Hey .NET, you're gonna want to watch buildthetip.com

RockHawk

Reaction score
.NET,
So I just attended an event about something incredible coming soon for the 12s. Stay tuned here on .NET and buildthetip.com for details as they are made available.

But trust me when I say that you're gonna want to be part of it.

Mark

drdiags

Reaction score
Just saw this on twitter when .NET re-tweeted Joe Tafoya

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JoeTafoya/status/489266853425209344[/tweet]

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
William Cornell's name is attached to the trailer. Another Rain City Redemption, this time sanctioned by the team? With a documentary on the fans, as well?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
It's the idea of making a statue of "The Tip" outside C-Clink. No?
I know.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm excited to hear about it! My guess is a statue or some sort of ultimate collection/video of fan-made footage of The Tip.

chris98251

Reaction score
God I spend too much time in the Shack, this is a title that Sac would come up with there.

Curious to see if we get a real life size Bronze Statue of Sherm tipping the ball away from Crabtree, truly immortalizing the moment and humbling 49ers fans forever as they visit the Clink.

It would make sense to have tributes to the team, season and moments of our 1st Championship and having an owner that embraces the fans and memories of a teams success would more then likely eagerly foot the bill for something of this nature.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Regardless of what "buildthetip" is, I think it's AWESOME that William Cornell made the trailer and is somewhat recognized by the team. AND I hope they actually paid him for his services! He deserves it.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1i2y6vyh said:
Regardless of what "buildthetip" is, I think it's AWESOME that William Cornell made the trailer and is somewhat recognized by the team. AND I hope they actually paid him for his services! He deserves it.

William Cornell recognized by the team for making this trailer? Paid for his services? What services would he be paid for, because I see no sign that the team is behind this. According to the site this is a fan driven project, not Seahawks sponsored.

themunn

Reaction score
As awesome as the moment was and I agree that immortalising it would be cool - I'm not keen on that kind of thing being done while Sherman is still playing

If (fair enough... he won't) caught back to back game winning TDs against Sherman in the 2015 and 2016 NFCCGs it would look like the biggest blunder ever. Wait until he retires and put the statue up - who knows, there might be an even better moment worth immortalising...

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
themunn":315jznvj said:
As awesome as the moment was and I agree that immortalising it would be cool - I'm not keen on that kind of thing being done while Sherman is still playing

If (fair enough... he won't) caught back to back game winning TDs against Sherman in the 2015 and 2016 NFCCGs it would look like the biggest blunder ever. Wait until he retires and put the statue up - who knows, there might be an even better moment worth immortalising...
There will never be another tip. It sent us on to win our FIRST SB. There will never be another first SB win.
That moment alone should be singled out as THE play that turned the corner in this franchise.
No moment will ever be better even if we win 3 more in a row. Can't replicate it.

drdiags

Reaction score
It is true that this is a once in a life-time event but I don't see the need to rush to have it done right now. I guess now is the time to strike to have it done, if public funds are going to be involved. If this is all from private donations, you still need the team, city, county etal to approve it being built on public property.

I say do it but seems like we are following in others trails. I think San Fran has something for "The Catch" and this just seems like keeping up with the Joneses (sp?).

pmedic920

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2tdndz9i said:
themunn":2tdndz9i said:

There will never be another tip. It sent us on to win our FIRST SB. There will never be another first SB win.
That moment alone should be singled out as THE play that turned the corner in this franchise.
No moment will ever be better even if we win 3 more in a row. Can't replicate it.

Yep. And I'm so happy I was there.
What a game to pick as my first at C-link.
After almost 40yrs that was my favorite SeaHawk moment, up to that point.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":3w4i8gob said:
themunn":3w4i8gob said:

I see where you're going, but I disagree about the Tip being the turning point of the franchise.

I'd honestly say that it's Beastquake.

You have a 7-9 underdog team that squeaked it's way into the playoffs going up against the defending SB champions in the playoffs. Beastquake buried the Saints and put them away. That play signified how things would evolve for this team and set the tone for attitude and moxy: a team that is continually discounted, plays with a chip, never gives up, and keeps firing bullets until they are out.

Look at that attitude and look at where are team is the last two years: we have different personnel, but the team always fights, plays with a chip, and never feels out of it.

Beastquake set the attitide for this franchise. Years later, we know where that got us.

The Tip got us to our second SB and first win. It's too early to tell what that really did for us. We could steamroll the league this year, or miss the playoffs.