Athlon NFL player rankings

Anthony!

Reaction score
So Athlon put out their NFL player rankings for 2014 form their Pro Football Preview

RW was ranked as the #6 QB behind Rivers, Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers and ahead of Luck. Cap was 13th

http://athlonsports.com/nfl/2014-nfl-pl ... arterbacks

Lynch was 4th behind Peterson, McCoy, and Charles

http://athlonsports.com/nfl/2014-nfl-pl ... ning-backs

They only other positions I would find were Lineman, WR, TE. So I guess we have to wait till the issue comes out for the rest, however I heard them talk about it on KJR and they said ET was #1 at safety, Kam 11, and Sherman was #1 at CB

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hard to argue..aside from Kam. Is there really 10 safeties in the league better than Kam?

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkWow":1kb8ncnr said:
Hard to argue..aside from Kam. Is there really 10 safeties in the league better than Kam?

From what I understand most of the safeties a head of him are FS like ET and Kam is a SS, they seem to be valued less

HawkWow

Reaction score
Good point but I'd think even still...

I wonder if there's 10 safeties paid more than Kam (?).

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Face it we have the best Safety duo in history and other teams will follow suit. Rather than sticking over the hill cornerbacks at that spot teams will look at what we're doing and go that route.

I know this is going to sound like the lamest thing ever becuase it's not rooted at all in reality but when I play madden franchises over the years I always start with the safeties. Much like the hawks have shown, you get two really great safeties it it basically like playing with an extra man on the field. Kam suffers from the stigma of "Thomas is so good seattle can't possibly have the two best safeties in the league on the same team can they?" but for what seattle does yes they can.