Bowie overweight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been discussed, but it sounds like Bowie let himself go this offseason. If true, this is dreadful news. This is arguably the one guy that really needs to step up the most this year. Not saying all hope is lost....I'm sure he can get his ass in shape in a timely manner....it just kinda sucks that he would slack off with so much potentially riding on him.

OT Michael Bowie (seventh round): Bowie was one of the surprises of this draft, instantly emerging as one of the team’s better, young offensive linemen. But he had an uneven spring, with coaches saying he could have been in better shape. He’ll compete with 2014 draft pick Justin Britt for the right tackle spot vacated by the loss of Giacomini in free agency.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seaha...ill-make-the-biggest-strides/?syndication=rss

Basis4day

Reaction score
How he looked during the Spring is of little concern.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Condotta's citation/attribution in that blurb is fairly weak.

Fat dudes are gonna be fat dudes during the offseason; they're like boxers that way. Sometimes you gotta get off your knees/shins for a bit.

If he isn't in shape for camp, then that is a problem.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If not Michael Bowie then Justin Britt. Frankly, I believe Britt is going to be much better regardless if Bowie was in great shape.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kobebryant":nce04f1e said:
Condotta's citation/attribution in that blurb is fairly weak.

Fat dudes are gonna be fat dudes during the offseason; they're like boxers that way. Sometimes you gotta get off your knees/shins for a bit.

If he isn't in shape for camp, then that is a problem.

Like boxers? That's some sacrilege right there. Aside from today's dreadful HWs, boxers don't get fat or let themselves go. Certainly there are exceptions (Hatton) but seldom will a non HW...or real fighter, get fat while still active in his career.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Bailey and Bowie were both carrying some bad weight during OTAs. They were warned about gaining weight when they went home after the season, a common thing for rookie linemen. Expect to see them both in excellent shape when camp starts.

Bowie played tremendously for a rookie in the second half of last season. That RT position is critical and you have to hope they won't need to rely on a rookie again there.

warden

Reaction score
Keeping their weight in check is a constant battle for these big guys. It is not as easy as some here make it sound.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
There has been plenty of great lineman that battle this exact issue. The difference is that now we expect this from them all 24/7. In days of old they had a breather time. But with camps being limited there is a greater chance they don't get where they need to be. Hopefully the OTA lit the fire and they come into camp ready for battle.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":4rndar2z said:
Probably learned from Carpenter.

Carpenter is a big guy that had a lot of injury issues which would have kept him from being able to work as hard as he may have wanted/needed to work to insure staying in shape. As noted above, These lineman often have a hard type keeping their bulk without having weight issues....especially when injury keeps them from being able to put the work in.

On a side note though, Carpenter, being healthy this offseason and it being a contract year, we just may finally see him in good shape coming into camp. He was on the American Muscle show having brought Sherman in for an introduction to the facility, so I'd assume he's working at being in shape this year.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kidhawk":3u8q7eft said:
Tech Worlds":3u8q7eft said:
Probably learned from Carpenter.

Carpenter is a big guy that had a lot of injury issues which would have kept him from being able to work as hard as he may have wanted/needed to work to insure staying in shape. As noted above, These lineman often have a hard type keeping their bulk without having weight issues....especially when injury keeps them from being able to put the work in.

On a side note though, Carpenter, being healthy this offseason and it being a contract year, we just may finally see him in good shape coming into camp. He was on the American Muscle show having brought Sherman in for an introduction to the facility, so I'd assume he's working at being in shape this year.
Carpenter was quoted during minicamp/OTAs saying this is the first time he's been healthy enough to really train. He said after the season he was able to actually run, so he did a lot of that.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I'm more excited about Britt. He looks to be in great shape, and is quite a big boy.

tempTurbBritt-Spokane--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/p ... eb7a4e4c7e

Hawks46

Reaction score
Britt is a big boy, but he looks like an athlete.

Bowie was listed at roughly 8 lbs more than him (last year's weight for Bowie), but Britt is taller. I have high hopes for Britt and I think he's going to be pretty decent, honestly.

chet380

Reaction score
DAMN!!! -- If they'd taken Laurent D-T in the 6th rd. this would be way less of a problem.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hey TNR , Bowie is hurt and can't lift.

Classy post, I'm sure he wishes you well too.

Grow up! Stupid and ignorant post!

OP
OP
TalontedNoseRider

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Dear Zeb, Roland & jammerhawk,

Hate much? Seriously, the three of you need to get a room.

There's a reason they treated this guy the way they did and "risked" losing him on waivers. His work ethic has been questionable for quite some time. He had the chance of a lifetime but instead he chose to eat incessantly while hoping the exceptional level of man crush love from his dynamic trio on dot.net would be enough to keep him on the team--sorry that didn't work out. That's okay, there's always carpenter (and you can still buy Kleenex & lotion at neighborhood drugstores).

Afterward, think about dragging the tony little gazelle machine from underneath the bed and keep hope alive.

PLEASE!

Instead of attacking me, try to look at this thing objectively. He showed up out of shape which, at the very least, increased the likelihood of injury.

PS: Some of your comments make sense, particularly on this subject matter........I've seen some of your pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.