Best of Rice tribute thread

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Post your vids of Rice here. Guy was a great Hawk who retired young, but made a wise decision that was best for him. Made some great plays.

[youtube]ym_d6Jsvezs[/youtube]

[youtube]MAG2Eruy5wU[/youtube]

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
2012 was full of highlights. Nothing will beat the TD vs Chicago or the GW TD vs NE.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You might be able to argue that hit he took in Chicago might be one of the reasons he is retiring now.

You could also argue that Chicago was a turning point. It was when the legend started being born and the belief in the team and the QB was probably cemented.

I don't think Pete would have missed anything without it but I do think that catch was a huge part of jumpstarting the Seahawks into being that monster that they became.

That isn't a video but Rice gets a special place in my memory as a Seahawk that was a part of starting it all.

I have always felt that Rice and Browner never got the credit for being key parts (on respective sides) of building the machine. So I have to give him a special mention considering just how much he did sacrifice to provide us with a winner.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Besides the obvious game winners, the two catches from 2012 that really stand out are:

(1) One-knee sideline catch in the 42-13 SF game. The man has had a history of knee issues but still came down with that ball and planted on one knee to stay in bounds. The catch came at a crucial time, too.

(2) Insane toe-tapper against the Redskins in the playoffs. Arguably, the most impressive catch by a Seahawks receiver that entire season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That NE touchdown will go down as one of my favorite Seahawk plays of all time. I never get tired of watching that.

LusciousJames

Reaction score
I'll always remember the Chicago TD in '12... amazing effort to get to the goal line FTW in OT, and then KTFO'd. And that win felt like a definitive turning point.

Tical21

Reaction score
Call me bitter, but I'm not paying tribute to a guy that made a boatload of money, keeping us from signing other players, played over 9 games once, and caught over 32 balls once. Dude made almost a half a million per catch. This is nothing more than an opinion, but I think most players would have played a lot more games with the injuries that he had.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Tical21":va2thge7 said:
Call me bitter, but I'm not paying tribute to a guy that made a boatload of money, keeping us from signing other players, played over 9 games once, and caught over 32 balls once. Dude made almost a half a million per catch. This is nothing more than an opinion, but I think most players would have played a lot more games with the injuries that he had.

I think you're pretending to know the extent of his injuries and assuming that Carroll and Schneider had no say in protecting an investment.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Tical21":1k1of455 said:

Ok. You're just bitter.

Better now? :p

chris98251

Reaction score
Tical21":373txe0g said:

Yeah He should have played with one arm, hopped on one leg and ran around wondering what day it was because he signed a contract and his body could not put up the numbers even if his mind was willing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
LusciousJames":fngrj0tv said:
I'll always remember the Chicago TD in '12... amazing effort to get to the goal line FTW in OT, and then KTFO'd. And that win felt like a definitive turning point.

It really was a turning point. That was the game where the Seahawks convinced themselves, and the NFL, that they could win on the road.

Sidney took one for the team, and I will always be thankful for that play. That game was an amazing team effort and Rice stood out.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2fzhcvr1 said:
Thanks for your contribution to this thread :roll:
Why the need to piss on the good feelings of others here is beyond me.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Sidney didn't choose to be injured, so being mad at him for it makes no sense to me.

Yes, he played less than we (or he) would have liked, but he still provided leadership and guidance to a young receiving corps.