America's Game - Seahawks. Who would you want to comment?

drdiags

Reaction score
So I am going to assume that a Seahawks version of America's game is coming out sometime prior to the regular season. I've been looking forward to one of these for the Seahawks for quite awhile. Figured it was going to be Holmgren, Hasselbeck and Alexander if XL had ended the way I wanted it to.

I could imagine this will have Pete, Wilson and Sherman, maybe Smith replacing Sherman? Anyway, if it was up to me, I would like the following 3 to tell the story of the season:

Red Bryant
Mike Robinson
Marshawn Lynch

Who would be your top 3 story tellers?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
drdiags":13ylgkop said:
So I am going to assume that a Seahawks version of America's game is coming out sometime prior to the regular season. I've been looking forward to one of these for the Seahawks for quite awhile. Figured it was going to be Holmgren, Hasselbeck and Alexander if XL had ended the way I wanted it to.

I could imagine this will have Pete, Wilson and Sherman, maybe Smith replacing Sherman? Anyway, if it was up to me, I would like the following 3 to tell the story of the season:

Red Bryant
Mike Robinson
Marshawn Lynch

Who would be your top 3 story tellers?

Nice way to mix it up. But I am pretty sure it will be Pete, Russell and Sherm.

chris98251

Reaction score
Those three would be great if it was uncensored and Lynch could tell it in his own words.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Red
Pete
Marshawn

In order to "do things better than they have ever been done before", I wouldn't limit it to three.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Any of those would be good, but my list would have to include at least Robinson.

Captain

Reaction score
Hawks46":3uo5yszl said:
Any of those would be good, but my list would have to include at least Robinson.

Except he wasn't on the team the whole year....

Hawks46

Reaction score
Captain":33fb58tc said:
Hawks46":33fb58tc said:

Except he wasn't on the team the whole year....

So ? He was on the team from mini camps all the way through preseason. Then halfway through the season until the end. He has perspective from last year as well, which is common knowledge that last year was building up to this year. There are teams like the Falcons who's season didn't live up to the expectations, but ours seque'd nicely. I think he'd be great, and he has more personality than most guys on the team.

He also might be able to get Lynch to comment on it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I could definitely see Mike Rob being featured. His is a great story of perseverance last year: the veteran fullback who experienced a life-threatening illness then was brought back and won a Super Bowl. Combine that storyline with his broadcasting skills and he'd be a very logical choice.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Mike Rob would be excellent, he got here in 2010 when all this was being built plus all the other things mentioned. Michael Robinson has gotta be one.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I cannot remember an episode of America's Game where they interview non-famous/pro bowl players. It's always Tom Brady, or Warren Sapp. Names known nationwide.

As much as I would love for them to interview Big Red, Mrob, etc. I just don't see it happening.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Meh... Too soon to do the show in my opinion. Time builds prospective. A story about our superbowl team should wait until it has seasoned a bit.

Just my opinion.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'd love for them to do something like that. But it will most likely contain at least 2 of Sherman Wilson and Carroll

OP
OP
drdiags

drdiags

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1jet8ed3 said:
Meh... Too soon to do the show in my opinion. Time builds prospective. A story about our superbowl team should wait until it has seasoned a bit.

Just my opinion.

But they always do it before the next season starts. Maybe I am missing something, but as far as I can remember, every recent Superbowl winner that had one of these done on them, it was produced prior to the next season. Not a few years after.

Am I wrong? I don't think the team gets a choice of when the documentary is made, again, maybe there is more to it than I think?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Well I am sure that's the case doc. Just giving my opinion. When they first started doing those shows it was about older players and older teams. I guess they are doing them right away cause they are running out of history to talk about? To me its kinda weird to do a show that chronicles our superbowl season when it's still fresh in one's mind. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure the show will be cool and of course I'll watch.

halfrack

Reaction score
Heck, I want it to be Pete, Sherm and Russell. That's exactly who I want to hear from.