite jersey, can I order from the Pro Shop site and still get the top quality double stitched jersey?

If it matters to those spending $300.00 + on a custom jersey, here is my best advice:
If you are close enough make an in person trip to the 4th Ave. store. NOT THE C.LINK PRO SHOP.
Go to the 4th Ave store and order it in person.
Out of state I would call the 4th Ave. store and tell them what you want. (Twill numbers, DOUBLE stitched numbers) I'm sure you can place a mail order through the 4th Ave store.

Maybe explain that as you understand it, the 4th Ave store recognizes the differences in the REAL elite and the ones nflshop.com is peddling.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I bought my Elite jersey from a Chinese website and I'm very happy with it. I hope to be a fan of the Seattel Seahorks for a long time.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":81g62s29 said:
I bought my Elite jersey from a Chinese website and I'm very happy with it. I hope to be a fan of the Seattel Seahorks for a long time.
That made me bust out laughing! Thanks for that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":qh37anh1 said:
Hahaha, win.

RyPants

Reaction score
Seriously, though, has anyone successfully custom ordered a jersey from either Pro Shop location and successfully had it come back double stitched? I've called both shops in the last two days and was underwhelmed by their assurances (which is to say that neither knew what I was talking about).

Unfortunately for me I'm too far away to check in person. Any pearls of wisdom?

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
My son has his wolf gray elite double stitched. I believe he purchased his at the 4th ave. store.

If I still worked in Seattle I would volunteer to go in person, but I was moved a few months ago.

RyPants

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":92ucaetb said:
My son has his wolf gray elite double stitched. I believe he purchased his at the 4th ave. store.

If I still worked in Seattle I would volunteer to go in person, but I was moved a few months ago.

You, sir, are a good man. Thanks for the info.

daveCFPrez

Reaction score
I will double check with him and post a follow up. (just to make sure)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Do The Pro Shop. They use the same people who stitch the actual player's jerseys. The numbers I noticed also are a little bigger than the ones that come from NFLshop.

Yes, mine is double stitched. It's a Lynch, but I bought it at the beginning of 2012 when the only Elites available were actually custom elites.

the End