1968?

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Not a bad looking hat, but what the hell does 1968 mean?

Attachments

• thumb.aspx.jpg
    thumb.aspx.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,562

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why they are paying tribute to the year Aros was born but of course! :D

I better hurry up and buy one! Where did you find that?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":sgeqdkin said:
Why they are paying tribute to the year Aros was born but of course! :D

I better hurry up and buy one! Where did you find that?

[urltargetblank]http://www.fanatics.com/NFL_Seattle_Seahawks_Hats/Seattle_Seahawks_New_Era_9FORTY_A-Frame_Trucker_Adjustable_Hat_%E2%80%93_College_Navy[/urltargetblank]

Obviously you want to use the link from this site to access that before you purchase it there, but that's where you can find it

IndyHawk

Reaction score
[qu :th2thumbs: ote="kidhawk"]Maybe it's because everyone born in 1968 is special[/quote]
:th2thumbs: We are! :th2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1qsi6n2d said:
Anyone challenges your fan-hood and calls you a bandwagoner... just point to your hat and tell them you've been a fan since '68.

The saddest part is.....there is a high percentage of people out there that would believe you and not even realize that it's not possible

BTH

Reaction score
Ordered this hat and the error is on the actual product, not just the mock up. Contacted New Era about it a couple days ago and initially received a form response questioning it's authenticity. But did speak with someone by phone today. Sounds like Fanatics plans to pull the hat and there won't be a corrected run. Also, Pro Shop won't be carrying it in store. Now I need to decide whether to keep it as a unique item or just get my money back.

drdiags

Reaction score
Too bad they don't give you an option to plug in your own est date. I could put 1955 to match my birth year.

BTW, I ordered this production mishap. Turns out I had a $4 credit from my earlier hat buying craze after the Superbowl, so that made it easier. What the heck? It will be a great conversation starter with folks pointing and going "BS" or "Idiot Bandwagoner!".

Good times are coming.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
1968 is weird too because the Sonics were established in 1967 and the Seattle Pilots were 1969 so they didn't confuse it with one of those teams.

BTH

Reaction score
The last team added before the Seahawks, were the Bengals in '68. Same hat is available for the entire NFL. So that sort of explains how that year might have been put on in error when designing them.