Steve Largent Hit - Entire Sequence

RiverDog

Reaction score
That play happened right in front of me, and I recognized the significance of it immediately. Hardin had knocked out Largent in their previous meeting that season, a hit over which he was fined. Largent had a great quote following the game, volunteering to pay him back his fine money.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RiverDog":1mwz82ea said:
That play happened right in front of me, and I recognized the significance of it immediately. Hardin had knocked out Largent in their previous meeting that season, a hit over which he was fined. Largent had a great quote following the game, volunteering to pay him back his fine money.
Was at that game too, Like XLVIII, I can watch that play over and over and over again! :lol:

halfrack

Reaction score
Oh! That was so pretty, so pretty. Every single time I see it. It keeps getting prettier!

byau

Reaction score
Watched it back then with older brother and dad and we went cuuhhhhraaazeeeee

SilNWest

Reaction score
I vote that we post this vid at least once a month. I wasn't around to see this play live, but my god is it beautiful. :th2thumbs:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Steve Largent should have been on the LOB!

ivotuk

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have seen that on TV. I remember jumping up and yelling "That wasn't retaliation!" I've got your back Largent :)

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Was supposed to be at the game but my mom was having issues with a pregnancy so we didnt make it up there but I remember it like it was yesterday!

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Here's the Harden hit on Largent, with much better quality (albeit zoomed-in) on both plays:

[youtube]8nlHt5TtWPw[/youtube]

HawkWow

Reaction score
I find it as difficult to call that play better than BeastQuake...just as I find it difficult to call BeastQuake better than that play. Regardless, top 3 all time Hawk play, IMO.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1to0ms7h said:
RiverDog":1to0ms7h said:
Was at that game too, Like XLVIII, I can watch that play over and over and over again! :lol:

I was there too. I was SOOOOO drunk because it was one of the earlier presentations of a Sunday night game and we tailgated a few blocks from the stadium, watching both the day games in lawn chairs out of the back of a Suburban under a portable shelter. By the time we walked our way in I was literally cross-eyed drunk, but I remember just KILLING the Donks that night. The dome was just out of control after that hit.

We ended up passing out behind the Taco Bell on 4th because it was not safe to drive. I was on leave in the Navy through Xmas and even after getting back the guys in San Diego were talking about that Largent hit.

That was a fun year as I was able to watch the following Raiders game amongst 12s (crazy game) but the playoff game against Cincinnati was on New Years Eve. I was still vomit level hungover on the plane ride back to NTC San Diego 3 days later. Ahh.. the good ol' days.