Christine Michael's backfield spin move

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Remember the juke move he did in minicamp where some people said he wouldn't have pulled it off cause it wasn't full speed and no pads. Well here's this video I found.

[youtube]fBQYW164WcM[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
Yeah not sure why anyone would think he couldn't do it in pads. Anyone who's played know that pads aren't really that restrictive for movement.

Also, I'm pretty sure Michael pulled that same move at least once last preseason.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Did the DB get called for a horse collar? Only way he was stopping him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That spin move is the one thing I don't like about him. Do that in traffic in the NFL and it's a fumble.

King Dog

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3fkwokop said:
That spin move is the one thing I don't like about him. Do that in traffic in the NFL and it's a fumble.

Barry Sanders used to do a spin move in traffic quite often, and I don't remember him having any fumbling issues.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Now adays, everything is about stripping the ball first and tackle, I'm not sure it was that way before. I always remember the commentators always going out of their way to comment on, when someone actually did try to stip the ball first.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3cdfvzg2 said:

Don't all RB's do spin moves?

Most RB's know when to put a spin move on and when not to, so I don't think it's going to be a big deal with Michael. He seems to only do it in the backfield like Russell to avoid a loss and get out of trouble.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ofc1wms said:
Sports Hernia":2ofc1wms said:

Don't all RB's do spin moves?

Most RB's know when to put a spin move on and when not to, so I don't think it's going to be a big deal with Michael. He seems to only do it in the backfield like Russell to avoid a loss and get out of trouble.

Tiki Barber had an issue with fumbles too....he changed his position on the carrying of the ball and ended up doing fantastic for the rest of his career. Spin moves work if you control the ball. Most of the time, they get fancy free with the ball and there it goes....like Turbin. Keep the ball tucked into your right or left pectoral, and let them try to take it away. Hopefully the pectoral you have it tucked into is closely attached to the arm holding the ball...... :mrgreen:

chris98251

Reaction score
Problem with a spin move is a lot of times your arm extends away from your body as you correct for balance which opens up the inadvertent hit or strip, the longer you are the more this aspect happens, Sanders wasn't very long and was compact so he didn't extend his arms to correct for balance recovery after a spin.

Think of a ice skater, when they spin and or jump they extend their arms to stabilize after.

LargentFan

Reaction score
King Dog":19peybew said:
Sports Hernia":19peybew said:

Barry Sanders used to do a spin move in traffic quite often, and I don't remember him having any fumbling issues.

This just in:
Christine Michael is the next Barry Sanders.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":20vzmg3z said:
Problem with a spin move is a lot of times your arm extends away from your body as you correct for balance which opens up the inadvertent hit or strip, the longer you are the more this aspect happens, Sanders wasn't very long and was compact so he didn't extend his arms to correct for balance recovery after a spin.

Think of a ice skater, when they spin and or jump they extend their arms to stabilize after.
Thanks for making my point better than I did, LOL.

King Dog

Reaction score
LargentFan":e4xw3wu8 said:
King Dog":e4xw3wu8 said:
Sports Hernia":e4xw3wu8 said:

This just in:
Christine Michael is the next Barry Sanders.

You think so? Awesome!

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The spin was great. The only thing he did wrong was hesitating in the open field, costing him a TD.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1sv51tzf said:
chris98251":1sv51tzf said:

Thanks for making my point better than I did, LOL.
What point?
The strip only happens IF the defender is in a position to make the instantaneous adjustment to get to the ball, otherwise, it's just another move in CM's bag of tricks.
If there is one drawback, it could be him doing it way too often, in which case, the defenders would have film, and be prepared to counter.

BASF

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":qck19n58 said:
Did the DB get called for a horse collar? Only way he was stopping him.

Also, where was the flag for the facemask on the linebacker that made Michael cutback in the first place?

justafan

Reaction score
If a player wants to do spin moves and try to be Barry Sanders behind the line of scrimmage he probably wont play much for Cable or any other ZB team.
The rb needs to be disciplined,he needs to make his read make his cut and get back to the line of scrimmage before he tries getting cute.
That was a great move and a great play but if he does that before he gets to the LOS and gets caught I bet the first person that meets him on the sidelines is Cable chewing his ass all the way to the bench

King Dog

Reaction score
Speaking of spin moves. I hope Wilson sporadically adds that little spin, Houdini move he used to evade pressure so often his rookie year back into the repertoire. Love it.