Wilson a top 5 QB on Madden

hawknation2014

Reaction score
That's a fair rating. Wilson (101.2 rating) had a much better year than Brady (87.3 rating) as a passer. Then you have to consider Wilson's superior scrambling ability.

Patriots had a tough year due to injuries, so I probably would have had Wilson rated 5th behind Brady. But the Seahawks also had a ton of injuries on offense last year (Okung, Unger, Harvin, Rice, etc.).

Tical21

Reaction score
Sadly this will be the first year in the history of Madden football where I won't be buying the game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Good. The people who are paid to objectively evaluate players across the league have chimed in. I'll take this over lazy national "analysts" who make assumptions based on the talent surrounding a player. I love how the NFL.com writer advocates for Brady based on his lack of receivers accounting for the -20 passer rating differential between he and Wilson. Who was Wilson throwing to? To Sherman and Thomas? No, his balls went to that severely injured WR group that was dubbed "pedestrian" throughout the post-season.

As ratings czar Donny Moore explained here the ability to run and pass pushed Wilson over the edge.

"(Wilson) is the ultimate dual threat with his 86 SPD (ranked eighth in NFL for quarterbacks), 90 AGI (seventh), 92 ACC (second), and 93 Throw Power. Don't be afraid to throw it deep (89 Deep Accuracy, ranked third) and on the run (fifth) with Wilson as well, he can do it all."

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Tical21":1m6f8cbu said:
Sadly this will be the first year in the history of Madden football where I won't be buying the game.

And why not? I'm sure you have your reasons but I've stopped playing Madden religiously years and years ago, yet I still own the Alexander cover of the game even though I've traded away all the others over the years.

But I will likely buy this years Madden because Sherman cover, LOB start screen, and it possibly showcasing the Seahawks as the best team in the NFL.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Madden will be really awesome this year .

just sucks trying to play with the Seahawks ONLINE because the other person will choose the 49ers by default or just leave the lobby . everytime.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
DavidSeven":yp24tw06 said:
Good. The people who are paid to objectively evaluate players across the league have chimed in. I'll take this over lazy national "analysts" who make assumptions based on the talent surrounding a player. I love how the NFL.com writer advocates for Brady based on his lack of receivers accounting for the -20 passer rating differential between he and Wilson. Who was Wilson throwing to? To Sherman and Thomas? No, his balls went to that severely injured WR group that was dubbed "pedestrian" throughout the post-season.

As ratings czar Donny Moore explained here the ability to run and pass pushed Wilson over the edge.

"(Wilson) is the ultimate dual threat with his 86 SPD (ranked eighth in NFL for quarterbacks), 90 AGI (seventh), 92 ACC (second), and 93 Throw Power. Don't be afraid to throw it deep (89 Deep Accuracy, ranked third) and on the run (fifth) with Wilson as well, he can do it all."
I'm good with the over all ranking but who are the four NFL QB's who throw better on the run? And 8th for speed? I would have thought he would be top 5 there as well. His AGI change of direction seems low too if that number is just counting QBs.

Tical21

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1i7adhdl said:
Tical21":1i7adhdl said:

And why not? I'm sure you have your reasons but I've stopped playing Madden religiously years and years ago, yet I still own the Alexander cover of the game even though I've traded away all the others over the years.

But I will likely buy this years Madden because Sherman cover, LOB start screen, and it possibly showcasing the Seahawks as the best team in the NFL.
I'm trying to learn how to program, and I need to spend what little free time I have focusing on that this year. I would probably be employed as a programmer already if I didn't play 187 games of Madden online last year.

I've used the Seahawks for ten years in all of my online games, regardless of what team my opponent used. To be honest, last year got a little boring. We were too good.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
brimsalabim":3alx6sqy said:
DavidSeven":3alx6sqy said:

I'm good with the over all ranking but who are the four NFL QB's who throw better on the run? And 8th for speed? I would have thought he would be top 5 there as well. His AGI change of direction seems low too if that number is just counting QBs.

They seem to be using PFF to help inform their rankings, and Kaepernick was their best rated passer on designed rollouts, so that's one. I'm guessing Rodgers and Big Ben are also higher rated because of their track records, though I haven't checked their PFF ratings when throwing on the run. I don't know who the fourth guy would be off the top of my head. Romo?

HHawk121

Reaction score
That is just disgusting... I don't think there is a QB in the league better at throwing on the run than our boy Russ.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3bintklg said:
just sucks trying to play with the Seahawks ONLINE because the other person will choose the 49ers by default or just leave the lobby . everytime.

#FirstWorldProblemsChampionEdition

HHawk121

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1qxgfpmv said:

This! Every time! I just play CC because of it.

IronSaint

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2gyq76ty said:

I won't! I promise. :lol:

But yeah, I think that's a fair rating. Russ has definitely earned it. :th2thumbs:

253hawk

Reaction score
8th in speed isn't that bad; I mean Russ is quick but his straight line speed isn't that great. Vick, Pryor and maybe Newton are probably top-tier (90+) while there's almost a dozen other QB's in the 80 range.

As for throwing on the run, it's probably Rodgers, Griffin (if they rate him with two good knees) and Rapistburger.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
253hawk":324xzeu4 said:
8th in speed isn't that bad; I mean Russ is quick but his straight line speed isn't that great. Vick, Pryor and maybe Newton are probably top-tier (90+) while there's almost a dozen other QB's in the 80 range.

As for throwing on the run, it's probably Rodgers, Griffin (if they rate him with two good knees) and Rapistburger.

Newton is slower than RW

tooshort

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jqju42z said:
EastCoastHawksFan":3jqju42z said:

#FirstWorldProblemsChampionEdition

Seems simple enough to me... just make quitting in the lobby as much of a deduction as quitting in the game and have multipliers for those that stick around (win or lose) based on difference in team strength.