Hats

Termite

Reaction score
Looking for a camo mesh Seahawks Hat . Any Suggestions? Most of the Seahawk hats are way too hot.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":y89ibrmx said:
In before this turns into a flatbill argument.
flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.

Subzero717

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":3igzf7v1 said:
RolandDeschain":3igzf7v1 said:
flatbills look dumb but muh god do they provide a fair amount of shade. From a functional standpoint, I can't imagine much argument about the flatbill.

Get off my lawn. You and your Beats friends.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":2ufr6qrk said:
RolandDeschain":2ufr6qrk said:
You know what else provides a fair amount of shade? Sombreros.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3pkjcz2q said:
ClumsyLurk":3pkjcz2q said:
RolandDeschain":3pkjcz2q said:
You know what else provides a fair amount of shade? Sombreros.
When in Mexico City?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":38y6d4yh said:
RolandDeschain":38y6d4yh said:
They only provide more shade if the sun is pretty much straight up in the air. Otherwise, the curvature you get on the sides helps block a lot that the flatbill doesn't for most times of the day when the sun is out. So, functionally speaking, flatbill is worse unless you only wander outside during high noon.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Best coverage. I bought this bucket hat not sure if I'd like it but i love it for being out in the sun. Provide better coverage over any of my fitted caps.
Dw5B4005Dh5B3005Dloadurl5Bfileproduct5D

SeatownJay

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1iehbf94 said:
ClumsyLurk":1iehbf94 said:
RolandDeschain":1iehbf94 said:
They only provide more shade if the sun is pretty much straight up in the air. Otherwise, the curvature you get on the sides helps block a lot that the flatbill doesn't for most times of the day when the sun is out. So, functionally speaking, flatbill is worse unless you only wander outside during high noon.
So you're saying a gunslinger would wear a flatbill?

City Of Reign

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1kirhlrs said:
RolandDeschain":1kirhlrs said:
ClumsyLurk":1kirhlrs said:
RolandDeschain":1kirhlrs said:

The real Roland Deschain only wears bills.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I disagree. The flatbrim by design is a wider brim than what I call the Kenny Chesney. Therfor it covers more area and casts a larger surface area of shade. It may be too close to call. Ones facial structure must also be accounted for. Larger individuals gain more shade from the flatbrim because there face can sometimes break the perimeter of the curve.

Flatbrims also provide a best in class in the vision category.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
When I was a kid I got a new SuperSonics hat and I wore it to school. The bill was still flat and I didn't realize I was supposed to bend it. Everyone at school made fun of me for having a flat-bill...but little did they know that I was actually starting a new fashion trend. I wonder if any of them realizes that it was me who introduced the amazing new look of the flat-billed cap.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
fenderbender123":ces5wocp said:
When I was a kid I got a new SuperSonics hat and I wore it to school. The bill was still flat and I didn't realize I was supposed to bend it. Everyone at school made fun of me for having a flat-bill...but little did they know that I was actually starting a new fashion trend. I wonder if any of them realizes that it was me who introduced the amazing new look of the flat-billed cap.

So you are to blame! :stirthepot:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1x2zfors said:
I disagree. The flatbrim by design is a wider brim than what I call the Kenny Chesney. Therfor it covers more area and casts a larger surface area of shade. It may be too close to call. Ones facial structure must also be accounted for. Larger individuals gain more shade from the flatbrim because there face can sometimes break the perimeter of the curve.

Flatbrims also provide a best in class in the vision category.
Again, only when the sun is mostly up in the middle of the sky. At 4pm, it comes from a considerable angle, and that flatbrim isn't doing crap for you compared to the curvature on the sides from a "normal" hat.

SeatownJay":1x2zfors said:
City Of Reign":1x2zfors said:
The real Roland Deschain only wears bills.
...I know what you two are doing, and it won't work. The real Roland Deschain would never flatbrim a damned baseball hat. He'd watch Eddie do it and ask why, Eddie would crack some wiseass remark about it and have trouble justifying it, and Roland would shake his head.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yup, go flat brim and look like a dork...Though I will admit that it does lend a swagger to the dudes who like wearing their jeans 5 sizes too big and showing off their hairy butt cracks.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I love flatbill hats. They are an easy way to figure out who I don't need to waste time talking to.