Nice article on Seahawk UDFA Demetrius Bronson

chris98251

Reaction score
5'9 211 pounds isn't a big back

30 Bronson, Demitrius RB 5-9 211 24 R Eastern Washington
24 Lynch, Marshawn RB 5-11 215 28 8 California
33 Michael, Christine RB 5-10 221 23 2 Texas A&M
22 Turbin, Robert RB 5-10 222 24 3 Utah State

He will have to show something special and be a really at picking up the pass blocking scheme and get the yards after contact to move up this depth chart.

Sad story about dreams getting derailed, but also a real tough roster to crack.

Then you have this.

40 Coleman, Derrick FB 6-0 233 23 3 UCLA
34 Small, Kiero FB 5-8 247 25 R Arkansas
44 Ware, Spencer FB 5-10 228 22 2 LSU

Ware being the tweener and questionmark of what position he will actually play and how much Coleman has improved, Small being our biggest back surprisingly in weight.

Bronson played FB at 230, the experience may do well for him knowing and being experienced in blocking and maybe picking up the pass rush.

McG

Reaction score
I went to Jr High with his bother Jon, the one that's mentioned playing 3 games for the Cards back in mid 2000's. He was a really good guy, but was one of the most upright runners I've ever seen, but that's Jr High for you. He didn't go to Kentwood like his younger brother and like I did though so we lost touch, but I graduated and played with Mike Karney who played FB in the NFL and is a really good dude. Still to this day I have no idea how he (Karney) put down 4 double QP's from McDonalds. Also, I haven't come across anyone who has arms bigger than most athletes legs and a neck that looks like someones waist. Off topic, I know. I am really rooting for Demetrius though, I was following his career until he left UW. I thought he was just another guy who couldn't play that came from Kentwood, there has been a few who I wont name. I hope he makes the practice squad, mainly because that would mean one of the 3 RBs would be hurt if he makes the final 53, good luck.

Hawks46

Reaction score
McG":2iej2zay said:
I went to Jr High with his bother Jon, the one that's mentioned playing 3 games for the Cards back in mid 2000's. He was a really good guy, but was one of the most upright runners I've ever seen, but that's Jr High for you. He didn't go to Kentwood like his younger brother and like I did though so we lost touch, but I graduated and played with Mike Karney who played FB in the NFL and is a really good dude. Still to this day I have no idea how he (Karney) put down 4 double QP's from McDonalds. Also, I haven't come across anyone who has arms bigger than most athletes legs and a neck that looks like someones waist. Off topic, I know. I am really rooting for Demetrius though, I was following his career until he left UW. I thought he was just another guy who couldn't play that came from Kentwood, there has been a few who I wont name. I hope he makes the practice squad, mainly because that would mean one of the 3 RBs would be hurt if he makes the final 53, good luck.

Seriously ? In high school football, 4 double QP's wasn't tough. I ate 2 large pizza's in one sitting by myself. It seemed like I could never get enough to eat; still growing yet putting out a TON of calories in weight lifting and practices.

On topic, I see this kid hitting the PS to be honest. We're deep, but if he's good, we're seeing the Beast Mode train coming to the end of the tunnel (sadly) and there could be something happening next year or the year after. Everyone is high on Michael but we don't know if we can trust him yet.

McG

Reaction score
Hawks46":2919hbjz said:
McG":2919hbjz said:

Seriously ? In high school football, 4 double QP's wasn't tough. I ate 2 large pizza's in one sitting by myself. It seemed like I could never get enough to eat; still growing yet putting out a TON of calories in weight lifting and practices.

On topic, I see this kid hitting the PS to be honest. We're deep, but if he's good, we're seeing the Beast Mode train coming to the end of the tunnel (sadly) and there could be something happening next year or the year after. Everyone is high on Michael but we don't know if we can trust him yet.

I guess I was a lightweight then, 2 sure but then again I was a pretty big stoner/athlete growing up, welcome to a Kent child hood in the 90's. Ha, but I agree about Beastmode, I wish he could play forever. He may not be putting up numbers like SA in his prime, but he's not running behind Big Walt and Futch either. To me, and I'm sure to a lot of others, Beastmode is miles ahead than SA in regards to respect or even talent. I hope Beast can play for a few more HEALTHY years. I'd rather have 2/3 more healthy years than 5/6 injury prone ones.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking Lynch is probably North of 215 by quite a bit?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Heck no, I think you're spot on and I've thought that myself.

Lol, I think he was 215 coming over from Buffalo and he's gotten bigger since then. I wouldn't be surprised to see he weighs 230, honestly. At LEAST 225. It's the smart thing to do; knowing you're the bell cow for a crushing running attack, you're going to want those extra pounds to be able to absorb punishment.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Would it make you guys sad if I said I think Spencer Ware has the best chance to make the PS this year out of the RB corps, more so than last year, now that hes a year removed from his draft, amidst a position change, and rather fell off the NFL radar after being IRd after week 2.