Matt McCoy @ Play60

ak3000

Reaction score
Granted our Wasilla, Alaska Play60 is lamer than any other city on the 12 tour, but I noticed in addition to our 3rd string linebackers and 6th string WR that former LB Matt McCoy was there as well. He was wearing a seahawk polo but no jersey like the other three. Is he still with the Seahawks in some assistant/staff capacity? Just found it odd. Hurts enough that we don't get Sherm, Wilson or Baldwin but do they gotta bring in someone who isn't even playing any more? I guess I'd be okay with a former player if it was someone like Tez who cancelled on us last year... I remember in the 90s when the players came up to Anchorage we got guys like Tez, Sam Adams, The House, Wooden, Mirer, Friesz... For quite a while we haven't been able to get a starter up here let alone 2nd stringer. I guess last year we got Haush and Gresham i suppose theyre technically starters but before that it was Portis, Durham, Farwell and McCoy...

TLDR- Is Matt McCoy still with the Seahawks in any capacity?

kearly

Reaction score
Not as far as I know. He hasn't been on Seattle's roster since 2011.

He did do this to Frank Gore once.

59d030dfb6266d716ae221e4330ad5e073096522acb9207d4g

drdiags

Reaction score
McCoy was mentioned earlier in the off-season as signing up with the Seahawks in a community relation role (I didn't think it was as a coach). Time for me to go do a quick google.