Chancellor & Wagner Underrated

kidhawk

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... underrated

Another off season list to bide the time until training camp begins (luckily not long now)

NFL.com asked writers who they felt were the most underrated players in the NFL. Both Kam and Bobby got mentions.

With that said, when you start getting mentioned as underrated on a list, you generally stop getting underrated, so you have to take these with a grain of salt, but it is still off season and it's Seahawks "news" so there is that.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Those are two of the more underrated players among Seahawks fans. J.R. Sweezy, Michael Bowie, Derrick Coleman, and Jeremy Lane are also underrated. I expect those four to breakout this year.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think Bowie, Coleman and Lane are "underrated" in that they get somewhat ignored by the fan base. Sweezy is underrated because a fair number of fans seem to think he's a lot worse than he is.

Kam was underrated until the playoffs. He's gotten a lot more notice now. Bobby is still underrated--mostly by those who don't closely follow the team.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":z9jyvmno said:
Dameshek is awful. That is all.

Aaron Rodgers and Vernon Davis? Really? Mr. Dameshek, when you click "send" to forward this to your editor, do you feel good about making a big paycheck while writing this crap, or is there a conscience in there somewhere?

kearly

Reaction score
Wow a smart article from NFL.com. I liked the mentions for Campbell, Nelson, and Wake too.

My vote for most under-rated Seahawk goes to McDaniel on defense and Sweezy on offense. Most under-rated backup player, T-Jack.

kpak76

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":10hfzont said:
Dameshek is awful. That is all.

I wasn't the only with a problem with his picks I see. Really Vernon Davis and Aaron Rodgers as your most underrated??? Did he even try to select any underrated players or is he just too uneducated about NFL players in general to make any picks?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
By the way, I would have selected Brandon Boykin, Devin McCourty (though now he's getting more attention since he plays with Revis and Browner), and Chris Harris. Cam Wake was a great pick. He's a premier pass-rusher that everyone always forgets about.

Oh! Also, I would have mentioned Tyron Smith, who doesn't get enough love.

As far as Seahawks, Jeremy Lane is a good pick. So is Jermaine Kearse.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sc85sis":2pvzovi4 said:
I think Bowie, Coleman and Lane are "underrated" in that they get somewhat ignored by the fan base. Sweezy is underrated because a fair number of fans seem to think he's a lot worse than he is.

Kam was underrated until the playoffs. He's gotten a lot more notice now. Bobby is still underrated--mostly by those who don't closely follow the team.

I was liking all of Lane's work last year. He busted a move a lot to make things happen on interceptions and in the backfield. I got more and more interested as we mentioned him in chat here. Fun to watch.

rastahawk

Reaction score
I really thought Chancellor was going to get the MVP for XLVIII. I thought he was MVP for pretty much our whole post season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If I had to pick a team defense that was under appreciated in 2013, it would be the Cards. Considering just how many short fields they faced after numerous Carson turnovers, they were even better than the numbers say.

I wonder if the falloff after losing Dansby and Washington will be a lot less than pundits expect. I think it will be.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Honestly, I still feel the team as a whole is still immensely underrated.

This is not some vendetta with East Coast Bias.

Obviously, certain guys have gotten their due respectively and controversially like Thomas and Sherman.

But when you got some thinking heads that believe Wilson and Lynch are overrated, they are underrating their actual value to the team... if that can make sense.

I just still think a lot of pundits and opposing fans still don't know just how difficult 2013 was in retrospect, in just being such a young team and going through injury after injury after injury that could have put away most teams. Numerous times the Seahawks looked beat and should have folded, and numerous times they triumphed over adversity and forged their resiliency into a Championship.

2013 wasn't easy by any means but many act like we had smooth sailing the whole way to an easy Championship.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Mebane is the most underrated hawk IMO. Dude has been a rock since his rookie season. I cringe to think about our run D without him.