NFL Season Preview

ShermanIsland

Reaction score
The NFL season is almost here! Training camp starts soon, and I am pumped!

But my excitement quickly turned to anger as I read this article:

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2014playoffs.php

Are you kidding me? Losing in the first round to the Eagles? It's annoying that even after dominating the Super Bowl last year we still don't get the respect we deserve. We are going to prove them wrong again.

And also, Dallas 3-13? Ouch. I think they go maybe 7-9 at worst but 3-13 would be a train wreck.

chris98251

Reaction score
You think that Denver running the NFC West Gauntlet is going to only lose 3 games all season, the guy is throwing out random numbers. He also has San Francisco 2 games ahead of us winning the division, not saying that they can't but we have not lost as much quality as the 49ers have especially at the front end of the season.

The Dallas ranking isn't far from being for real, Jerry is going the way of Al Davis in his later years, won't listen to his staff and hired hands and going with his own mind or what is left of the cheese thats there.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I think Denver going 13-3 is loco, really. Everything else is just guesses (though what "distractions" does Seattle have right now? I'm not getting that comment).

I cannot wait to see us play Philly in the regular season. That is going to be a fascinating matchup.

OP
OP
S

ShermanIsland

Reaction score
TzarokHawkFan":11weijb3 said:
I don't think 3-13 for the 'Boys is out of the question. Worst defense in the league got WORSE this year
Really? I mean the defense is awful but that offense is very very good.

endzorn

Reaction score
I am going write Walterfootball a sternly worded letter expressing my displeasure with this article. Feelings are about to be hurt.

OP
OP
S

ShermanIsland

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2htlwt81 said:
don't even give that guy any clicks . he has 49ers at 13-3.

:49ersmall:
I know I am disappointed because he picked us to win it last year, and had us 13-3.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Lol@ Denver beating the Seahawks at home. Seriously?!

I don't think 49ers are going to beat us twice. Especially not with the improvement/depth of our rosters each year that PC & JS have made.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":g2x1ihtf said:
I think Denver going 13-3 is loco, really. Everything else is just guesses (though what "distractions" does Seattle have right now? I'm not getting that comment).

I cannot wait to see us play Philly in the regular season. That is going to be a fascinating matchup.

Although I did not click the blasphemy, I do get the distractions point. Our team got to the big dance and took the girl for all she is worth. We were dancing in the streets and that could be a Heavy Distraction come football time. Browner, meh.....Lockette, meh....I think that is what he may be alluding to. The winning the offseason, winning the draft, and all the other punditiocy that goes on...(is punditiocy a word???). The shedding of some of our offseason weight and gaining some new weight may be a part of it too.

go hawks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TzarokHawkFan":913e3krv said:
I don't think 3-13 for the 'Boys is out of the question. Worst defense in the league got WORSE this year
Concur. Dullass is going to be brutal. No better than 6-10 IMO.

FWIW (which ain't much) Cowturd went through the whole NFL and predicted records on his show this morning and he has us 10-6 this year and the Whiners who "have the most talent in the league" winning the division and us suffering from a SB hangover. Let' em have their opinions. Whatever. It's certainly possible we have the dreaded hangover but from what I've seen of Pete he simply won't allow it.

kearly

Reaction score
Walter is a Rams fan who years ago went on the record saying he hates the Seahawks. He's also a marginal football mind at best, though I kind of enjoy how he sharpens his opinions, rightly or wrongly. He's kind of the NFL draft version of First Take.

How he thinks Denver is going to score 27 in Seattle while holding the Seahawks to 17 is interesting. Seattle hasn't lost by 10 points in three years, that streak might end this season, but not at home to Denver.

He thinks the 49ers sweep the Seahawks despite Kaepernick being mostly miserable against the Hawks. Kaepernick is 1-3 lifetime against the Seahawks.

He has the Eagles beating Seattle twice, which seems like a lot to ask, especially since the Eagles are the NFL's worst home team. There isn't a single Eagles pass catcher I fear now that Desean Jackson has moved on. Walter picks the Eagles for non-reasons (distractions, SB hangover).

I look at the Seahawks schedule and I think they have a good shot at 15-1 if they play consistent football. But every team has off weeks, so more realistically, 14-2 or 13-3.

kearly

Reaction score
As for the rest:

Can't see the Rams at 10-6. Scary pass rush, and very little else. The last time they posted a winning season, Matt Hasselbeck was telling the world that he wanted the ball and was going to score. The Rams have the worst record in the NFL since 2007. Are they turning things around, or are they just really good at not whiffing on first round picks for front seven players? I lean toward the latter.

I can't see Dallas a 3-13 unless Romo's back problems cause him to miss the entire season. Dez Bryant, DeMarco Murray, Tyron Smith, that offense is really good and Tony Romo is a lot better than he is given credit for. The defense is going to suuuuuck, but that is nothing new for them.

I think he has the AFC North almost backwards. The Browns are going to surprise people, I think they have a real shot at 8+ wins if Pettine gets their pass rush going like he did in Buffalo. The Bengals were statistically the 2nd best team in the AFC last season. The Steelers looked OLD and are in for a free fall any time now.

The Pats might get to 13-3 if the Gronk plays 16 games. But if not for him, I see the Pats as a fringe contender with a ton of questions on offense.

I think Carolina cools off a bit this season, but 5-11 is silly. That defense isn't going anywhere, and it wasn't like their offense was a force last year. Maybe if Dan McGwire was their QB they'd win 5 games... It won't take much offense for them to break .500.

Giants are the big sleeper in the NFC EAST. Their defense is up and coming, and their offense added some nice pieces. They were a hot team at the end of last season. Tom Coughlin. Projecting them as 5-11 is silly.

And as said before, I think Seattle is a 13 or 14 win team this year.

I mostly agree with everything else.

Seafan

Reaction score
The pigskin prophets are all over the board with regards to the NFC West this season. Some have the 9ers winning it while other credible sources have them in last place. It's going to be an interesting season.