Who Will be the First to Get Traded Away?

Sac

Reaction score
In the mold if the Patriots, who have success and then trade away a player for a reasonably high pick because it's not really feasible to re-sign or extend them?

I'm guessing either Malcolm Smith or KJ

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't see us trading any high profile starters, unless god forbid we go into the tank this year. Then I could see us trying to unload some high priced FA's like Harvin, Bennett, Avril, maybe even Beast Mode if he's hell bent on a big contract extension still midway through the season.

THOSE are the kinds of players you can trade for #1 picks. Not guys like KJ or Smith who don't make anything yet.

Jville

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":38ublq25 said:
In the mold if the Patriots, who have success and then trade away a player for a reasonably high pick because it's not really feasible to re-sign or extend them?

Your confused. The west coast team attempting to copy the Patriot way is in Santa Clara.

The Seahawks are blazing their own unique trail.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Carroll's philosophy is to try to keep their own, not trade people away.

We may need both Smith and Wright to start this season at OLB, if Irvin's hip injury lingers, so no way we trade either of them heading into another Super Bowl run. I really can't see anyone being traded at this point.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":34pkei36 said:

No team is going to trade "a reasonably high pick" for a player like either of those two who are about to hit unrestricted free agency after this season. And no pending UFA like that is going to agree to a new deal with another team as part of a trade before testing their full value in free agency, unless its a very rare situation like Percy Harvin in Minnesota who was disgruntled and wanted out (not the case with KJ or Malcolm). If you expect anything of value in return you have to trade a player who brings with him some degree of 'team control' or who is likely to be Franchise Tag-caliber. Wright and Smith do/are not, and they're WAY to valuable to the 2014 Seahawks anyway, who at the moment have only two completely healthy and proven LB's (Wagner and KJ). The Hawks are in no position currently to be dealing away LB's.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Meh, we're not really a big trade mid season team. We do our vetting process early on. It's a waste of time and money to mold a player and then ship them off. We don't half ass our commitment to a guy. If we were going to do this, we would've kept Tate then done this with him. As is, everyone someone else would want, we want.

sturg78

Reaction score
I think beast mode is the only player we could get a good pick for that is getting older. If turbin or cmike progress well we may trade 'Shawn

chris98251

Reaction score
Our model is much like the Packers, how many players do you see traded from them, virtually none. Only time we see a player go is really at the end of their contract or if we have someone that has already stepped up and the player is considered disposable, kinda of like Moffit.

kearly

Reaction score
WR and RB are the two spots I could see Seattle trading due to excessive depth. I don't think a WR trade happens though, trading a guy like Kearse, Rice, or Norwood for a very late pick would be a total waste. Lynch could be dealt if he holds out, but I think the most likely trade scenario is that the team deals Turbin or Ware in a player for player trade.

I think they cut Channel 83 and hope he remains a free agent.

Dreo

Reaction score
Sadly, I suspect that Bobby Wagner could potentially be traded.

Just not sure how we will be able to afford him either via extension or when/if he goes UFA. Someone can and will outspend us if that happens. If we can't extend him then I think he could possibly be traded for a higher round pick in exchange.