Training Camp

skater18000

Reaction score
So training camp transportation tickets sold out in minutes. Many of us who wanted to go, probably missed out on the opportunity. A few years back, I went to one of the practices and I talked to a guy that goes to every practice every year and he says he just drives near the VMAC and walk in. Does anyone else do that? Do they check you at the entrance or not?

ManBunts

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":tzpspboc said:
Just what we need to do, promote this to the masses...

Well in this case "the masses" is the website, and we're all fans here, I wouldn't lament it quite so much.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
skater18000":1zbt9zoo said:
So training camp transportation tickets sold out in minutes. Many of us who wanted to go, probably missed out on the opportunity. A few years back, I went to one of the practices and I talked to a guy that goes to every practice every year and he says he just drives near the VMAC and walk in. Does anyone else do that? Do they check you at the entrance or not?

There was no one looking for tickets/wristbands (although we had wristbands). Technically the ticket you pay for is the "transportation fee". So if you found somewhere to park (parking sucks) and walked over, I'm sure you'll have no problem getting in. Heck there is a bike trail going straight there, so if you want, bike over, lock your bike, and you're in.

darksidedesign

Reaction score
I'm gonna be in town next week and I'm seriously considering doing this. Anyone have any info that would help? Are they checking for wristbands this year? Anyone have a couple extras for Tuesday the 12th they feel like sharing?

chrispy

Reaction score
They were checking wristbands last week when I went. It wasn't anything that was formal and no one was being really careful, but they did have someone posted at the fence entrance. I would think that you could get in with a crowd. You could carry a bunch of stuff over your arm. You could hang out in the SportsAuthority store area until no one's looking. All that said, there's still risk. You could get there and not be allowed to enter. I didn't see anyone get turned away. We did, however, pass through 2 spots where there was a staff member saying, "let me see your wristbands."

darksidedesign

Reaction score
I do have my wristband from a couple years ago. It's a kelly green color.
What color are they this year? Does the color vary by day?

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Both days I went they were checking wrist bands and the wristbands were different colors each day.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
darksidedesign":6v4xc5if said:

Hummm...it's not looking good for you. How adapt are you at jumping fences?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Bigpumpkin":3t2viopm said:
darksidedesign":3t2viopm said:

Hummm...it's not looking good for you. How adapt are you at jumping fences?

Piece of cake.

[youtube]BR7dYVtT5Kw[/youtube]