ESPN is just trolling Seattle now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Now an article about how New England's secondary is better than the Legion of Boom.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/ ... hawks-2014

This is kind of getting hilarious. We are becoming the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I'm excited for the next article, "Why the 2013-14 Season was an Illusion and Didn't Actually Happen," by Jeffri Chadiha.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Haters gunna' hate.
That's me new attitude about this kind of stuff.
I'm sure I lost a few years off my life over getting pissed off.
Haters gunna' hate.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
42924-haters-gonna-hate-fat-kid-gif-VHex.gif

HawkWow

Reaction score
Such slights bother me much less with a championship on our books. Just understand these guys write for a living and believe about half of what they write. Reporting Seattle has the league's best secondary won't get him many hits.

The Hawks are old news, now. A compliment in it's own right.

CHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":354470l4 said:
Such slights bother me much less with a championship on our books. Just understand these guys write for a living and believe about half of what they write. Reporting Seattle has the league's best secondary won't get him many hits.

Old News? We arrived to the promise land, problem is that we are the only ones believing we will be back. :mrgreen:

kearly

Reaction score
Joyner could probably build a house with all the hate mail he will get from that one. Partly because he deserves it, but mostly because Seahawks fans very much live up to their reputation for being... how to put it nicely... "easily mobilized."

I don't think Joyner is an idiot, no idiot would be capable of some of his excellent NFL draft articles from the past few years. But yeah, judging a secondary that haven't even played a game together yet based on the sum of its parts is a bad idea, doubly so for secondaries that were built on splashy FA additions. Remember all the hype for Tampa's secondary last year?

Browner might still be a useful player. Revis may be an insecure egomaniac but he's as good as they say. Rightly or wrongly, McCourty was PFF's #1 safety in 2013.

But even the sum of all parts argument is pretty dumb anyway, considering that Patrick Chung has been one of their starting safeties.

Seattle has very precise parts to fit their cover 3 scheme. I don't know if the Patriots are going to copy Seattle's scheme or not. If they aren't using the same cover 3 scheme as us this year, I don't see how they could copy Seattle's extremely high success level. If they do copy the scheme, do they have the exact right kind of players at every position? I don't think they do.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
"Why the 2013-14 Season was an Illusion and Didn't Actually Happen," by Jeffri Chadiha

I wouldn't put it past Chadiha to write this article.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I think I'll take the secondary with 3 all pros that have been playing together for 3 years.

Also, apparently Seattle fans are the only ones that realize that Maxwell is a better player than Browner at this stage of their careers.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
funny how these ex hawk players dont get any love until they leave.

National MEdia: BB isn't that good, product of the system,,,,,he gets beat out by maxwell, leaves for NE and now a reason their secondarys better then ours. Same thing to some extent with Thurmond.

Red and Clem, just rotational guys when on our squad, but since they left their gaping holes and reasons we dont get back.....

Tate- just pedestrian,,,,,now a huge loss that kills the offense.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Ok, an aging vet who has lost a step with a released ex-member of the original LOB(who was frequently burned vs the others) is now better than the secondary that proved last year that it was the best 'without' the ex-member....
That's cute. :lol:

Giblien

Reaction score
gowazzu02":a9wyqgz0 said:
funny how these ex hawk players dont get any love until they leave.

National MEdia: BB isn't that good, product of the system,,,,,he gets beat out by maxwell, leaves for NE and now a reason their secondarys better then ours. Same thing to some extent with Thurmond.

Red and Clem, just rotational guys when on our squad, but since they left their gaping holes and reasons we dont get back.....

Tate- just pedestrian,,,,,now a huge loss that kills the offense.

:13:

HansGruber

Reaction score
It's funny... I actually thought the acquisition of Revis and Browner sunk the Pats secondary. Unfortunately for Pats fans, NE just sank some money in big-name hype and didn't do anything to address the secondary in the draft. Picking a 5'9" Jemea Thomas in the 6th round was a pure "WTF?" move, he's a decent nickel and a decent safety, but he's not great at anything really. Just kind of a solid rotational guy who can provide some depth, but will never be a star on his own. I think the NE secondary is going to get torched this season.

And I'm sick of the Revis hype. He hasn't been a "good" DB since he was with the Jets in 2009. Even then, he was good but not great - nowhere near Richard Sherman's caliber. It's another example of sentimental hype. People yack about how great he was. OK, give me an example. You talk about Richard Sherman and I can provide tape of the guy going over the top of Calvin Johnson and knocking passes out of his hands. Revis made his name picking on nobodies in Buffalo, Miami and NE - some of the worst WRs in the game (most of whom are no longer in the game). He never had a shutdown defining moment, where he single-handedly decided a game or had one of those crucial clutch plays that put his team in the Superbowl. Dude is just 100% pure hype, just like Asomough.

Anyone trying to make that argument about NE is just admitting they don't know the first thing about football, they are clueless, or just making stuff up to get some clicks. Everyone wants to hate the Legion of Boom, so the name-drop is obvious and lame.

HawkWow

Reaction score
CHawk":15xgupeh said:
HawkWow":15xgupeh said:

Old News? We arrived to the promise land, problem is that we are the only ones believing we will be back. :mrgreen:

Yes, old news as in established (Gods of NFL football).

You don't seriously believe only Hawk fans believe "we will be back" do you? If you do, you might be surprised should you go to Vegas looking for those 100 -1 odds against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.