More Jim Zorn Please

kearly

Reaction score
Love Jim Zorn in interviews. Need to check this out.

General Manager

Reaction score
He's very bland. Wyman is much better hopefully they can get someone with more personality than Zorn. Danny O'neil isn't great either he often trolls his listeners or he's just an idiot . We definitely need some new blood as far as sports media goes in Seattle.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Salk will be back on air as of Monday which is great news. Groz needs to go. Jim Moore seems pointless as well. Kinda funny with the coug stuff sometimes but really just a waste of air time.

Danny isn't too bad.

Huard is great but the good ol boy scout religious thing gets tiresome. Worked best with Salk to balance it out.

Wyman is good, has interesting insights although he needs to drop the disinterested cynic act.
Tom Wassell can be entertaining but sometimes the NY schtick gets old. Meh.

It works. Looking forward to Brock and Salk coming back though.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Oh and I liked Zorn. He should replace Jim Moore, Groz or Danny.

General Manager

Reaction score
HansGruber":2ndvtzgt said:
Oh and I liked Zorn. He should replace Jim Moore, Groz or Danny.

Jim Moore is the biggest hack in Seattle sports media. Anyone but him is acceptable.

General Manager

Reaction score
Hey Jim Moore here's a thought do some damn research instead of just spewing out a bunch of opinions without foundation.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Jim Moore is terrible. He even laughs about being terrible. I don't even understand the point. I guess they must feel like he brings a certain demographic, the older middle aged guys and dog lovers or something.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Not surprising how the, err... not-so-analytical minds around here don't like Zorn. The heck with knowledge. They just want the spicey filler, LMAO. While I agree that having him daily would be monotonous, I find it refreshing that whatever he says is so clearly though out. He really breaks things down well. Doesn't waste many words either.

Giblien

Reaction score
Wow. Joyner has absolutely no continuity or rationality in his statements. Amazing...

HansGruber

Reaction score
I didn't find Zorn to be monotonous or boring. I really enjoyed his input and his insight into the game as a former player and a former coach.

950 KJR has really stolen the morning time slot for me because they have Mike Holmgren on every week. I always tune in to listen. Granted, he is about 75% chat and 25% insight - but that 25% insight is 1000 times better than anything you get from the talking heads on ESPN and NFLN. It was fascinating listening to him talk about working with Bill Walsh, his Superbowl experiences, how he developed talent, what he thought about Manziel, etc. Every time he talks about the business of football, I learn something completely new and gain a much more profound respect for the depth of the pro game.

The same holds true with Jim Zorn. When he talks, he talks about the game from the perspective of both a highly successful former pro QB AND as a former coach. It's really incredible getting that perspective. I find his balanced mellow delivery makes it that much easier to listen to. He was on recently talking about the best moments in Seahawks history, and I was riveted listening to his opinions about playing in the Kingdome vs Clink, the Steve Largent hit on Harden, and Effren Herrerra and the old Seahawks running the fake FGs. Time flew by, and I found myself wanting more. It was especially hilarious listening to his response to that idiot who said NE had a better secondary. Just absolutely brilliant. The dry delivery, his chuckles, his words of caution to the writer, and his simple statement that "Well, one team has already proven themselves, and you're banking on another team getting all the luck going their way which just doesn't happen in the NFL".... simply brilliant.

The rest of the guys.... meh. Brock and Salk are good because together they have a really fun chemistry, but I don't tune into them to learn about the in-depth inside workings of the NFL. Jim Zorn and Mike Holmgren really bring that, and it makes for GREAT listening.

kearly

Reaction score
Good post Hans.

I agree. Any given day you might have to stretch 45 minutes of sports talk over 3 hours, so having time-waster stuff is a given for all but the very best talk show hosts. Brock Huard has some very annoying habits, but I enjoy listening to him because when he actually starts talking about football it becomes clear that he's forgotten more about the game than I ever knew. Holmgren is the same deal, and with Holmgren you have all the richness of his past experiences working with some legendary coaching staffs.

Zorn sounds like a guy that always needs a cup of coffee. But he brings the perspective of a guy who worked in the NFL for decades, so it's insightful to hear his perspective on things.

sc85sis

Reaction score
This makes me wonder what a show with Pete and Zorn would sound like. Do you think the energy levels would balance out?