Anyone else going to the RW passing academy tomorrow?

seanoob

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else will be living vicariously through their kid's camp experience like me. I'll be there carrying water for my son all day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A bunch of us made the trip up to BC last weekend and volunteered. It's a great camp, he'll put em to work :)
Was cool to meet him at the end and get a group shot, super cool guy.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We went yesterday.

It was fun. Bobby Wagner, Sidney Rice and a couple of the other guys were there too. (Justin Britt is a big boy btw.)

Russell does a good job of rotating around to different groups of kids so each group gets at least each get a few minutes of time where he is watching them do their drills and giving them encouragement. They ate that up.

And the (volunteer?) coaches seemed to be pretty good. There isn't a lot of ways to discipline kids that don't listen so there are a few groups of kids blowing off the drills and just tossing the football around but for the most part it was well structured.

I brought a book thinking it might be a long day. Didn't even open it and the day just flew by. In fact, one of the girls (who as a softball pitcher can sling a football) is adamant she wants to attend next year because she wants to play football. Since she can hit like a linebacker I'm not going to tell her that there are not many options for girls to play football. If she wants to put in the work to go, she can.

I enjoyed it. So did all the kids. Was well worth it.

Have fun.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
A late entry.

6etuju5a.jpg

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a little followup. It was awesome today. RWPA took care of all the kids with group and individual pictures. Russell ran around the camp signing shirts for ALL the kids. My little one happened to be in the tent dancing with Sherman and RW3 (see russ's facebook page for a video). To top it all off, my kid caught a pass from RW at the end of camp. It was pretty much the stuff of dreams.

Go hawks!

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
ShockandAwe

Russ with my very nervous son - it pays to be short.

OP
OP
S

seanoob

Reaction score
A few fun videos...

Russell to a kid in my son's group...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D9xBmIFYSA[/youtube]

Tell me you haven't seen something like this before
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CWRezV-j8s[/youtube]

If the parents of that kid catching the pass are online, PM me so I can send you that moment in HD.

Latest posts