Sidney Rice to Retire

theascension

Reaction score
That kind of bums me out actually. I was hoping to see him and Harvin line up again.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Scottemojo":th4ru8ig said:
Well, that clears some things up.

Yeah:

1. Harvin
2. Baldwin
3. Kearse
4. Richardson
5. Norwood

and if they keep one more:

6. Lockette (Special Teams over Matthews)

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
All the best to Sidney. He came across as a really good guy and teammate. Might sound corny, but I really appreciate how "into" the Super Bowl he was, despite not being able to actually play. As someone who ended their college career on an injury, I can tell you it's incredibly difficult to be "engaged" when you feel like you are not contributing at all.

Cheers to Sidney and a long/healthy post football career.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Wow, this bums me out a little bit. He must not have been making much progress getting healthy and must not have been confident he'd be able to get a spot on the roster over the younger guys. I'll always remember the 2012 season.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
keatonisballin":3u5qg9tt said:
Wow, this bums me out a little bit. He must not have been making much progress getting healthy and must not have been confident he'd be able to get a spot on the roster over the younger guys. I'll always remember the 2012 season.

I was thinking he would start on PUP and they'd figure it out at week 6ish.

brettb3

Reaction score
Apparently his decision is concussion related. If so, this is a good decision by Sidney. His quality of life for the next 50 years is far more important than playing for another couple. Wish him all the luck in the world.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He has to do what's best for him. I wish him all the best.

As a fan, this sucks. I was looking forward to a rebound year and had more faith in him than most. When healthy, he could do everything that you'd want a tall #1 WR to do. At the very least, I thought he would make a difference in the redzone. We had a heck of a time scoring TDs after he went down last year.

He may have truly put his career on the line to win us that game in Chicago. I'll always be grateful for that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it, Sidney. Thanks for everything you did for us, and I'm glad you got a ring. Keep expanding your Wings stores in the area! :)

byau

Reaction score
Glad he got a ring. And it was good seeing him contribute the early part of the season.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
theascension":11jo8z1i said:
That kind of bums me out actually. I was hoping to see him and Harvin line up again.

I was hoping to see him line up with Harvin for the Seahawks period.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Honorable mention for favorite Sidney Play:

[youtube]8sNvSFFSGJE[/youtube]

Lithium

Reaction score
I thought his chances of making the roster were pretty slim to begin with, but sucks that he has to retire.

Glad he was able to get a ring, made some nice plays for us.

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
Definitely a good move for his future and quality of living. Dude has made his millions, owns businesses, and his head and knees are shot. Save yourself, enjoy your health Sid! All the 12's will forever appreciate your contribution to this team and it's Superb Owl victory.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really sucks that his career was cut short by injuries. He was outstanding when healthy.