Tickets bought for @ Chiefs in Nov

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
My Dad and I are thinking of making the trip. I've wanted to see a game at Arrowhead Stadium for a long time.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":255mu1mh said:
Scotte have you been to KC before? There's a lot of fantastic places to go. McCoy's over in the Westport district I recommend. there's also a wee place a few blocks over that does fantastic pie. PM me if you fancy meeting up on the Saturday night or after the game. Or don't if you think that'll be too weird. Whatever.
I was there 3 weeks ago. Found a really good Tapas bar.
I think we shall have to take over some establishment. There is an Irish pub of some repute downtown. Might have to check it out.

Barthawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":smaqvazn said:
Shadowhawk":smaqvazn said:
My Dad and I are thinking of making the trip. I've wanted to see a game at Arrowhead Stadium for a long time.

It really is a great stadium. Not a bad seat in the house. Last time I was there was when Seneca Wallace was filling in for Hass and we lost by like a point. Larry Johnson ran all over us, as I recall. Still, their fans are good people and the atmosphere is electric. It was pretty much the opposite of all of my Dallas experiences.

I remember that game pretty vividly.. Branch ripped the ball out the defenders hands and gave us 2nd life.. only to lose

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3smf42rd said:
Scottemojo":3smf42rd said:
peachesenregalia":3smf42rd said:
Scotte have you been to KC before? There's a lot of fantastic places to go. McCoy's over in the Westport district I recommend. there's also a wee place a few blocks over that does fantastic pie. PM me if you fancy meeting up on the Saturday night or after the game. Or don't if you think that'll be too weird. Whatever.
I was there 3 weeks ago. Found a really good Tapas bar.
I think we shall have to take over some establishment. There is an Irish pub of some repute downtown. Might have to check it out.

Being that I'm actually from Ireland (Northern), I'm always pretty disappointed by "Irish pubs" over here.

Fair enough. I have tried a dozen supposed good Irish places around the country and only one, in Phoenix of all places, was worth a shit. I never made it to the one in KC, got sidetracked by an italian joint.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":20gbhwlo said:
Being that I'm actually from Ireland (Northern), I'm always pretty disappointed by "Irish pubs" over here.
What would make a great Irish pub in America, in your opinion?

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":36pcebuy said:
Scottemojo":36pcebuy said:
peachesenregalia":36pcebuy said:
Fair enough. I have tried a dozen supposed good Irish places around the country and only one, in Phoenix of all places, was worth a shit. I never made it to the one in KC, got sidetracked by an italian joint.

Which Italian joint? My wife went to visit her cousin last year and they went to a place called Jasper's, which is apparently quite good fare. We'll be eating there on the saturday night before the game.

Lydia's. It was decent. Not so good I will go back before exploring other places.

I found a place in KC that makes duck tongue tacos. I couldn't talk the wife into trying that.

Barthawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2zz5poom said:
peachesenregalia":2zz5poom said:

My interest is piqued too.. Irish food is generally bland and somewhat palatable (from my vacation over there and stops in Shannon coming back from govt sponsored vacays).

Wide variety of beer to include Guinness, Harp and some ciders.. chicken and potatoes, shepherds pie... blood sausage sandwich?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2jcafzjo said:
Barthawk":2jcafzjo said:
RolandDeschain":2jcafzjo said:
peachesenregalia":2jcafzjo said:

My interest is piqued too.. Irish food is generally bland and somewhat palatable (from my vacation over there and stops in Shannon coming back from govt sponsored vacays).

Wide variety of beer to include Guinness, Harp and some ciders.. chicken and potatoes, shepherds pie... blood sausage sandwich?

A place that doesn't seem remotely American. Good beers on tap that are affordable, a small pub-grub type menu, large booth areas, and no fakey-loking decorations/furnishings. Also, about an inch of piss on the floor.

I think I have been to one of them in Idaho....coming off the skiing thing and I think it is callled mackinnellies or some such. Simple but no pixx on the floor....they are kinda mean about that stuff here. Really a relaxing place....in my opinion.

HawkCop

Reaction score
My wife surprised me for my birthday and got us tickets to the game. Born and raised in Kansas so I followed the Chiefs for a long time. Never been to Arrowhead before, but saw the M's and Griffey play the Royals there in KC. We haven't made hotel reservations yet so we might have to get in on this hotel take over. Sounds fun!