Which players will benefit most from the departures?

Largent80

Reaction score
On defense, I think Simon, since we lost Browner and Thurmond.

On offense, Britt/Bowie comes to mind, and Richardson possibly.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Barthawk":3phhnxnb said:
Defense- I agree with Simon, potentially Irvin with the departure of Clemons

Offense- Doug Baldwin-- Tate gone, Doug will get more snaps and we all know that means more clutch grabs

I agree and after re-watching our playoff and SB games, I was reminded how Doug just makes big catches. The dude has hands and if he can stay healthy, I see him being a huge part of our passing attack this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Don't forget about the interior defensive players like Mayowa, Williams and Hill.

Everyone keeps saying Mayowa is an absolute beast in practice, so don't be surprised if he jumps off the screen this year getting more playing time. Too soon to tell with Williams and Hill, but bottom line is they should get plenty of opportunity to prove themselves in 2014.

Tical21

Reaction score
Scruggs if he gets into the rotation. Lane. Kearse. I will go on a limb and say Alvin Bailey finds a way to sneak in at RT.

kf3339

Reaction score
On defense you need to look at the line and secondary since that is where we have some losses. Simon in the secondary makes a lot of sense. But for me I am going with Scruggs and Jessie Williams. They both need to have really good years to justify their spots and I believe they will not disappoint us. A strong push by Mayowa would be great to see also.

On offense you look at RT and WR since we lost Breno and Tate. So my hope is Britt is an absolute beast and takes the job with no doubt. As for WR I'm hopeful both Both rookies will impress this year in their limited roles.

My dark horse candidate is Toomer since we have gotten nothing from him and it's time to step up and take a spot.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If he makes the team, I would have to say Kevin Williams.

He we went from Vikings/Questionable Retirement to a team that just won the Superbowl and that is poised to repeat. Dude, is going to bring everything he's got plus some of that leadership we lost with Clem, Red, and McDon.

And then I would have to say both Bennett/Avril because they'll likely see more snaps with the base Defense (depending on opponent) and I could see both getting 10+ sacks.

Tical21

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't see Tharold Simon playing much? He's not going to crack the lineup on the outside, and I wouldn't think he is strongly considered to play the nickel. If moving up to the 4th CB is a huge benefit, I guess he has a shot to qualify.