NFL Players and Executives Call Seattle Next Dyanasty

Sac

Reaction score
Per Mike Freeman's 10 point stance.

6. Seahawk dynasty?

There were three things I constantly heard over the past few weeks of the offseason from players, coaches and front-office personnel: Soccer talk; what's LeBron going to do?; and the Seahawks are building a dynasty.

The last one I hear repeatedly. I mean, over and over. A significant number of people in the league believe the Seahawks have the best chance to become the latest NFL dynasty since the Patriots. The main reasons I hear are depth and one of the best front offices in football. Not to mention Pete Carroll.

I spoke informally with a total of six players, front-office execs and assistant coaches, and all said the Seahawks are the next dynasty.

Dynasties are almost impossible to build in today's salary cap era. The system is designed to break teams apart and create competitive balance. Yet if any franchise could do it, and is set up to do it, it's Seattle.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2097 ... be-trusted

-The Glove-

Reaction score
So Bleacher report is okay... Just kidding. That's awesome. I hope they're right

HawkWow

Reaction score
"The main reasons I hear are depth and one of the best front offices in football. Not to mention Pete Carroll". Add youth to that mix and I see no team better positioned for a dynasty run than our Hawks. It's all on the team, the coaches and the 12 now.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Pete Carroll was the architect behind the Patriots defensive genius, even if it did him no good. So it's no surprise to me he can repeat the plan under better conditions.

kearly

Reaction score
Wait a minute, where are the comparisons to 2012 Baltimore or 2010 Green Bay? Don't these guys read NFL.com comments?

Back in August of 2012 a co-worker asked me what I thought of the Seahawks and I said "Dynasty." It was pretty entertaining seeing his and others reactions to that, knowing what was coming around the bend.

Off topic, but Wilson is a 25-1 for MVP next season. That is a mighty tempting bet, considering that Wilson probably would have gotten it last year if not for Manning breaking records and the offense having issues late in the season. If Harvin stays healthy and the O-line can manage to be competent, Wilson is going to breeze to a 115+ passer rating. And if Seattle goes 15-1 or 16-0, he could probably get the award with the same numbers he had last season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":3sbgv4gm said:
Wait a minute, where are the comparisons to 2012 Baltimore or 2010 Green Bay? Don't these guys read NFL.com comments?

Back in August of 2012 a co-worker asked me what I thought of the Seahawks and I said "Dynasty." It was pretty entertaining seeing his and others reactions to that, knowing what was coming around the bend.

Off topic, but Wilson is a 25-1 for MVP next season. That is a mighty tempting bet, considering that Wilson probably would have gotten it last year if not for Manning breaking records and the offense having issues late in the season. If Harvin stays healthy and the O-line can manage to be competent, Wilson is going to breeze to a 115+ passer rating. And if Seattle goes 15-1 or 16-0, he could probably get the award with the same numbers he had last season.

25-1 Wilson looks like the best bet on the board. But then you remember the award will be decided quite arbitrarily by a bunch of half-drunk, nostalgic (if not melancholy) sportswriters. That's when you push yourself away from the board and head over to the dice tables.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
After Peyton's poor showing in the Super Bowl and his increased age, it's time for the NFL media to pass the torch. Andrew Luck will be given MVP this season as long as he throws more touchdowns than interceptions, and he'll also be declared King of the Andals and Protector of the Realm.

seedhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mw2l9m8u said:
After Peyton's poor showing in the Super Bowl and his increased age, it's time for the NFL media to pass the torch. Andrew Luck will be given MVP this season as long as he throws more touchdowns than interceptions, and he'll also be declared King of the Andals and Protector of the Realm.

And RW will quite probably be the mouse that roared!

rigelian

Reaction score
Nah, they'll give it to Luck because he looks like an elite QB.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
rigelian":1j3ay1rd said:

So.... we just gotta get Wilson to grow a neck beard?

HawkWow

Reaction score
I am certain I am in the minority thinking this, but I think the powers that be would love to name Wilson MVP. I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't. RW is everything the NFL ever dreamed of. Jersey sales alone make him a candidate worthy of consideration.

Do the masses prefer Luck? Maybe and maybe like many of us, they just see Luck as a bigger version of Wilson. If Wilson's numbers clearly stand out, I sincerely doubt they gift the award to anyone not named Peyton or Tom (in 2015).

As an aside, I still think the award is stupid without the post season factored in. Screw the "level playing field of reg season" talk. MVPs carry their teams into the post season so there's no reason post season should be excluded. Has there been a ton of MVPs that never saw the post? Without looking it up.. I'd bet not.

Meeker

Reaction score
Tempest_Crow":17anh6x2 said:
rigelian":17anh6x2 said:

So.... we just gotta get Wilson to grow a neck beard?

Nah, just stop trying to win and just throw the ball.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
HawkWow":2pmx6ai6 said:
I am certain I am in the minority thinking this, but I think the powers that be would love to name Wilson MVP. I can't for the life of me understand why they wouldn't. RW is everything the NFL ever dreamed of. Jersey sales alone make him a candidate worthy of consideration.

Do the masses prefer Luck? Maybe and maybe like many of us, they just see Luck as a bigger version of Wilson. If Wilson's numbers clearly stand out, I sincerely doubt they gift the award to anyone not named Peyton or Tom (in 2015).

As an aside, I still think the award is stupid without the post season factored in. Screw the "level playing field of reg season" talk. MVPs carry their teams into the post season so there's no reason post season should be excluded. Has there been a ton of MVPs that never saw the post? Without looking it up.. I'd bet not.

AP almost didnt make the postseason when he went over 2000 yards....they had to win that last game against the packers to even get in and then they got crushed against the packers again when Joe Webb had to be QB haha.

HawkWow

Reaction score
But AP did make the play offs. And as I suggested, carried his team to the play offs. As an MVP should.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I'm not digging any dynasty talk. Not now. Personally the only teams I make dynasty references to are the Niners and the Steelers. The Niners because they spread out their championships over a 14 season period and were in the mix every one of those years. They literally did it with 2 different regimes and players that bled over. They even had a couple more chances after the 94 season.

The Steelers for the same, but they essentially did it on the same core group.

Dallas and the Pats? The boys were a lot like the Hawks actually. But on offense they were about the triplets. Their defense was a lot like Seattle and they sputtered on offense.

The Pats should be considered. If they even win just one more with Brady they are legit because they have never been out of the conversation.

The Giants... they have literally won a Super Bowl in each of the last 4 decades. Now that is impressive. Not so much on the dynasty thing, but that would be very cool as a fan.

I just don't think that the word should be used without having 2 championships that are within 3-4 years or repeat. If the Hawks go deep in the playoffs a few years, maybe winning another I am all for it, but I am just glad they got the one the way they did. Right now I am still enjoying that.

Hey, the Hawks could very well be on their way, but I think that the Saints might have something to say about that and maybe the Niners. I am actually more concerned about NOLA than I am the digits. Brees is a guy that will use the weapons he gets, KaeperSpaz is not that guy. The Saints are trying hard to improve defensively and the Niners are aging out in places that have helped them.

No dynasty talk for me yet. Double digit wins and playoff trips? Absolutely, but I will wait. Nice to hear others sharing their views though.